Thought

Thought

A Story by Abz27

Chapter 1

 

I had never run this far in my life.

 

I guess this was my entire fault since I had stole all of my father’s... well, what he liked to call ‘well earned money’ when really the truth was he gained all his money from an illegal job in the countryside, but that's about all I know about that, fortunately.

My legs were already strenuous and my head weighed heavily on my shoulders, sweat dripped onto my shirt, all I wanted was for some respite, I had probably done more work now, running, than my father had ever done.

You see I loathed my father since he and my sister Sophia had been arguing on that unfortunate night as they rode home from college, you see, my sister had exactly one more month until she graduated and my father insisted that she go and work with him, my sister didn’t agree and my father being a little drunk on that fateful night hit a barrier in the road and flew off the side off the most dangerous cliff in the state of Oregon.

As the car plummeted to the sea face both my father and Sophia hit the sea with so much force that it broke nearly all of my father bones but miraculously father managed to survive while young Sophia drowned. He didn’t even help her.  Didn’t even attempt to.

I arrived at a motel named ‘Shirley’s bed and breakfast motel’ after what seemed to be an eternity of running, I was so drained. I didn’t even comprehend the strange vehicle pull up adjacent to me. I pushed the door open and a lady with brown bushy hair and deep brown eyes that bored into me asked me to register my name and age. I hated to have to use my father’s surname, but I promised my self to change it soon. If I lived.

 As soon at she gave me my room, I hit the showers and took the best shower imaginable. I leapt out and turned to leave when I noticed an envelope lying on the ground, I was sure it had not been there an hour before, when I had come into the bathroom. Half-heartedly, I opened it and saw something that chilled me to the very bone.

There are mice in the kitchen, dad.

It was evident what that meant, he was in the kitchen, waiting. Prowling.

I crept towards the door making sure not to make much noise, in the end; it didn’t matter because if someone was here they would have heard me singing ‘Whitney Houston’s all time greatest hits’ in the shower. No one came into view, and my brain was telling me to forget it and go straight to sleep, but my heart was advising me to go straight to the kitchen and confront my father. I didn’t know it at the time but I would never get to my bed.

I ran down the staircase six steps at a time, on one occasion I slipped and nearly fell, nearly hitting my head on the banister. I seriously doubted whether my dad would attend my funeral, I thought inwardly. I gathered all of my remaining courage as I slipped unnoticed past the receptionist. I hoped I wasn't as red as I thought. My knees buckled under me, and I thought for one moment that I was going to throw up from what faced me, dauntingly. Faces flashed in my mind from the kids I teased at school to my sister Sophia and the times  we didn’t see eye to eye. I regretted everything, since I was not sure if I would come back out of here alive. Not if my dear old father was involved.

As I entered I looked around wildly and almost immediately I saw my father. No one could miss his features starting with his mismatched eyes to the limp that he walked with. When he saw me his eyes lit up as he came bounding towards me, but I held him back with an agile push. To my luck no one else was in the kitchen. My father looked as he had slept several nights rough and had not eaten anything and I couldn't help but almost feel sorry for him. Almost.

‘Son, I have missed you ever so much and I’d put money on that you’ve missed your old man too’ he said his voice ecstatic

‘How is your health?’

 ‘Are you eating your 5 a day?’  

‘You killed Sophia and you think that I would forgive you and it would be over just like that’ I was trying my best not to allow my voice to break as I stared into my father eyes.

‘Straight to the point aye’ my father said hoarsely ‘she died, and it was my fault. It should have been me, I should have died’ he replied regretfully

‘LIAR’ I spat at him. Silence. I felt his face breaking and I quickly made my mind up as I charged at him. Next thing I knew I was standing on top of him, my father..... Julius looked terrible up close; his eyes were swollen as he looked as if he was from a horror movie.

‘Please John please don’t. I felt a tinge of guilt and I started to realise I had never actually let him explain what had happened from his point of view. So I allowed him to explain. But I never let go of his neck. And by the time he had finished I collapsed onto a table dazed and upset. There were so many things he had said that I had not even considered before; one being that Sophia had been drunk on that night not my father. Sophia had been the one to turn the steering wheel, so they both fell to the icy sea. Before I had a chance to say anything my father pulled me into a tight embrace.

Suddenly...BANG! I heard the sound of a gunshot and my dad lay there motionless. I turned around in disbelief and saw something I thought I would never lay eyes,

My sister Sophia.

‘I trusted you, but you trusted him’ she aimed the gun at me, her lips twisted into a grimace.

Bang.

I felt my breath slowing down and my heart beating more slowly. Blackness fell over me like an old friend, but before it could, I witnessed her put the gun into her own mouth and close her eyes, but thank the lord I saw no more.

