A HeavenReam!

A HeavenReam!

A Story by Adam Lebzo -RonninWarrior-

Cold weather and frozen tears! The furry and soothing snow covers the rooftops, buildings, sidewalks, cars and everything that settles above this hearth, even time.

As I calmly watch people walking by, with their thick, black and white, furry coats either alone or with their pets, I can sense that time itself has snow all over its face, everything seems to be moving quietly and slowly, just if time is growing asleep and wrapping itself with this white blanket into a warm slumber, often eternal.

 But flames are blazing down within my heart and spirit, although it seems trapped behind barriers of snow as well, and it can't break through to the surface. All it has in hand is to gather and strike out on the outskirts of my sanity in hope to find a way out in any means possible, but for no avail!

It's old! It's ancient and feels eternal! It's like a blizzard of fire! It knows no rest or wane, it's constant and unwavering; it freezes my heart, soul, tears and ligaments, it lays a thin yet solid layer of ice all around my feelings, leaving them numb and weary. Nevertheless, it erupts as a mad volcano which feeds on my memory and melts and rolls all the way into my frozen heart as it gathers within its core, and screams and moans below the shield of frost.

There was a scent of mortality in the air, saturating the medium; it was born with the first touch of winter's breeze, I turned my head towards my garden that graced in her yellow and orange dress with weak and fading orients of green, and of course topped with a white coat that seemed to be the upraising fashion of the season! I watched the dry leaves saying their last goodbye as they descend from their mother's womb down, hypnotized, into the infinite white, or unto a trip of dark magic along the air of mortality.

I saw no birds in the grey sky, none but the old ravens. Those birds tickle my curiosity a bit! They choose to sit motionlessly and quite on the shriveling, small branches, just watching their fellow lads head south to escape the worse of winter, but they always remain put. Is it some kind of alien intelligence? Sloth? Pride or ego maybe! It could be foolishness? But they seem to survive each and every winter. Maybe they love this scent of death that leaks throughout the air, so they sit still and enjoy it.

In a way, I guess the ravens and I share a thing or two, I'm not heading south either! And here I am sitting motionlessly and calmly on this shriveling, small chair sipping hot tea, watching cars, dogs and streams of water heading south, down the hill, and people moving around. I don’t think there is any kind of pride in this! Well, its all about sloth and foolishness because I am freezing out here! And I wonder if ravens like herbal tea?

I took the final sup of my drink, a deep breath, and I decided to emerge back into my din, for watching time in his slumber has brought some into my eyes as well, all this quietness and clearness that filled the air were ideal for a long and warm day nap, away from the eidolons of the past, ogres of the present and marred silhouettes of the future. "To dream land" I sat my compass.

 

I opened the glass door separating my house from the garden, switched off the TV which I wonder why and when I turned it on anyway, I threw the cup into the kitchen sink, then I flung with my heart, soul and body unto my cloud-soft bed. With every step I took towards it, I waived a hunting ghost aside, no wonder I almost warship sleeping! That sends me into a different realm away from this ferocious life, as mine hasn't been facile or gratifying in anyway, especially my past which thrust its black fangs and jaws into my back and fed on my blood and tears for a very long time.

I am not old, not as old as my words may picture, but I have a spirit of an old geezer inside this fresh flesh, sleeping has became my resort, to escape the painful past and evade this boring present.

With every step I grow lighter and sink down in the world of sleep even before I do the rituals, I yearn to this moment throughout the day, at work, at the bus, at university, even in the class rooms while the professors are singing their usual symphony, I always seem to be out of rhyme!

 

And here I am sitting slowly on this fuzzy cloud, as my eyes keep trying to lead the way to that realm, but my body still needs a little bit of time to go. I lie on my bed and stare at the roof as I draw my green blanket to cover my twitching body, I take a deep sigh, and remember I haven’t turned off the lights yet, what a dreadful feeling!

I get up and do what I have to do, then walk back to my bed, just like a groom walking towards his new bride, with ego, joy and enthusiasm!

Now everything seems to be in order and I completed all the ceremonies, so as the rules state, I am ready to go!

