Dragons and Knights

Dragons and Knights

A Chapter by Ainsley_jg
"

A glimpse into Kasinara's childhood.

"

It was a sunny day, there was a light breeze and the skies were clear. Kasinara played happily in a small field behind her house with her two best friends, twins Amaya and Ikal. They’d found sticks and Ikal immediately suggested a sword fight. The three fought fiercely, laughing and running around.

The sun was soon setting and the three began to walk back to Kasinara’s house for dinner. Her father had made fresh bread and a nice stew. Her mother had spent the day in town, talking to her friends. As they ate they told Kasinara’s parents of the grand adventure they had just been on.

“I saw a dragon! He was big and strong and had huge wings!” Ikal was about to continue when Amaya interrupted.

“It was blue with red eyes!”

“No it wasn’t! It was red and had bright gold eyes and shiny teeth!”

“It was not!”

“It was too!”

The twins continued to argue back and forth about what color the dragon they’d seen was. In reality it had been a large brown tree that had fallen down. Soon they had finished eating and were sent upstairs to set up blankets on the floor to sleep. Jaret, the twins father, had gone to another town for supplies for his shop and wouldn’t be back until the next morning.

After they’d laid out the blankets on the floor and thrown pillows down the three of them sat in a circle with a box of toys Ikal had brought.

“My dad made all of these for me and Amaya!” He dumped the box out and intricately carved wooden soldiers, knights, dragons, and horses scattered across the floor, “My favorites are the dragons but I like the one with the scar on his eye the best.”

“Whoa! These are the best toys ever!” Kasinara rocked back in awe at the assortment of figures.

“Come on! Let’s play a game with them! I wanna be a knight!” Amaya reached forward and sifted through the toys before she found a knight with long hair and huge sword.

“I wanna be a knight too! Ikal, you can be a dragon!” Kasinara grabbed the nearest knight, one with a sword and shield as Ikal reached for the dragon with the scratched face.

The three of the played until Kasinara’s father came in and told them it was time for bed. He helped them put all the toys back in their box and took them into the entrance room downstairs, before coming back up and making sure they were all tucked in. He blew out the candles and closed the door softly behind him as he left.

Ikal and Kasinara continued to talk about dragons for a while longer until Amaya told the both of them to be quiet and go to sleep already.



© 2017 Ainsley_jg


Author's Note

Ainsley_jg
Please review it and give me your feedback! I want to improve my writing as much as possible and I need your help to do that!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
Added on November 7, 2017
Last Updated on November 9, 2017
Tags: fantasy, lgbt, romance, adventure


Author

Ainsley_jg
Ainsley_jg

Writing
Reunions Reunions

A Chapter by Ainsley_jg


Wielders Wielders

A Book by Ainsley_jg