Prelude To A Rising Storm

Prelude To A Rising Storm

A Story by Albert Freeman
"

Short story tied into my novel Chaos Reborn.

"

Prelude To A Rising Storm

    

 

    Aabadis caressed the ebony iron staff in his hands and looked up into the night sky. With closed eyes he reach out with his senses to feel the land for miles around. There was a change coming, unlike any he had felt in the last two thousand years. The barrier between the Chosen and the material word was finally thin enough for them to awaken and cross over. His Lord would be pleased at the work he had done.

    The trek back to Metr'Guol would reap many rewards. Even now the Darc'Wer where making their way back to the slopes of Darken Mount and the human agents in the south had been given their last orders before the Awakening.

 

    Aabadis tapped the staff against the barren ground and watched the sparks fly from its touch. He began to walk, letting his sense expand and touch the creatures in the night. Very little survived in the blasted lands beyond the Shadow Mountains and what did survive would given even someone of his power pause for consideration initially. Grevor had done his job well. Almost too well.

    A stiff wind blew in from the east with the hint of death on it. He paused and turned his eyes in the direction it came. His tongue came out and tasted the wind to savor in the scent of decay and rot. O yes, the time was coming. This was just the beginning. Soon the world would be awash in chaos and confusion and his agents would fan the flames in accordance with the Great Lords vision.

    He began to walk again, plans and calculations being tabulated in his head. Soon Averna would have what she needed to break the chains that made it impossible to call back the wyrms. It angered him that her way had prevailed. The wyrms would complicate things. They had proved to be far too wild in the upheaval following the Drahkin's surprise. He did not look forward to the wyrm's finding out he had helped trap them. His Lord held some control over the beasts, but the leash was loosely held.

    Aabadis turned his head back in the direction of Metr'Guol and began walking again. He could feel the tug of it and the hunger building inside. He chafed at his own leash that prevented him from being long away from lands around it. Soon the oath and pledge he had made would be fulfilled and death would be welcomed with open arms.

© 2008 Albert Freeman


Author's Note

Albert Freeman
All reviews are welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That was amazing..I was very caught up in your plot..great and very talented visionary techniques, your concept is very well crafted in this particular piece. I'm looking forward to seeing the end result to this..a novel, that is wonderful! Good luck!
Wonderful write!

Posted 16 Years Ago


A very well worded prelude to your novel which I'm looking forward to reading in the fullness of time. You have always had my admiration for your ability to commit to such an arduous task as writing a novel. I know I could never do it. I'm excited for you, because in the years that I've now known you, the novel has progressed and grown exceedingly well.. always my best hopes for a wonderful result baby.. love you xxx

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 1, 2008

Author

Albert Freeman
Albert Freeman

raymond, MS



About
I'm one of 5 boys born to my mother and father. My dad served 23 years in the Army. I served 6 years in the Air Force and enjoyed traveling to Korea, Japan, and Maryland while in. My interests vary, b.. more..

Writing