CASES OF DETECTIVE ABU

CASES OF DETECTIVE ABU

A Story by Abdul Rahman S
"

This is my first writing which is a set of short story collection. Each story will be a case dealt by the detective ABU who is part Chennai Investigation Team located in Chennai.

"

                                 ABU

 

       Abu was a 5.5 feet tall,fair and handsome man with a well toned physique and a round face which had french beard and thick eyebrows. He was 28. Abu,a crime investigation specialist in the Crime Investigations Team(CIT),formed by the Chennai police department exclusively for dealing the cases in and around Chennai,was a sincere , duty first kind of a cop.

      Abu was an engineering graduate. However he was more interested in  becoming a cop. Policing was his ambition. But not in any sense of serving the nation or so. The reason he liked it was his mere interest in crimes. He liked crimes. He liked solving crimes. When he was serving as a sub inspector in Nungambakam police station in his initial cop days Chennai Police Department devised a plan of forming a special team for crime investigations in and around Chennai and decided to recruit young and intelligent cops into the team. Abu was 25 then. When Abu came to know this,he decided he had found a suitable destination to live his dream. Abu applied for the job and got his place along with another nineteen young cops who got selected,thanks to some of his intelligence in the subject of crime.

     In these three years in CIT, Abu had made a reputation for himself. He had solved some difficult cases intelligently. As a result of his good works,Abu had now been provided with a separate team of 4 comprising of himself,Satham,Thenmozhi and Jessie. Satham was his closest buddy. Abu enjoyed spending time with him for he could crack jokes at will and have people around him happy. He was an intelligent guy too. While investigating cases,Satham would guide Abu with his ideas. Abu liked his intelligence. Abu could feel that Satham was for him,same like what Watson was for a Sherlock Holmes and Hastings was for a Hercule Poirot.

     Abu lived in second floor of four storey police apartment in West Mugappair,Chennai, given by the government. Abu's house was a small one but compact for a him. Abu parked his car and entered the house thinking about having a long nice sleep as he was a tired man after a long day at office. Abu closed the door and walked to his room. He opened his cupboard. On the second shelf of the cupboard was a framed photograph. In it was a young,fair,beautiful woman with a very attractive eyes and a cute smile in her lips and was moving slightly towards her left. Her head was covered with a pink scarf. To her left in the picture was Abu trying to kiss her on her cheek. It was a self clicked photograph by Abu. The woman in the photograph was his wife. A mere 205 day wife! Her name was Jannatul Firdhous. Abu and Firdhous loved each other. They were family friends for years. Their fathers were close buddies. Abu and Firdhous studied in the same school. Abu loved her so much. He was the one who intially proposed her when they were in their final standard in school. Firdhous took her time to accept. The two weeks that she took to decide on Abu's proposal was like living in a 'hell on earth' for Abu. He was nervous always. He had sleepless nights. But he was positive. And at last Firdhous gave her nod on a Sunday.

‘OH GOD..THANK YOU SO MUCH..’, Abu thought when he had his proposal accepted.

After that they started loving each so much. Both wanted each other to succeed. When anyone of them were down and upset,the other was always there to encourage and guide.

Some days after Abu got the posting as S.I  in Nungambaakam police station,they decided that the time had come for them to get married. Firdhous was working as a lecturer in an engineering college.

When they said about their wish to their family they were shocked first. But after that initial shock,their fathers gave them the green signal. The wedding happened. The wedding day was the most happiest day in Abu's life.

Abu and Firdhous enjoyed every bit of their married life,in every department. Both of them applied for a long leave from their respective duties.They spent lots of time together. Firdhous cooked variety of dishes for Abu. Abu thoroughly enjoyed the new taste of his wife's cooking. Firdhous too liked her new role as a wife. They went out to many beautiful places. Eventhough they had been lovers for so many years,they hadn't gone out together as both Abu and Firdhous were quite strong followers of Islamic principles. Their contact medium was just mobile calls and facebook messaging.

They made love daily. They experienced and enjoyed this special gift given by God to the mankind. Consequently,Firdhous got conceived. When she informed Abu,he was so happy. He felt like flying into the space. He felt he had got an answer to his life. Abu and Firdhous informed this to their families. Everyone were swimming in the happiness pool.

Abu and Firdhous could discuss and plan what all they should do when their production comes to them. What all they should do if it was a boy and what all they should do if it was a girl. They were so happy. Abu took care of his wife and his product inside her so well.

But by then Abu didn't know God had some other plans. Abu didn't know that one day the heater in their bathroom would stop working properly and will be given for servicing. He didn't know that  a careless man will come to refit the heater after servicing. He didn't know that this careless service man would get a call from another careless Indian youth informing him if he didn't come fast to the bar,they could finish off the drinks. Abu didn't know that this idiotic drunkard service man,in a hurry of reaching the bar,would carelessly fit the heater without giving enough tightness to the screws. He didn't know that Firdhous would go into the bathroom and start bathing standing right below that loosely fitted heater. Abu definitely didn't know that this heater would fall on his Firdhous' head and kill her. Abu definitely didn't know that he would loose his love and the baby to this carelessness of a drunkard man.

When Abu came to know this he wasn't able to believe. He wished that it was a dream. But sadly it wasn't. It took quite a long for Abu to come to normal. Even as he started to go back to his normal life,he wasn't able to forget Firdhous. He blindly believed that she was still living with him. Everyday after coming home,Abu would look at this framed photograph of Firdhous and talk to her the daily happenings. He would imagine Firdhous's voice replying to him. He loved doing so. He still loved Firdhous so much. He had also rejected his parents' wish of getting remarried.

Abu took the photograph in his hand and smiled. He sat on his bed, looked into her eyes in the picture and started talking to her.

'Hey sweety!' said Abu to the woman in the picture.

'Yes detective? What's up?' Abu imagined her voice talking to him.

 'I completed those two cases successfully dear. Commissioner had ordered arrest warrant to those idiots. I am happy now. Had a nice dinner with Satham at Sea Mount. Special Chicken Biriyani. Hmmm. I am gonna sleep well after a long time now.'

'You are a hero Darling. You will be successful everytime. You are going to be a top ranked officer one day.'  

'Thanks Fir..You are my driving force.'

Abu then took the photograph close to his face and kissed her. Then placed the photograph on the side of sleeping pillow,where he keeps it regularly while sleeping.

Abu then took a nice cold water bath,then watched Arsenal-Manchester City soccer game for a while and then moved back to his bed. Lying on his bed,he took the photograph,kissed her again and said a 'Good night' to her. And then he held the photo frame close to his heart and closed his eyes. Abu was so tired that it took just few seconds for him to go into a deep sleep.

 

© 2015 Abdul Rahman S


Author's Note

Abdul Rahman S
This is the introductory chapter for my lead character Abu. There will be no story in this chapter. This chapter is just to create a relationship between the readers and my lead character. Awaiting your reviews.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hi. Yeap... It's good so far. Can't wait to see the real content regarding the detective work. Keep it up.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 9, 2015
Last Updated on March 9, 2015

Author

Abdul Rahman S
Abdul Rahman S

Dindigul, Tamil Nadu, India



About
This is Abdul from India. An aspiring novelist and short story writer dreaming of making it big one day and I do agriculture for my living. Also i am doing my electronic engineering privately. Current.. more..

Writing