The Veil She Wore

The Veil She Wore

A Poem by AaliaFOfficial

Veil she wore


The night unfolded, like the thin veil

lifted off her wan visage, bearing her life at the other end

producing self employed malefactors, desperately failing to mend.

Her eyes reflecting infernal distress,

with retrospection to the nights -she longed to forget.

No sooner did it haunt her cognizance,

delirious primarily, afflicted next.


Generosity thanked not with misused sovereignty,

pain coupled terminally with anxiety.

Dreamt in color, faded into darkness,

suppressed her lips coarse, uttering words her creation extinguished.


She lay there nude, stripped.

Beliefs contradicted by ignorant rapists.

What rights do the “innocent” hold? violating its progenitors immortal soul.

A chiseled hole, a crater bent, minute fraction- day spent.



Aalia F













© 2013 AaliaFOfficial


Author's Note

AaliaFOfficial
Once you read the poem, re-read it keeping in mind,, this time that the woman is actually a symbol for mother earth.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Then last verse is oh so powerful and sad. You are so right when you say we are raping and stripping what should be a wonderful inheritance for the next generations.
You have captured the dark aspect perfectly. I wish it were a fantasy!
Thoughtful and thought provoking.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaliaFOfficial

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much!



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Cid
I did the same as you mentioned, I re-read this write after once I read ... and yeah, when I read it once, I didn't feel what I felt after read this again ... I hate such kinda folks, it's a shame on not even only those rapists but on those everyone who just make a fun of it. Your feelings;re very strong and well penned into the words, your words're quiet of high vocabulary too and I even used Google to search their meanings and that's what touched my heart because your the one, I think, whose poem took my much time to read it carefully and believe me ... I didn't waste my time in it but Utilize and gained some new words ... you've showed me some real moments of someone's life through this poem and it's really very shameful for those who still do such kinda bad things with angels. I hate it! I hate seeing angels getting hurt!

Aalia, your good at writing dear one.
By the way, If you don't mind, May I ask, has this poem come from your own real life or someone's real life???

Posted 10 Years Ago


"Generosity thanked not with misused sovereignty,

pain coupled terminally with anxiety.

Dreamt in color, faded into darkness,

suppressed her lips coarse, uttering words her creation extinguished."





Posted 10 Years Ago


The title , the analogy , the poem are all great...Thank you for penning...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mia
Rape is such a harsh word and unfortunately it is perfectly suited to what is going on! One can hope this is a little less thought provoking and a little more action provoking…just thoughts alone never brought about any change.
“Dreamt in color, faded into darkness”…great line!


Posted 10 Years Ago


AaliaFOfficial

10 Years Ago

"One can hope this is a little less thought provoking and a little more action provoking" Well said,.. read more
Then last verse is oh so powerful and sad. You are so right when you say we are raping and stripping what should be a wonderful inheritance for the next generations.
You have captured the dark aspect perfectly. I wish it were a fantasy!
Thoughtful and thought provoking.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaliaFOfficial

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
No right they had , to do and rape , the girl the ,Earth, No right to seep into the world the way they have, now others will judge and give them a rope so they can swing, solid to another realm. and your poem spots the light and me I , I like it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaliaFOfficial

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

668 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 10, 2013
Last Updated on September 10, 2013
Tags: #woman, #mother, #earth, #Veil

Author

AaliaFOfficial
AaliaFOfficial

Mumbai, India



About
Well, i'm honestly not much of a writer, i've been told I have potential, but im not very fond of criticism, particularly through people i know. Therefore, i was told about this site; "Constructive cr.. more..

Writing