Dreaming Young

Dreaming Young

A Poem by Jim_F

There used to be a dream;
I'd be the best at something big. What that something was, I cannot remember.
It doesn't matter, it was a childish dream.  And if known it would most likely be determined as delusional and it is quite possible that it'd show the priorities and petulance of a self appointed and predetermined prodigy.


Sharing my Dreams;

As I became older and more mature there were certain responsibilities and socially acceptable thoughts and actions I had learned to endure.

One of these thoughts I now had to entertain was that sharing my childish dreams would brand me as insane.

I Lost my Dreams;

They are no where to be found. Did they go into hiding? Why are they never around?

I have to do this, I have to do that, there is never a break.

Oh man, on that last test, was filling in B on number thirty-three a mistake.
That's just a demonstration of my new found integration of restlessness.

Why I think they'll have a difficult time coming back.
My dreams, like a couple pieces of paper, became lost in a stack.

I'm Going to Take Back My Dreams;

Let go of socially sought after and thought of as good.  I will redeem my innocence and take back my childhood.

Are these Really my Dreams?

Thank God, finally at last.  It's been a long time passed since I've thought like my inner child.

Although, it's not exactly what I hoped for.  Since being a magical, sword wielding superhero even for me 
is a tad bit to wild.

© 2016 Jim_F


Author's Note

Jim_F
I'd like to try an open mic night. Do you think this work is acceptable?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on March 20, 2016
Last Updated on March 20, 2016

Author

Jim_F
Jim_F

Bloomington, MN



About
As wise as the man standing tall on the sky rise. A smile. He doesn't fall, he flies. All of a sudden there's a stop, a crash, he dies......What a Twist...... (Hint to the general populous: You do.. more..

Writing