The Poor Crow

The Poor Crow

A Poem by Abhishek Asthana
"

Love is just love, it can never explained.

"

O sweetie! You failed to comprehend,

my love for you is so fervid,

you couldn't catch glimpse of my affection,

which seems charming and avid...

 

 

 

if you would reunite with someone else in the future,

your pictures from my walls,

i will have a wild urge to throw..

it will be harder for me to swallow this sense of betrayal,

i would evidently die,

and will become a brusque crow..

 

 

 

afterwards your marriage, i would approach  your home on daily basis,

i am threatening, caw! caw! noise,

i'll make entire day,

""how to get rid of this bloody crow"",

you, couple would only pray..

 

 

 

i'll be the playmate of your kids,

i would sing songs for them in my egregious tone..

i am convinced they won't be really fond of,

but they'll enquire, ""who is this creature, completely unknown"" ?..

 

 

 

your other half will get exasperated,

he'll surely take out his mauser from your gun-locker..

but i will be dismayed on seeing weapon of my adversary,

i'll tease, ""i have wings which do not need any door-knocker""..

 

 

 

since i will be targeted by the sniper, in case i die,

i will question your husband, ""why did you kill me again""..

""you  murdered me, when you married my love""

""even  today  you gave me a similar pain"" !!

 

 



© 2020 Abhishek Asthana


Author's Note

Abhishek Asthana
This poem is based on the conversation that had taken place between two young lovers, that how worst the life is going to be for the boy if their bonding could not last for so long. How scary the life would be without his soulmate.
I had been given a task to present this chat in poetic structure in front of you guys. It was not so easy for me as i had to keep it shorter in terms of content. Few of you guys would find it is so funny while some of you would feel that it is a cute one and few will find this piece so emotional. But the moment i finished this, i was literally sympathize with the character that has been portrayed. Your reviews can help him out in finding peace to his soul. I really do not know whether he is alive or not. Read it from core of your heart.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is so imaginative & brilliant! It makes me want to write something in a similar vein . . . I love the idea of following someone you love, someone who rejected you, by shape-shifting into another type of being. Great details to show us the trajectory of this futile love situation, with the crow following his lost love's life & family. I don't see this as funny or sad. It's just a great story of empowerment, as to how we can still be in touch with people we are not in touch with . . . there are other dimensions we can use to be close to someone we can't be near.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Imagination running wild. The background story behind writing this poem is quite interesting. Though the poem is written a bit differently, who doesn't like to read something that doesn't follow the usual rules?

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Abhishek Asthana

3 Years Ago

Conversion of short story into a poem can be said here and tried to pen it down with full feel. Than.. read more
The way u used your element here i.e., crow is just so wise!! Haa of course life without soulmate is breathing without oxygen. I liked the way the 3rd and 4th stanza ..they are literally hilarious! Very nice poem.. liked your creativity!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Abhishek Asthana

3 Years Ago

I am glad you liked it, yeah i wanted to introduce these elements in the mid of the poem so that tra.. read more
Aradhana

3 Years Ago

yeah! it was a good idea indeed!
That's so remorseful and indeed not at all cute but heartbreaking.
It's speechless. I loved the way you wrote all this!
Love is like that. It's loving until its there and it's all hurting when it leaves.
Problem with Love is its an addiction and the way it leaves!

Ohh! I want to write more but can't!
May you be blessed with all the Love & happiness!
Thankyou!

I am sorry I wanted to give more than 100 rating but eh!!!!! Error!!!!
:D



Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Abhishek Asthana

3 Years Ago

I am humbled by your words... Thanks for understanding the real aura... really means a lot to me... .. read more
Hey !! I can visualize this poem very clearly....your skills are great ... Keep on ...actually my brother's name is also Abhishek... And I used to call him avi ... I always imagined you as you are my brother Abhishek ...and loved your writings even more

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Abhishek Asthana

3 Years Ago

Well my friends often even call me " Abhi " and i am glad that you found few of poems meaningful. It.. read more
Anushka joshi

3 Years Ago

Hmm thanks avi
afterwards your marriage, i would approach your home on daily basis,
i am threatening, caw! caw! noise,
i'll make entire day,
""how to get rid of this bloody crow"",
you, couple would only pray..

I TOTALLY LOVED THIS PART, This whole write is utterly amazing, I don't on too much on stories, but this one is really good. Awesome detail and imagery.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Your project was a very amazing one.I like the style of retaliation.It was sweet yet persuasive.
The reaction of the man to the retaliatory action might be another interesting episode.
I congratulate you for accomplishing a very successful project.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Abhishek Asthana

3 Years Ago

Though it was not any official project but i was requested to perform this task and i am really glad.. read more
zainul

3 Years Ago

You are always welcome!
The never ending story of unrequited love with a twist! The idea that love endures all things and to the point where one would change life forms to stay close to the one they love. The image of the crow was well chosen as they can be loud and persistent which in this case becomes a type of defense. I can imagine what it was like to listen in on the real conversation. Well done!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Abhishek Asthana

3 Years Ago

I am glad you enjoyed the poem... Thanks for your time and review !!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Quite a stalker-ish crow, in my opinion! I guess they are like that by nature, so one stalking his past lover is not far fetched from normal behaviour. That aside, losing one's love is a trauma all its own. Perhaps a nightingale to sing her songs of love and beauty for her lifetime would have been more romantic. Crows, by definition, are not the most attractive bird, more associated with darkness than with love. I appreciate the read request. :)

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Abhishek Asthana

3 Years Ago

I picked crow as I had to present the vindictive character. I had to display the dark romantic char.. read more
A little bit of black humour here. Yes, dark under tones, slightly menacing but also romantic in its own way. A case of if you leave me for someone else, I will haunt your life. I very much enjoyed this poem Abhishek. A most entertaining read.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Abhishek Asthana

3 Years Ago

What a lovely review yet... Its always an honour, if any reader discerns the soul of any poem in one.. read more
It was a nice poem depicting the love of a person even after his death and reincarnation that too as a crow . The last lines were the most touching part of the poem ....


Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Abhishek Asthana

3 Years Ago

I have tried to showcase the inner feelings of the character on a whole through the last half of the.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1340 Views
40 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on June 5, 2017
Last Updated on April 30, 2020

Author

Abhishek Asthana
Abhishek Asthana

Lucknow , The City of Nawabs, India



About
Don't judge me on the basis of my creativity... M a bit common person who sometimes can imagine things on a high note bt not positive many times... who always keen to observe things on a very minute l.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Today Today

A Poem by Saumya


Am Blind... Am Blind...

A Poem by Surya