Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
You, and Alias Grace.

You, and Alias Grace.

A Story by Abigail Rose
"

I encountered the story 'Alias Grace: and found it so beautiful that it struck sad notes in me. It was confusing and overwhelming to feel this way, I almost missed it when I finished it.

"

It’s that feeling when you encounter a perfect story. It’s so perfect that its flaws are becoming of it. You feel such a sense of sorrow. It’s addiction, a rush of dopamine. Still, it’s a feeling of blue obscurity the whole time. Maybe because you know it’s not even real, or because as soon as you start you’re forced to understand that it will end. And when it ends, so does the high, and you crash back to earth not knowing what to do with yourself. When I’m with you, I feel that in my stomach. As if it’s not real but the whole time I’m hoping it is. As if every moment I spend with you is one second closer to when I have to close the book and say goodbye to a character I loved, but that never existed. 

© 2017 Abigail Rose


Author's Note

Abigail Rose
It's more of an idea than a story. I just felt it was true. Let me know if it resonates.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on December 4, 2017
Last Updated on December 4, 2017

Author

Abigail Rose
Abigail Rose

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa



About
Just want to write about what is on my mind, and see if anyone likes it. I live abroad. more..