Chapter 4: Dreams Do Come True

Chapter 4: Dreams Do Come True

A Chapter by Albert Freeman
"

Jack meets his fantasy girl.

"

    It's almost every mans fantasy to find at his door a beautiful woman willing to throw herself at him The notion of this fantasy no doubt started in the cave man days or was it Adam and Eve? Jack didn't know, but a man could dream. Of course he wasn't just any man and his luck had never been the greatest when it came to women.
    He stayed seated and tried to use Jedi mind powers to will the person away. As usual life laughed at him and the knock came more insistently. It was soon added by the door bell ringing. Jack heaved an irritated sigh and stood up. Stretching he made his way to the door and looked through the peep hole. His jaw dropped.
    Standing outside was a dream straight out of a po--er pin up calendar. A dark haired beauty with dazzling green eyes and a half smile upon her face. She was holding balloons and what looked like a bottle of wine.
    Damn, I must be dreaming again! He thought to himself. He turned away from the peep hole and pinched himself hard.
    "Ouch!" He rubbed his arm. I'm not dreaming! Flashed through his mind. Another knock followed. This time much more insistent. He ran a hand through his hair and checked his breath. American Idol could go fly. Amanda would be so jealous once he told her how he met this beauty. She'd apologize and admit he was the man of her dreams and give up Idol forever more.
    With a smile on his face he unlocked and opened the door. "Hello," he said with a practiced ease. The woman simply looked at him in surprise. No doubt she was smitten with his opening line. He had a million more from the cartoons he watched.
    "Oh," she said. "I'm sorry. This is the wrong apartment. I'm looking for my boy friends apartment. We're having a Idol party."
    Jack felt his smile dip slightly. An Idol party? What the hell was that? "Oh, well," he said rubbing his head sheepishly. "Wrong apartment."
    She flashed him a smile. "It's all the rage you know?" She pulled out a napkin and looked at it. "Now I see how I have it wrong. You're apartment 213. He lives in 312. He just moved in. Well it was nice to meet you!" With a last smile she turned and walked down the hall and turned the corner.
    Jack watched her go with a sour look. If he had been a cave man he could have clubbed her



© 2008 Albert Freeman


Author's Note

Albert Freeman
Constructive criticism is always welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
Added on March 2, 2008


Author

Albert Freeman
Albert Freeman

raymond, MS



About
I'm one of 5 boys born to my mother and father. My dad served 23 years in the Army. I served 6 years in the Air Force and enjoyed traveling to Korea, Japan, and Maryland while in. My interests vary, b.. more..

Writing