What is Love?- Answered by Great William Shakespeare

What is Love?- Answered by Great William Shakespeare

A Poem by Abraham George
"

How William Shakespeare explained.

"

The stroke of death is as a lover’s pinch, which hurts and is desired.

Speak low if you speak love, because the course of true love never did run smooth.

Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.

Cupid is a knavish lad, thus to make females mad.

And when love speaks, the voice of all the Gods makes heaven drowsy with the Harmony.

 


She’s beautiful, and therefore to be wooed; She is woman, and therefore to be won.

Hear my soul speak. Of the very instant that I saw you, Did my heart fly at your service.

I love you more than words can wield the matter, Dearer than eyesight, space and liberty.

I know no ways to mince it in love, but directly to say ‘I love you.

I humbly do beseech of your pardon, for too much loving you. You have witchcraft in your lips.

 


I know a lady in Venice would have walked barefoot to Palestine for a touch of his nether lip.

Love is begun by time, and time qualifies the spark and fire of it.

Love will not be spurred to what it loathes.

A heart to love, and in that heart, Courage, to make’s love known.

For where thou art, there is the world itself, and where thou art not, desolation.

 


I will not be sworn but love may transform me to an oyster.

She loved me for the dangers I had passed, and I loved her that she did pity them.

Love hath made thee a tame snake. Her passions are made of nothing but the finest part of pure love.

I pray you; do not fall in love with me, for I am falser than vows made in wine.

Lovers can do their amorous rites by their own beauties.

 

 


Doubt that the stars are fire, Doubt that the sun doth move his aides,

Doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt I love.

Come what sorrow can, it cannot countervail the exchange of joy,

That one short minute gives me in her sight.

I’ll make my heaven in a lady’s lap.

 


Love goes by haps; Some Cupid kills with arrows, some with traps.

Love sought is good, but given unsought is better.

Love is blind, and lovers cannot see, the pretty follies those themselves commit.

Love is a smoke and is made with the fume of sighs.

If music be the food of love, play on……………….

 

© 2017 Abraham George


Author's Note

Abraham George
Full credit goes to William Shakespeare. All lines are his quotes only. I didn't do anything more.

expecting critic comments. Dedicated to all who are in Love.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Love is a good thing. A very good thing. I love any poem that speaks of love and it being true. I enjoyed it. I really did. Even if it were not from you... However... this could be the one that could get you to come up with poems like this... on your own. Weirder things have happened before... so Why not this, Right? I'd say go for it. Besides... Love poems are one fine way absolute way to win a girl's heart... As Food is a fine absolute way to win a man's heart. Just keep at it. Don't back away... Make your own poems and use this poem as insight. You'll make something great yet. You will... I can tell and this is just one poem. So... what do you think others will believe? They'd be encouraging you. Get on it.

This poem was wonderful. Remarkable... in every sense. Absolutely Divine!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Abraham George

6 Years Ago

thanks for your comments . so kind of you.

Did i win your heart??????????



Reviews

Love sought is good but given unsought is better. This is my most favourite quote. Every stanza was beautifully structured and thank you for taking the time to present such amazing quotes.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Abraham George

6 Years Ago

i did nothing. Only used his quotes . nothing more i did.
Music the only thing.... We feel relax for sometimes..... Well penned... I enjoyed....

Posted 6 Years Ago


Abraham George

6 Years Ago

yeah music have some magic power. that's why i end the poem with that.
wonderfully written...it was an inspiration....and that's really good...
keep writing.
keep it up.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Abraham George

6 Years Ago

thanks for your kind words.
Yup I'm surely in love with 😍 your writings!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Abraham George

6 Years Ago

thanks for your compliment.
I like how you put the different quotes together, it works really well!
Not really sure about the oyster, but I guess Shakespeare knew what he was doing..

Posted 6 Years Ago


Abraham George

6 Years Ago

i try to club them in group to convey a message.

thanks for the visit and your commen.. read more

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1269 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 24, 2017
Last Updated on July 24, 2017

Author

Abraham George
Abraham George

Thrissur, Kerala, India



About
new here https://www.instagram.com/abramtheshowman/ more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Abraham George



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Today Today

A Poem by Saumya