Chapter 5 - Sacrifice

Chapter 5 - Sacrifice

A Chapter by Abraham George

When I woke up from my unconscious sleep of unknown days, I looked for the mobile phone to call my beloved girlfriend. There is nobody in that room smelled like medicine where I am sleeping. I can see my phone on the table next to the IV stand.


I tried to reach there to grab it but I couldn’t. I tried to move from the bed towards the edge with the help of my legs. After tried for a long time, still I couldn’t reach it. I couldn't even move a little bit.


Suddenly a nurse came into my room to clean my injuries, saw me struggling for my phone. She handed it over to me. I was eager to call my girl " looking for phone number I saved from the paper she gave me with her address. I never call her before.


While I’m getting her number I told that nurse “Hey! I think my legs are not moving. I tried to get my phone but I couldn’t”


“Your legs?” nurse asked.


I press call button and put the phone on my ears to hear her sweet lovely voice for the first time through my phone. It’s ringing. My heart beats raised.


“Yes my legs” I replied while I raise my head to show her how I tried to move my legs.


My hands automatically pressed “END CALL” when I saw my legs. Till that time I didn’t realize that I have lost both of my legs. The legs I used to walk, run and jump. The legs I used to follow her and used to get on my knees for proposing her.


In that microsecond all hope died inside me. How can I invite her into my tragic life? That realization makes me to end the call. I switched off my phone. I am lost in a desert and nobody is there to guide me. Nobody is there to console me. I am alone now. I wish to be alone, because only family I have is my girl and I don’t need her to be part of my misery life.


How can I walk with her? How can I be on my knees for her? How can I tie our daughter’s shoe lace as I promised? How can I lift her with my arms and walk while she looking in my eyes? All my dreams become a broken crystal glass. Never could fix into perfection.


She doesn’t know how to contact me. If I didn’t reach her, she will think I’m cheater. She will blame me but will find a perfect guy to live up her perfect life. That is better than her sufferings with me.


I decided to let her go. I decided to move on. I will fix my crystal glass life but will be imperfect; I will fill it with the blood bleeding from my broken heart. I will live my life in her memories. My sacrifice is tiny while considering her suffering she will have when she became part of my life.


I am ready to sacrifice for her happiness, because I Love Her more than anything in this world.



© 2017 Abraham George


Author's Note

Abraham George
Critic comments are welcomed.

If you are reading this first time please try to read all other chapters in order to get connection between these stories.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's heart wrenching.... Beautiful! Loved it. Keep writing!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Thats a really tragic chapter :(
Will have a look at the previous ones for sure!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Such a great chapter like its previous ones.
Keep writing, looking forward to whats next.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Abraham George

6 Years Ago

sure i will write the next chapter soon.
great chapter,coming together nicely

Posted 6 Years Ago


Abraham George

6 Years Ago

thanks for visiting .
(wipes away tears) This is heart breaking and absolutely beautiful. :') I seriously started crying while reading this. You can feel his pain as he realizes he can't be there for his love the way he had planned. Excellent job, mate. Bravo!!!! :D

Posted 6 Years Ago


Abraham George

6 Years Ago

thanks for your comments and time you spent on this.
The grammar needs fixing in places, and it could do with fewer adjectives.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Abraham George

6 Years Ago

point it out i need to correct those mistakes.
Jerome Malenfant

6 Years Ago

There are several places which are awkward and/or ungrammatical. A few of them:

"Whe.. read more
Abraham George

6 Years Ago

thanks for pointing out my mistakes.
You should enter this in the contest. It would deserve a chance. Why not? You attempted with the others. Right? Nice work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Abraham George

6 Years Ago

its all connected and if you read it all you will understand.
Joanna Matilda Barlow

6 Years Ago

I'm quite certain of that. U believe you. I do.
Joanna Matilda Barlow

6 Years Ago

I* (Sorry about that)
Heart touching.... It is a brave decision to let someone go only because you want to see them happy. It is hard to live a life in memories...

Posted 6 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Abraham George

6 Years Ago

i am glad to know that you liked this
oh....such deep and intense concept it had...my eyes watered reading this..keep it up.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Abraham George

6 Years Ago

thanks and i am happy to know that it make you feel the same way i wanted.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

426 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 26, 2017
Last Updated on July 28, 2017


Author

Abraham George
Abraham George

Thrissur, Kerala, India



About
new here https://www.instagram.com/abramtheshowman/ more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Abraham George



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..