A Tribute to a Great Friend

A Tribute to a Great Friend

A Poem by Albyaino
"

This is nothing but a simple goodbye to a much loved friend who passed on the 18/03/2010

"

This is not a poem or a speech but a statement.

This is a simple goodbye to such a brilliant friend.

I remember when we first met. I was two and you were just a pup. You cuddled straight into my lap and from there we grew. The thousands of hours we spent lying together, sitting together. I remember when you would lie down and I would lie on you using your stomach as a pillow. The quite times we spent together in a peaceful trance. I can still remember I got to sit on your back when you were young and fit and you took off at such a speed that I fell off the back. The many times you protected me, and wouldn’t let any person or creature that could cause harm near me. The night with the robber who jumped our fence and you met him on the other side and how you managed to hide in the bushes along our fence line, and scare the drunks who came to close. That time at the Begonia Festival with the girl in the wheel chair and how, you let her pat you  and you buried your head into her lap, and when you had, had enough pats you laid down beside her and kept her company. Even at the end you knew that it was time, even when I had to go help dig your grave, I knew you needed me there because every time I went to leave you would lay your head on my arm to stop me leaving. Even if it caused you pain you would get up and follow mum around everywhere just to protect her. That last night caused me pain, watching you struggle to stand and then finally not been able to. Mum and dad having to be your back legs. I knew it would happen, that you would die, even if I never wanted you to, but I couldn’t, never in my life put you through that pain you had that night, I couldn’t do that to you again. Goodbye my mate of 14 years. Goodbye and rest in peace. You deserve the break. I will always love you and I will always miss you. You will not be forgotten.

R.I.P Cerberus

© 2013 Albyaino


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It was very touching... great job. I am sorry about your friend. I to have lost a best friend, (Read my story The Blonde Girl to find out what happened.) It's painful, it hurts, it's unfair, and most important you loved them dearly.
Keep on writing day after day, it's your own personal therapist.

C. Lee Battaglia

Posted 9 Years Ago


Not many people write any kind of speech to a dog. If he can listen to this, he's gonna laugh out his jaws. R.I.P Cerberus, we never saw you, but we someone how miss you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


very vivid images of you and your dedicated friend
I am sorry for your loss but glad you had the experience of having such a friend
this writing just took me right along down to the girl in the wheel chair and your friends last night truly
thank you for sharing this truly

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 11, 2013
Last Updated on March 11, 2013

Author

Albyaino
Albyaino

Bendigo, Victoria, Australia



About
Hey all, I'm Alwyn 20 year old Second year uni student, I'm studying to become a teacher but in my spare time I'm a digital artist. My art itself is my inspiration as it allows me to put all my emoti.. more..

Writing