Love's sweet sound

Love's sweet sound

A Story by Alexandra
"

A love story

"

I longed for him to come back, to return to my life so that we could live happily again. I needed him to love me. I needed to see his beautiful smiling face looking down on me. It destroyed me to wake up in the middle of the night and turn to find that he wasn’t lying next to me. I missed his smell and his utterly amazing eyes. He was my “perfect guy”, the one I had been waiting for for years, and I had lost him!

He said that he needed to be alone for a while, that he wanted to travel so that he could see the world and gather his thoughts. He always liked to think. I asked him if he’d ever return to Paris, and he told me that he didn’t know, but that he wanted to be with me again. He took his phone with him so that he could call me every time he went somewhere new and tell me all about it. He was gone two years, just travelling around. I always worried he would find someone new, someone more attractive than me, someone he liked more. He told me he didn’t, and that with the passing months, his love for me only grew.

 

It was a cold winter evening, one I decided to spend sitting by the fire looking through a photo album filled with pictures of us. I was drinking a delightfully fruity red wine and eating chocolate, resting my body against the couch, with the sweet sound of Jack Johnson filling my ears. There was a knock at the door. Putting my glass and the photo album aside, I heaved myself off the ground using the couch to support myself. I strolled casually towards the door, wondering who it could be at eight o’ clock at night. I took the door off the latch, turned the key and opened the door. I stood there in amazement. “Theo! You’re back!” A huge smile came across his face. “You’ve no idea how much I’ve missed you Sandrine. I’ve felt incomplete without you. Every breath has brought me pain, and every waking moment has seemed pointless. I will never leave your side again.” I pulled him toward me by the back of his neck and kissed him with all of my soul, with every part of my being, every part of me that longed for him and missed him, all of my love for him. I looked at him. His eyes were still bright and that magnificent auburn colour, his hair still shone, his skin was the same beautiful olive colour that I fell in love with, and his heart was still mine. “Sandrine, I love you. You are my world. I’m sorry for ever leaving you. I was able to gather my thoughts, and I’ve realised that I’m nothing without you.” I smiled, holding his hand in mine. “I love you too Theo. You don’t understand how worried I was that you had found someone better than me,” he interrupted me, “Better? That’s really not possible. You are perfect in my eyes, and no-one, not even a model, could be more beautiful, more incredible than you.” I wept, and he took me to sit on the sofa where he cradled me in his arms until I fell asleep. I woke up a few hours later, surrounded by candles, their beautiful light giving the room a soft orange glow. There was a pattern. They led out of the living room and up the stairs. I followed the trail, finding myself in my own bedroom. I was stunned. There, in the middle of the room lay Theo on our bed, among hundreds of crimson rose petals. The bed was covered in sheets of gold silk which reminded me of the warm summer days we would spend laughing and joking, cuddling each other under the canapés of large trees. “You know, you never cease to amaze me.” I said, walking over to him and joining him on the luxurious silk sheets. He turned and kissed me softly on my lips, curling his hand around my neck, and with the other, touching my leg. We laid down together, him laying over me, still kissing me tenderly, as though I was a precious jewel that the wanted to save from being crushed by the harsh world outside. We made love until dawn, only stopping to catch our breath. I slept peacefully at last, now that I knew Theo was by my side again. I was content in the knowledge that I had him back, and that he would always be mine.

© 2009 Alexandra


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on August 9, 2009

Author

Alexandra
Alexandra

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom



About
Hey... I'm Alexandra, 18 years old and doing my A levels. I'm in love with Victorian literature. Talk to me.. I'm friendly. =D more..

Writing