Forgiveness

Forgiveness

A Poem by Aella.lives

Sometimes,
Holding onto hatred,
And anger,
And grief,
And pain,
And sorrow,
Is like a poison dwelling within our soul.
It’s a sickness.
It’s darkness.
And we can’t ignore it.
It will seep up into us,
And poison everything we know.
 
We need to scoop it up,
As best we can.
Throw it out,
And shut the door.
The affection,
And fondness,
And love,
Will be gone.
Leaving us empty.
Memories,
Will be left void of emotion.
Moments,
Without meaning.
 
We won’t be sad,
Or hurt,
Or scared,
Or pained at all,
For we let it go,
All those emotions.
Leaving us bare.
It will be forgiveness,

As best as we can give. 

© 2011 Aella.lives


Author's Note

Aella.lives
Influenced by something I read about forgiveness.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is realy good, and i know from past experiences not easy to swallow, nevertheless ...a liberating truth, and a goal to aim for. You show understanding in this piece by the little intimations...i.e. As best we can give ...etc. It is a hard road to take for sure...Thankyou for this very wise poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Change the we to I and this story will go deeper.

As it is a *really good poem*. But... Using 'we' removed me one step away from you... I want you to talk to me as you...

As writers when we say 'we feel pain' we are using a diffuse light... As a writer when I say 'I feel pain' I focus my topic like a laser. I hurt and I cry and I bleed and I feel alive...I can't hope to speak for you.

With that said...there is a place for we... right? We both know what I mean don't we? We are writers and so we understand when a fellow writer is being honest and right or wrong takes the time to say something about our work....right? :-)

It is alright to speak to your feelings and observations in one stanza then switch the application ... i.e. I have observed that a caged bird echo's the emotions of the people in the room...thus we should listen to the bird to understand our own dynamics should we not?

A very good poem that can be great...

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 3, 2011
Last Updated on December 3, 2011

Author

Aella.lives
Aella.lives

Bitter Isles, GA



About
I write poetry and occasionally short stories as a hobby... I am so completely lost in what I want to do with my life.. But I enjoy what little bit of life I do have... I have a cat named Elvis and .. more..

Writing