MY CASE IS DIFFERENT

MY CASE IS DIFFERENT

A Poem by Aimloce Greyfield
"

They say do not judge a book by its cover but I tell you do not judge a book even if you've read it; there is a reason why those pages are arranged in that way. Situations mould people.

"
Every morning I am a dad to myself. I tell my son "the road is not easy son.
 You've gotta face those demons. 
You've gotta learn to differentiate beauty from good looking. 
Cut between religious and godliness.... You've got no role model like most of your colleagues son.
 You only have an experience and a motivation. Your past is your experience. 
Your future is your motivation.
 Push beyond the limits until they clap for you. Praises recieved shouldn't be one of your motivation bruv.
 If you receive praises from someone for something good you've done, thank them and never mind. It's in your hands my son ...
 to learn doing everything with little until you can do everything with nothing. 
All am saying is, don't trust material stuff that you get along the path of life. 
Learn to live in extremity. 
Extreme poverty versus extreme abundance.
 If you do these, son, you will break the cycle. Someone out there will have a role model, unlike you." 
After these words then I become a son again that you see in the streets. 
You can call me names, you can assume about me but we will never be the same. 
My case is different.

© 2017 Aimloce Greyfield


Author's Note

Aimloce Greyfield
What do you think of this piece?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on December 26, 2017
Last Updated on December 26, 2017
Tags: Life, encouragement

Author

Aimloce Greyfield
Aimloce Greyfield

Lilongwe, Central, Malawi



About
I like talking through my ears in all poems i write. English is my second language but I can use it. more..

Writing