Chapter 3: Jack's Wondering Thoughts

Chapter 3: Jack's Wondering Thoughts

A Chapter by Albert Freeman
"

Jack alone to ponder.

"

    Jack flipped through the channels and considered starting a petition to boycott American Idol. The problem with having your date cancel on you was that your plans for the night always go down in ashes with no way of turning the flames back on. He had called Amanda once to see how she was and she had come close to threatening to cause bodily harm to him if he called again during the show. He didn't no whether to feel appalled or insulted that a supped up karaoke show could replace him. He did know one thing though. She could forget about ever getting his specially made ramen noodles ever again.
    He pondered which excuse to use this time for when he made it to work and was asked how the date went. In the last three he had gone from Amanda having a cold, to an upset stomach, to her fighting a bad case of the flu. He wondered if it was too early to claim she had developed the Ebola virus.
    Jack didn't think it was in his best interest to tell the truth. If he mentioned she had picked a stupid show over him the laughter alone would force him to quit and move to some South American country with the new name of Hugo or worse. The pity his friends would give him would be the worst part, not to mention they would never let him live it down.
    He was on the verge of turning off the t.v. and crashing with a book in his hand when the door bell rang. He wondered who it could be. With his luck it would be one his apartment neighbors wanting to watch American Idol on his t.v.



© 2008 Albert Freeman


Author's Note

Albert Freeman
Constructive criticism is always welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
Added on March 2, 2008


Author

Albert Freeman
Albert Freeman

raymond, MS



About
I'm one of 5 boys born to my mother and father. My dad served 23 years in the Army. I served 6 years in the Air Force and enjoyed traveling to Korea, Japan, and Maryland while in. My interests vary, b.. more..

Writing