Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Eyes In Your Heart

Eyes In Your Heart

A Poem by Alexander Dueck
"

This is a poem I wrote for my Grandmother after she passed away.

"


     I wish I held your hand more and took it up against my face, so we could be our saving grace, at least for while. I seldom saw you smile near end of your time, but smiled at you at your faithful eyes. Though the eyes above your smiling wrinkles became blind, the eyes in your heart saw mighty fine. You could hardly hear a thing, but the Lord spoke loud to you anyway. Oh faithful grandmother we can still talk lots, but it won't be the same, cause now you can walk. Walk beside me, so I won't be a mess. I remember you, Grandma at your best, when you'd watch brother and I for the weekend.

     Mitsy sat outside our bed, yelled at any who tried to come in. Attempting to defend. Her eyes were blind like yours would be, but why should they not see when you took her home before she was euthanized. There's a bitter irony in our lives, but maybe when it makes you cry that log washes out of your eye. The last of Grandma Mitsys paintings are on my wall. She lives in the mountains she made and in my soul. We all grow old, but sometimes eyes inside hearts stay closed. I can see in grandmas art that the eyes in her heart are open wide and flutter like a monarch.

© 2017 Alexander Dueck


Author's Note

Alexander Dueck
Write your mind

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on January 21, 2017
Last Updated on January 21, 2017
Tags: family, grandma, grandmother, love, life, heart, apprieciate, emotional, happy, sad, death, heavan, time, values, morals, touching

Author

Alexander Dueck
Alexander Dueck

Canmore, Alberta, Canada



About
Hello there, I'm Alexander. I want to share with you some of my ideas. Please feel free to give honest feedback, so I can learn to say what I feel in a way that makes you want to listen. .. more..

Writing