The Fall of a Utopia!

The Fall of a Utopia!

A Story by keegan
"

Entry for a contest I've decided to join in on. My three topics were Angel. Flame. And Utopia. Hope everyone enjoys

"

In dark black and brown clouds was a small beam of light that of a window in which a mothering Angel watched mankind build their Utopia from "Such a foolish species they will build and then they will destroy themselves" she watched as Towers forged from stones and concrete became sculptures of metal and glass, bonfires and torches gave way to street lights and intersections. But the prophecy came as it was foretold mankind destroyed themselves with weapons built from the fire.

"The flame in their heart only burns for hatred...not for passion..not to survive peacefully"

The cycle begins again the towers were built taller than ever the lights shine brighter than Heaven's own. After years of Construction, a spark ignited flames that burnt the Utopia to the ground " I do feel somewhat sorry for them"

The angel noticed a small Hut away from the Utopia's asses, upon investigating she was greeted by a blind man "why are you not helping build the Utopia?" The angel asked out of curiosity, the answer she got caught her off guard

"Why do I need to help build a Utopia when I have a nice home already made. As long as my heart burns with this Flame of gratitude I will always be thankful that I can live my life the way I want to live it... I don't need no fancy City to appreciate life"

The man approached the angel and gave her a beautiful Apple.

"for you to be blind, I believe you see more clear than I do"

[The end]

© 2017 keegan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on April 15, 2017
Last Updated on April 15, 2017

Author

keegan
keegan

VA



About
I'm a young Storyteller looking to share his imagination and ideals with fellow artists. I am always eager to learn how to improve but more importantly to self learn and to self improve my ideas and i.. more..

Writing