 

 

 Chapter 2       

 

 

I didn’t know how many days had past since I was shot but I did know one thing. Dad was dead and it was Sophia fault. I was so enraged about what Sophia had done I almost forgot about my father, I scurried towards him and was traumatized by what I saw his eyes were full of fear but at the same time they were also dead and unmoving. It seemed like cruel fate that he was dead and I was alive, I felt like committing suicide right then but I remembered I needed to find out if Sophia was alive because and if she was I was going to kill her.

I thought that my father deserved a proper funeral so I wrapped him around with sticky tape, yes sticky tape because there was no way in hell that I was going to spend the money that I stole and use it to buy a casket because my father has always hated caskets he thought it deprived the poor insects and worms from a good meal (he never did have a good sense of humor). So after I buried him I found some limestone and tried to scratch in the following Julius Cruz 1965-2012 Rest in Peace. I felt betrayed I felt angry but mostly I felt depressed, that I had never let my father explain himself fully and how I had seriously convinced my self that it was all my fathers fault.

I realized that I was still in the kitchen and dawn was coming so I had to gather my thoughts and leave the kitchen because I don’t think the chefs would take it lightly if they found an underage teen in their kitchen so I picked myself up and left the kitchen. I wasn't sure what I would do so I went to bed. I didn’t remember falling asleep. But I doubt I would ever forget what happened when I awoke.


 Chapter 2       

 

 

I didn’t know how many days had past since I was shot but I did know one thing. Dad was dead and it was Sophia fault. I was so enraged about what Sophia had done I almost forgot about my father, I scurried towards him and was traumatized by what I saw his eyes were full of fear but at the same time they were also dead and unmoving. It seemed like cruel fate that he was dead and I was alive, I felt like committing suicide right then but I remembered I needed to find out if Sophia was alive because and if she was I was going to kill her.

I thought that my father deserved a proper funeral so I wrapped him around with sticky tape, yes sticky tape because there was no way in hell that I was going to spend the money that I stole and use it to buy a casket because my father has always hated caskets he thought it deprived the poor insects and worms from a good meal (he never did have a good sense of humour). So after I buried him I found some limestone and tried to scratch in the following Julius Cruz 1965-2012 Rest in Peace. I felt betrayed I felt angry but mostly I felt depressed, that I had never let my father explain himself fully and how I had seriously convinced my self that it was all my fathers fault.

I realised that I was still in the kitchen and dawn was coming so I had to gather my thoughts and leave the kitchen because I don’t think the chiefs would take it lightly if they found an underage teen in their kitchen so I picked myself up and left the kitchen. I wasn't sure what I would do so I went to bed. I didn’t remember falling asleep. But I doubt I would ever forget what happened when I awoke.

              *

My sister Sophia had a knife on my throat and her face was smiling grotesquely with no compassion or remorse for killing father

‘You will come with me obediently if you make and sound or cry out for help it will be the last sound you ever make. Do you understand?

I wanted nothing more than to gut her like a chicken but I knew that wouldn’t do me much good until I disarmed her so I said ‘I understand’ like a good captive. My sister led me through the motel and past the receptionist she didn’t stop walking till we go onto Ottawa Park she then pushed me into the alley.

She looked at me sweetly and said ‘what did you do with fathers body’

 

‘I buried it’ I said stiffly.

‘How was his body’ she said with mock concern.

‘But he got what he deserved’ she laughed. I don’t know what happened next but I found myself with her knife in my hand and her throat from touching distance, I knew what to do next, I had to strike her down but I hesitated and that was all she needed as she shot up as quick as a cheetah and out of the alley when she got to the entrance she called.

‘Until next time John but mark my words somebody will die next time’ and with that she pounced out of the alley and into the night.  

    

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2012 Abz27


Author's Note

Abz27
please review all types i just want to make it better
























My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is an interesting story. I don't usually review books, because it takes too long.

I haven't time to proofread the whole thing; these are a few errors:

My legs were already strenuous and my head(tired instead of strenuous)


I didn’t know how many days had past since I was(passes instead of past)
I don’t think the chiefs would take it lightly if they found an underage teen(chefs instead of chiefs)

will die next time’ and with that she pounce out of the alley and into the night(pounced instead of pounce).
There are punctuation errors as well, but you can correct those yourself by reading any writing style book. I hope your story goes well; I'll read more of it if you submit it.


Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
1 Review
Added on February 24, 2012
Last Updated on February 26, 2012
Tags: Sad Depressing Death

Author

Abz27
Abz27

Writing
Haiku Haiku

A Poem by Abz27


Haiku Haiku

A Poem by Abz27


Blackness Blackness

A Story by Abz27