Gone.

Gone.

A Chapter by AieeJaii

The door was locked. None of the windows were open. Only a small nightlight was keeping away the darkness of midnight. Time was running out. I stood still, something was about to happen. I could feel it in my bones, I didn't know what could happen but I knew something would. And I was stuck, locked in my room. Mum and dad are both in bed. Asleep of course, neither would sense what I was sensing right now. Well, no one that I have ever met has been able to feel the things I feel. The warnings.

Smoke was coming from under the door, I could smell burning wood. The house was on fire. I yelled and screamed, and opened my door. But the fire was right there outside my door and I couldn’t get out that way. I wanted to stop it, so badly. I couldn't stop it. It was too strong. Too fierce. Too wild. Growing stronger by the second. I heard screaming. A loud crash. Glass being shattered. That gave me an idea. A window.

I grabbed my skateboard as the flames crept ever so closer and closer still. I smashed the window with my skateboard, glass cutting my arms. Thankfully, it broke easily. I jumped out and I escaped. Alive. But what had become of my parents?

The flames behind me lit up the dark street. I was so scared for my parents. I heard a fire truck coming, someone had called for help.

I stood with a fireman outside the house of fire, once my home. Well, if you call trying to run in the house with the fireman holding me back, ‘standing’. It took a long time to stop the fire but when they had stopped it, they found mum and dad. Dead.

I screamed and screamed. They were dead. How the hell would I live without them? I’m ten years old! I’m alone. They were my only family. I have no one!

I cried. So much. I couldn’t bear to look at my parents bodies. I asked if they had died from the fire. Even though I knew the fire didn’t kill them. Something else did.

A stab wound through each of their hearts. The didn't perish like I thought they would. They were killed. Murdered. The fire was on purpose. It was lit. It was a cover-up. For the real crime. The murders of my parents.

I was supposed to die with them. Who wanted us dead? Everything I had ever known. Was lost. Gone forever. Never to come back. I was dead. On the inside. Part of me was ripped away.



© 2012 AieeJaii


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on March 23, 2012
Last Updated on March 23, 2012


Author

AieeJaii
AieeJaii

Australia



Writing
Bladed Past Bladed Past

A Story by AieeJaii