timeline.

timeline.

A Story by alan khan
"

short.

"

and the young immortal, called Boy.. faced for the first time with the unshakable weight of his infinity, went mad. Until finally, he sought out another like him. called C.

C, whose death was also indefinitely out of reach, heard Boy out.

"Tell me C, i beg you answer me, is there reason in infinity? Why has God doomed me?"

C smiled, stroked his century long beard and laughed. "God? There is no God, but there is a soul, not a soul, but a collective spirit. Never mind those books of fairy tales written by men. No.. not fairy tales.. just reworked, and rewritten passages that can coincidentally apply to events that reoccur throughout history, due to lack of education and foolish belief in these passages. Never mind all of that for what lies afterward cannot be understood by the living. And since we will always be nothing more than the living, never mind that. Concern yourself wholly with that first question.. 'is there reason in infinity'.. No. In all these years that i've lived, i've never found a reason in anything."

Boy, who had expected himself to weep at the answer, only embraced the futility.


As he turned away to leave, "Wait Boy, wait.. you didn't hear the finish. No, there is no reason in infinity, Life is a long and endless series of meaningless events. All of which bundle together to form history, and as you will someday learn without my having to tell you, history in the grand scheme of this endless and misunderstood universe amounts to nothing. But is that all there is? Your human tendency toward curiosity has you concerned only with the grand and pointless. But think upon this.. if there is reason in nothing, there is equal reason in everything. Purpose itself, is a useless and time wasting idea. Life happens, everywhere, and while it is without purpose, it is a miracle none the less. To be randomly brought into this world is miracle. Each and every subtle variable brought about by random chance throughout this dimension of time has been so that it may form everything we experience. Happiness and sadness, joy and suffering, happens everywhere. And it DOES happen. Echoing into a vast and empty abyss, our lives and the tiny miniscule occursances around us, happen. And for us it can never be brought to an end; yes the suffering will weigh you down more than the happiness will lift, but you can take comfort in knowing that whether living or dead.. it all will amount to nothing anyway, so do with it whatever you will."

The Boy smiled but found himself wishing to be moved, rather than being moved.

"Think not of it Boy.. for these words will ring in your head for the rest of your eternity. And Eventually you will smile from realizing it's truth, but until then. You still have to live. You haven't the choice do you?"

© 2012 alan khan


Author's Note

alan khan
nothing particularly original.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Intriguing. A life without meaning that has meaning. And of course for me, I have to believe. Otherwise the world, subconscious laws that guide men without written ones and the variety of tastes that hit my buds without an evolutionary reason makes no sense to me. But even in the words you speak, you spill them from you with such positivity and hope. I can't help but respect that. And it does seem that even when it should be your choice to be alive or demise, there is something internal, something vain, something precious, that dominates the choice. Very intriguing.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
1 Review
Added on May 19, 2011
Last Updated on January 23, 2012

Author

alan khan
alan khan

Mint Hill, NC



About
I'm Alan Khan. more..

Writing
shiver shiver

A Poem by alan khan