Calming the Tides

Calming the Tides

A Story by Terrance
"

A tribute to someone I care very much about

"

Terrance P. Douge

5/30/18


Calming the Tides


There once was a boy who met a girl

The boy closes his eyes as he sees worlds beyond his mind

The girl sits in her car listening to music as she’s taken far away throughout her days

Day by day the boy ponders about life and it’s questions

“What is reality and it's formality?” the construct of the world bound to a universe of endless possibilities.

The girl saw comfort in herself leading to things that caused her to be by herself.

The boy wanted to love but didn't know what to do, he found himself in an endless loop

There were times the girl sought comfort from the boy, she felt safe and wanted, no longer haunted.

There were times the boy fell for the girl, he saw someone who wanted love and security

but life only gave her cruelty

The boy sits alone, in his mind he rewinds time to understand the false crimes he did

Faded memories come into the picture with faces that he cannot remember

“ I just want to understand you I want to elevate you, to escape with you, to always love you and forgive you”  the boy didn't get it, he never did, he knew that the love for the girl was getting high, which he knew will crash like the tides.

The girl would always go somewhere by herself, would drink her sorrows away that created arrows that would pierce her heart causing it to fall apart

She is alone and confused, she felt used and abused, she didn't want to feel this way anymore so she distances herself from the boy.

The boy was hurt and mad, he didn't want this to be the end, he loved her and wanted her, she felt betrayed by the one she could trust to never again not give a f**k

He wanted to save her from oblivion, she never understood he would do so over million…….. times over……..

The boy had self-esteem problems, he never had someone to love, despite how things are, the girl was the only one that was close enough to the ones he can say he truly loved.

He wants to see her again before things hit the fan because, without her, his world will end.

He always made promises to the girl, he always kept his word but he knew that he hurt her.

He saw anger growing in her, something he didn't get, her stress was high, she was standing on delicate ice.

She fell through, feeling cold and lost, the boy jumped in after her to give her warmth and his trust.

Looking at her he wanted to always protect her, and to never fight her, but to always help her.

“Hold my soul and my heart because no matter how things fall apart, I’ll always be there whenever you need me to do my part and that no matter how much our lives have changed I’ll always look onto better days.”


© 2018 Terrance


Author's Note

Terrance
As usual constructive criticism is welcomed

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This one stole my heart.....
I wish that someone had written this for me...but they are too busy...to even find the correct words....

Sometimes maybe the fate is too cruel and timings never correct... and then it just feels like we are drifting away.... ..

Felt like reading a part of my life......
Thank you for writing this beautiful creation..

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This one stole my heart.....
I wish that someone had written this for me...but they are too busy...to even find the correct words....

Sometimes maybe the fate is too cruel and timings never correct... and then it just feels like we are drifting away.... ..

Felt like reading a part of my life......
Thank you for writing this beautiful creation..

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
1 Review
Added on May 30, 2018
Last Updated on May 30, 2018
Tags: love, forgive, story, poem

Author

Terrance
Terrance

Philadelphia , PA



About
I'm Terrance I'm American Haitian and I love to express myself through writing. more..

Writing
Purpose Purpose

A Poem by Terrance


Blurred Blurred

A Poem by Terrance