Chapter 2: Amanda's Idol

Chapter 2: Amanda's Idol

A Chapter by Albert Freeman
"

Amanda's story begins.

"

    Amanda settled in happily to watch tonights episode of American Idol. She had her phone at her side ready to do battle with the millions of other people who watched the show. She was determined to keep her favorites around and like a battle hardened general had enlisted the help of her girl friends to help in the cause. She had tried to get Jack to join the cause, but he had scoffed and called the show nothing but a glorified karaoke show.
    "And he wonders why I keep canceling on him," she murmured. You really couldn't trust a guy who had bad taste in TV shows. She had pointed out to him that Tom and Jerry was not exactly the Citizen Kane of cartoons, but then had needed to spend the better part of an hour soothing his indignant feelings.
    Another reason she didn't mind blowing him off was that Jack insisted he could cook. Despite giving her food poisoning and setting the kitchen aflame numerous times he still thought he could compete with any chef on the Food Network. The night he had somehow been able to cause the grill to fly had been the straw that broke the camels back. It's didn't take six bottles of lighter fluid to start charcoal.
    Amanda began to hum along to the music as American Idol started and thoughts of Jack faded into the far corners of her mind.



© 2008 Albert Freeman


Author's Note

Albert Freeman
Constructive criticism is always welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
Added on March 2, 2008


Author

Albert Freeman
Albert Freeman

raymond, MS



About
I'm one of 5 boys born to my mother and father. My dad served 23 years in the Army. I served 6 years in the Air Force and enjoyed traveling to Korea, Japan, and Maryland while in. My interests vary, b.. more..

Writing