prolog

prolog

A Chapter by Brenden

The full moon meets the center of the sky, the city that never sleeps isn't making a sound. The full moons light illuminating the silent city as the creatures of the night begin filling the streets. A super pack of almost 50 wolves are attacking anything moving. At the front of the pack stands a creature on two feet. The wolves don't attack him and seem to submit to him as well. You can hear him bark commands as two to three wolves obey immediately. Suddenly the man at the front disappears. There is the sound of windows smashing. Looking back into the streets all the wolves have disappeared, there is 30 seconds of screaming, then silence. The city that never sleeps won’t ever wake again.


Each year more cities go dark, as the super pack led by a mysterious man claim more territory. Militaries begin protecting the remaining cities.


While the military has been able to defend more cities the humans still suffer more causalities. The wolves would take their wounded or dead back with them. The humans could not understand why, the number of wolves never seemed to go down. Yet with each attack their leader stays at the edge of the city or atop the highest building. The tactics of the wolves seemed random and unorganized yet seemed insanely precise.


While initial attacks failed the packs seemed larger almost doubling in number if not more. There were however some cities that had fallen, yet not by any wolves. These attacks were quieter then the wolf attacks. The humans were defenseless. It was either death by wolf or another unknown enemy. But they weren't working together. While cities crumbled there were no bodies left behind, no signs of life at all, except for a few fallout shelters keeping around 100 humans per city at most.


After a while, a few years, no cities remained. A few survivors here and there but the human population plummeted. The humans had lost their spot at the top of the food chain, again. But two species took their place. And now begins the second war for top of the food chain, as well as well as a food source.



© 2019 Brenden


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

502 Views
Added on February 17, 2016
Last Updated on December 12, 2019
Tags: werewolf, war, prolog