 

I expected nothing different than any other day, either a gleeful dream, hopefully, or another cursed nightmare! But I have no clue under which category I should classify what I went through this time.

Often, I reach the departing gate; I weight my luggage which is over-weight as usual, but I am blessed by a generous clerk who always over-looks this issue and passes me by repeating his old phrase " Try to have a lighter baggage next time, sir" I receive his warm words with a smile and carry on, I take my ticket hoping that I will get the seat next to the window for a change, I walk my way to my gate leisurely with a heavy mind, sometimes I take a look around, everybody seems to be following the same procedures, the same routine, no one is special and nothing to be marked.

I get aboard my flight to the realm of dreams, beyond the clouds of reality, abandoning my luggage at the back of the plane.

 

But this time everything had a prominent change, when I arrived at the departing gate and entered the terminal, the entire airport had a new decor and was garnished with loads of colorful balloons, billboards and signs with my name written beautifully on them! And suddenly a group of wonderful little kids ran towards me and hugged me warmly, just if I am their father or uncle, little bit I know of what's going on, but I so much enjoyed their hugs and innocent smiles, then with the same rapidness they appeared with, they ran away with a dance on their feet.

I stood up, carried my trunks and went on to my old fellow "the luggage clerk"; I am used to wait in the line like everybody else. However, this time when I reached the luggage-checking desk and as soon as the clerk glimpsed me, a big smile was drawn on his frizzy face and he beckoned to me to run through the line straight to him. At first, I thought he was waving for someone else, but then I realized it was for me, I didn’t feel comfortable to cut through the line, but once I started going through, everybody smiled at me and made a path leading to the clerk. I was so astonished, but I went on towards him and I placed my over-weight luggage on the treadmill and waited for the wonted phrase, but the clerk didn’t even pay a slight attention to the weight �" although it's quite heavy this time, he just gave me my passport with a smile and an odd wink, like he's saying "enjoy!"

Then I went on to the ticket desk, where a pretty young lady always seems to be seated there, and as the clerk did, she told me to skip the line and come straight to her, and she had my ticket already ready. I admit I was a bit scared! I am really not used to be fondled this way!

 

Regardless, I went to my gate and rested there waiting for my plane to get ready. Meanwhile, people kept waving and pointing at me, I felt like a celebrity or a president, I couldn’t help but to marvel why am I treated so special? Is it my birthday? Or was something fishy in the tea?

Then my flight was ready and started boarding, so I stood up and moved towards the gate, I kept walking and waiting for someone to check my ticket, until I reached the door of the plane and no one showed up, not even other passengers!

 I climbed the chairs to find well-dressed air hostesses on my welcome with a lovely smile; they took my ticket and showed me my seat, which was in the business class! And next to the window!! And without any delays or safety procedures, the plane took off, with only me inside, even the hostesses disappeared!

After about 10-15 minutes the plane settled in the air, and the safety belt lights went off, so I stood up and started roaming within the airplane in hope to understand what's going on, but the aircraft was totally empty, and this fact ignited a cold chill with a freaky idea, if this plane is empty, who is flying it? So I headed slowly unto the pilot cabinet, and what a surprise! It was void!

 

My eyes bulged at the scene, and that cold chill overwhelmed me, I slowly sat on the pilot chair and toke control, huh! And right when I held the steering wheel, the entire plane started raising upright in an appalling speed; I could not do anything but get glued to my chair and pray that this thing will end up well. Suddenly I started hearing some alarming dis-assembly sounds coming from the back of the plane, then abruptly the shield glass broke and I flew out of it!

The fear that filled my core was indescribable, then in a moment I stopped, in the middle of the air, and started ascending rapidly yet smoothly piercing through the rain clouds up unto a warm light in the middle of the sky, it planted tranquility and quietude deep within me, I actually forgot everything else, and stared at the white light. I kept verging on that light until it overwhelmed me completely.

 

After a while, that blinding light vanished gradually and I regained the ability to breathe, I felt rather dizzy at the beginning, I strolled around with my eyes, to find myself literal walking on the clouds!

