I Am God’s Glory

I Am God’s Glory

A Story by "Aleeza"

Did you know that you are God’s Glory? That sounds kind of arrogant, right? Now, let me explain what I’ve learned so far. This does not mean that I am so glorious that I just radiate Jesus through my own perfection. What it means is that He created us to display His glory, that is, that His glory might be known and praised. Isaiah 43:4-7 Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give people in exchange for you, nations in exchange for your life.  Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west.  I will say to the north, 'Give them up!' and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.' Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth- everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.   While studying this scripture and understanding it’s meaning, I ran across a study from John Piper and he says this: God’s glory is the perfect harmony of all his attributes into one infinitely beautiful and personal being.


We can never attain perfection, we can never be high and exalted like our God, but we can choose to allow His Glory to shine through us in all we do. That’s so much easier said than done, right? I mean really, who thinks it’s possible to continuously shine Jesus. There are times that our mouth gets the best of us (Not me personally ha ha) There are times we allow sin to rule our thoughts and our actions. Just because our sinful thoughts cannot be heard by others does not mean that they’re no longer sinful. That’s like that old saying: if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around, does it still make a sound… The answer to that is yes, you just can’t hear it.  Just like others can’t hear your thoughts, but God can and we are still responsible for them. Can we always control the thoughts that enter our minds? No, but according to 2 Corinthians 10:5 We take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. We control weather we choose to entertain those thoughts, or allow our thoughts to bring glory to the Father.


So, how do you display the Glory of God? Well, I would say by displaying the fruits of His Spirit. Joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Galatians 5:22,23). To walk in Love, to display forgiveness and understanding. To allow the Holy Spirit to be your guide. This doesn’t mean that you are not human, but it does mean to step out of your flesh and into His presence. We can do that by meditating on His word. Being filled (walking) with the Spirit is the same as allowing the word of Christ to dwell in us (Colossians 3:16). If you’re like me, then making sticky notes of scripture all around my house it vital, because I don’t do well with memorization. While studying God’s Glory, you learn that the Glory of God began with you accepting Christ as your Savior (Salvation). From there, we must learn who He is by studying His word. Ask the Holy Spirit to operate through you and allow Him to be your guide, to comfort you when you need it. I know I need it daily. Mostly when I’m studying and I need more understanding of what I’m reading, or when I need to speak with someone who maybe under my skin and I need to display the Love of Christ even when I’m frustrated. Understanding that I don’t always have to be loud to be heard, because His words flow out of me when they are poured into me. There are so many ways to display the Glory of God. So, today I encourage you to take some time and ask the Lord how you can display His Glory for all to see. The more of His Glory you display, the less you’re operating in the flesh. So, go and display His Glory for He is Greatly to be Praised.


                                                                                    *Aleeza*

© 2018 "Aleeza"


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aleeza,
Judging from your content I see that you have a good grip on context and that your belief and faith is in the God of the bible. I appreciated your context and explanation of scriptures within your essay above.
Blessings,
Kathy

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

274 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 19, 2018
Last Updated on February 19, 2018

Author

"Aleeza"
"Aleeza"

PA



About
I have a tremendous passion to share my heart with anyone who is willing to listen. I write about the experiences I've lived throughout my life before and after accepting Christ. Everything I have wr.. more..

Writing
Undone Undone

A Story by "Aleeza"