I wish (For My Sister)

I wish (For My Sister)

A Poem by Alexander Cain

She smiles but deep inside I can see her pain. 
I wish I could say I am not the cause,
but I know I am partly to blame.
I wish I didn’t put drugs before her,
but the smoke clouded more than my vision. 
I wish I could give her complete happiness,
 but that is not my decision.
I wish I was there when she needed me most,

but it’s been three long years without her.
I wish I could have made our mother stay and guide us both,
but I couldn’t and we survived without her.
I wish I could give her the world,
but it is to large to hold.
I wish I could explain my love and regret,
but it can’t be put into words. 

© 2015 Alexander Cain


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can feel the emotion in this piece, which is always the most important part about a poem. I will say that at the end you say it "can't be put into words." I would suggest that you take these feelings and use objects and images as symbols for these emotions. Specific details hit home harder and sometimes get to a deeper understanding.

Posted 6 Years Ago


She understands. She is your sister after all. Seeing you care for her is new. Most people don't, nowadays. And that is why you are so strong. You are so swathed in your own problems, yet you manage to hold regrets about how she might be feeling. You couldn't help what happened. Don't blame yourself. If it is really in your hands to do something, then do it. If you can fix a little bit of that pain, bring her a little bit of happiness to replace it, go for it. You don't have to give her the world. She knows you can't, wouldn't want you to. Wishing will achieve nothing. You need to put your all into action. Make her happy. You will find pleasure like you've never known before, if you love your sister that much. I think she knows. If she doesn't, (which I doubt), seeing this will surely explain?

Posted 8 Years Ago


That was heart-touching! The good life you can make then break for a selfish desire. Thank you for sharing.

Insight.

Posted 8 Years Ago


A wonderful Ode to your sister. Hope writing helps healing whatever happened. Keep writing, you are good.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow. Very touching on a personal level. Very sad, but your use of words makes it charming and somehow optimistic. Very good!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 22, 2015
Last Updated on September 22, 2015

Author

Alexander Cain
Alexander Cain

Bowdoinham, ME



About
Im am the one who you look to if you need a shoulder to cry on, but also the person you cross the street to avoid. I am cold hearted and caring. An oxymoron given physical form. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Spilt Ink Spilt Ink

A Poem by Emily


Her Edges Her Edges

A Poem by Emily