Reminisce

Reminisce

A Chapter by AleyshaRosa

Reminisce strolls from somewhere deep within the dark, a silver box dragging behind her of its own will. Her eyes roll about the blackness; across the deliberate faces of the three evils before me. She glances up at me and smiles, a wave fluttering across her slim fingers.

I know why you're here she sings, her voice as brilliant as a birds. She might have well been a bird in a previous life-- her body is long and jittery, her step a never ending skip. Reminisces voice is a song, an infinite lullaby that brings a bubble of something foreign to my throat. She bounces forward, her buttery dress fluttering behind her like a million ribbons helplessly tangled together. Or perhaps they resemble wings, feathers...

You shouldn't be here. Malicious snarls. Get out.

She should know Shriek protests

Perhaps she should, Fight ponders aloud, at least she'd know what she's fighting for... Why I am here. She lifts her fingers to her lips and picks the blood from under her nails with her shining teeth.

She doesn't need to know! She has me! Malicious cries bitterly.

I watch in a daze as the scene unfolds like mistaken origami. They bicker back and forth for long moments, voices rise and rise and rise until the ceiling of my mind is finally found. Reminisces box jiggles happily behind her, it's blunt edges clattering on the midnight floor. Muffled yells, bellows, giggles, laughs and awkward conversations dribbling from its creases. Reminisce is simple and quiet. Her broken glass eyes run absently between her companions, but not once do her lips move. She sighs and runs her fingertips along the seams of her dress, uninterested it seemed.

She will know! Reminisce abruptly shouts, silencing the crowd of voices. In one swift movement her hand spreads toward the box and she pushes toward the ceiling, her eyes closing. The box creaks, wobbles and a drawer slowly crackles open.

My love... She whispers, her eyes boring into mine, you will know. Oh, you will know.

Don't do this...

She won't understand...

Please!

She will know.



© 2012 AleyshaRosa


Author's Note

AleyshaRosa
here we gooo =]

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

But where did Mother go? It seems as though all of these personified qualities appeared after her disappearance, am I not correct?

Posted 10 Years Ago


AleyshaRosa

10 Years Ago

Correct =]
Captivating read keeps the reader going.

Posted 11 Years Ago


AleyshaRosa

11 Years Ago

That was my purpose =]
Thanks =]
very endearing indeed! I'm very interested to read more, this chapter is very fascinating. what is in the box?

Posted 11 Years Ago


AleyshaRosa

11 Years Ago

Oooh the box will be revealed very soon
oh, this is getting good! I love the dialogue that you put into the story, its quick and meaningful and they say what they mean and stay in character.

Posted 11 Years Ago


AleyshaRosa

11 Years Ago

Thanks =] I hoping the dialogue would be explanatory enough...
RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

it was, I got it
AleyshaRosa

11 Years Ago

ohk good
I can't wait to know myself. Very good, leaves you wanting the next part.

Posted 11 Years Ago


AleyshaRosa

11 Years Ago

=]
Thanks Nathan
"Her broken glass eyes run" Again, great visual. :)
She will know what? Ah, don't string me along like this! :P

Posted 11 Years Ago


AleyshaRosa

11 Years Ago

Thanks =]]]
Eheheheee one a day, one a day!
You will know!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

371 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 18, 2012
Last Updated on October 18, 2012
Tags: trip, blanket, swim, flame, fire, chapter, drug, pill, intense, fight, warrior, reminisce


Author

AleyshaRosa
AleyshaRosa

Abbotsford, BC, Canada



About
Canadian, eh? I've been writing since I was 13 (I'm now 18) and have recently started back up on writing a novel that I'm now half through. I mostly write prose poems and short stories with a tonne .. more..

Writing
Kill Me. Kill Me.

A Poem by AleyshaRosa



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Snow Snow

A Chapter by AleyshaRosa


Christmas Christmas

A Chapter by AleyshaRosa


Trip Trip

A Chapter by AleyshaRosa


Flame Flame

A Chapter by AleyshaRosa


Swim Swim

A Chapter by AleyshaRosa