~A departure for another world~

~A departure for another world~

A Story by Aethelwyne
"

A little something I had written when my grandfather made it to the afterlife...

"

When the dreary phenomenon of Death occurs, Life pays us back with the celebration of a birth. For Life is a miracle and Death is a mystery; a mystery that unveils *only* to those who enter its gates. In a moment there is agony, misery, soreness- In another, deadly silence and hopefully serenity and redemption. Then, an ocean of woe that feeds with despair the ones that are left behind. And the door closes, whether the circle is complete or not...Even from this unknown sphere, however, the dead do not forget or neglect the duty to their beloved ones. And somehow, they still reach out to them through another realm; the eerie realm of dreams, which functions as a common ground...Your soul found its way to me twice already. Was it because of the vague promise to see me again next time, or because of your soft spot for me? Maybe it was both. The departure of your figure leaves me with a bittersweet sensation, once the Day succeeds the Night. The flame of your spirit has not extinguished yet. I will always gaze at your image with nostalgia...You will not be forgotten.


Dedicated to my grandfather, George.  

 

      

"May sorrow be the driving force for inspiration to flourish" 

© 2017 Aethelwyne


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on October 5, 2017
Last Updated on October 5, 2017
Tags: #death, #emotional, #essay, #missyou, #nostalgia, #losingsomebody, #sorrow

Author

Aethelwyne
Aethelwyne

Greece



About
Hello there! I'm just a girl who enjoys singing and occasionally writing some poetry, which I will be sharing with you. Do not hesitate to share your opinion on any of my poems, if you ever feel so.. more..

Writing
~Memory~ ~Memory~

A Poem by Aethelwyne