The city that never sleeps.

The city that never sleeps.

A Story by Mark
"

A thought that came to mind late at night.

"

His head pressed against the massive bay window, the cold glass eased his pain. He gazed down at the specks below, squirming their way in the streets below. Each going in their own meaningless direction. Bumping and scraping into one and another. Scurrying underneath the city lights of the city that never sleeps. He grasped the empty whiskey bottle tighter.


“I was going to live forever” he thought as his knuckles went white.

 

“These ants, worthless, despicable creatures will not even care that I am gone.” he muttered.

 

“Why must I pay for their ignorance, their failures, for their existence? I was supposed to live forever doctor and you… You failed me.” He sneered as his hostile gaze moved to the blurry reflection in the window.


His guest sat upright, hands and feet bound with tape.


She said nothing.


She couldn’t.


Her mouth was taped but her eyes cried out with fear.


He turn and peered deep into her eyes with hate.


“I will live forever - and I know what we must do…”

© 2016 Mark


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on September 18, 2016
Last Updated on September 19, 2016
Tags: Fear, Life, Love, Death, City, Hostage

Author

Mark
Mark

PA



About
Just me. Trying to get back into writing. Please, and I mean please comment and let me know what you thing. more..

Writing
Fallen Moon Fallen Moon

A Story by Mark