Revelation #16

Revelation #16

A Poem by Ahmad Cox

I am light. We are all light floating through space. We all embody God in our own ways. We are not the mistakes we have made in the past. We are not the broken and brittle people the world tried to convince us of. We are all light in our own ways. We are light with substance. I am light. We are light. You are light. We are all light. We are all mirror reflections of Gods grace and mercy for us. We just convince ourselves otherwise. We get so caught up in our mistakes and in the world and we get so lost in the day to day grind that depression and disease and worry and all the other things that afflict can drive us away from that light inside of us. We can begin to rely on everything else to fill that void inside of us. We do everything we can to numb the space and numb the void that is inside of us but ultimately we are all light in our own ways. Even if you have fallen. Even if you are stuck in depression and addiction and are the farthest away from God you have ever been in your life the truth still remains. You are still light. Once you accept that and you find that light in yourself you will find a new strength and a new hope as you begin to understand and see the light in others as well. You will begin to shed the ways of the world and take on and accept the light and the love that is inside of you and even if you fall or if you feel like life is beginning to get too heavy for you to bear just remember that we are all light in our ways. We just have to accept that and God's love instead of listening to a world that tells us otherwise. 

© 2013 Ahmad Cox


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You tell a lot of truth here. But we do have physical (more dense) bodies so it is important to look after our God given body. I like the way you look for light in others. Different religions and different ways of believing say the same thing with different interpretations.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is my favorite! really we all are light! even in so dark times, our souls still shine, light always can be discovered inside of us...Your writings are so powerful and so true, containing strong philosophic questions for the essence of life. I`m so close to that feelings, even it`s hard for all to believe so much, and I know that, but you are a real believer!

-- nour --
August-013

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

399 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 3, 2013
Last Updated on August 3, 2013

Author

Ahmad Cox
Ahmad Cox

San Jose, CA



About
My name is Ahmad and I have posted a lot of my poetry on hellopoetry.com but I wanted to check out this site and see if I can start posting and reading poetry here. more..

Writing
Thoughts Thoughts

A Poem by Ahmad Cox


Diversity Diversity

A Poem by Ahmad Cox