Waterfalls of sweet water descending from heaven into a pink lake, I approached it and took a sip, and I can still feel its divine taste on my lips and throat, also the ground was paved with clouds and a black shiny fabric which turned out to be silk, or I guess it was even softer!

I was completely wonder-struck but kept walking and scrutinizing the entire scene, I looked up to find a fountain of black silk pouring on the ground, and mixing with the white clouds in a spellbinding manner, when suddenly I heard a captivating sound, I followed it to the source that kept running away from me, but I didn’t give up the chase until it quibbled me and jumped into the lake.  But its enchanting voice is carved deep on my cerebration and memory until this very moment.

I carried on, although I had no idea where to head, or why I am here in the first place, I even couldn’t realize I was dreaming! Or was it that I don’t want to believe so?

 

Anyhow, as I walked to the north of the lake, and up a hill full of flowers with colors and scents I haven’t yet seen or smelled, I reached two twin temples of black marble floating above two lakes of pure white, surrounded by two forests of black, sharp trees, they looked odd but they weren’t scary at all. I paced into one of the temples which was carved in an entrancing art, no manly power can craft!

I penetrated into the temple and found a pearl, and oh my days! It was like nothing I ever seen or knew. It was pure black, with a dazzling shine; it was circling around itself and floating just like the centre of the universe. I felt completely mesmerized at its sight; I approached it and pondered over it.

I saw everything in it! My past, my present and my whole future. It all appeared in form of rapid flashes which stroke me, and I guess my mind was too weak to handle all this as I grew weary and dizzy. Then all of a sudden, some strange force sucked me out of the temple up unto the fountain of black silk, and I fainted.

I opened my eyes to find myself floating this time, and at the end of the horizon was a golden gate, I have no experience in flying! I tried to move ahead, but the only thing I managed to do is to make a fool out of myself, thank god no one was watching!

Then slowly I started pacing towards the gate, or let's say sucked unto it, I was surrounded by infinite whiteness and heard sounds of a heart-pulse, that place was so warm and intimate and finally I slowed down to stop at the entrance of that lofty gate. There was an inscription on one of the gate's pillars that says

"Those who were chosen to enter this heaven must realize the tremendous responsibly associated with this great honor.

Be sure that momentous punishment will be upon any whom hurt it, and everlasting happiness will be for those who cherish it"

As soon as I finished the last word, a light stroke me, then I woke up.

 

It took me quite a while to analyze what happened to me, I was so warm although the temperature outside was about -5 degrees, and my blanket wasn’t that thick! I actually was dizzy, and needed to wash my face, but before getting out of my bed, I shunned my face towards the garden to notice that the green orients are so shinny and lively.

I rose up and headed sluggishly towards the bathroom, rinsed my face and head, then walked back unto my room. My body was moving around but my spirit and mind is still in that realm, I was still trying to understand that "HeavenReam"! It was so special and unique to be mere hallucinations or chimeras. When suddenly my cell phone rang, and it frightened me actually, I walked and grabbed it, and when I saw the name of the caller whom is newly added to my list, a big warm smile was drawn on my face, I understood everything, all of this made sense… As I pressed the answer button.  

© 2013 Adam Lebzo -RonninWarrior-


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Took me a while to read this, however extremely worth my time, you describe every action the protagonist takes and I find that critical if one is to entice the reader

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Adam Lebzo -RonninWarrior-

11 Years Ago

Ever so humbled! glad you liked it
Great stuff! Great descriptions and word play! Hope to see a part II or similar story soon!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Adam Lebzo -RonninWarrior-

11 Years Ago

Thank you, I am so honored

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 24, 2013
Last Updated on January 24, 2013
Tags: heaven, dream, love, black, silk, airplane, nightmare, despair, adam

Author

Adam Lebzo -RonninWarrior-
Adam Lebzo -RonninWarrior-

Amman, Middle East, Jordan



About
"A poet from the dark realm, from the world of Gothic hymns" Please visit my website http://adamnlebzo.wix.com/ronnin-warrior Name: Adam lebzo Age: 21 Hobbies: 1 Ninjutsu, Kung fu shaolin, Ji.. more..

Writing