Purpose

Purpose

A Poem by Analgesia

    I don't wish to personalize or describe.  I do not mean to entertain or to distract.  My words are not my thoughts and my stories aren't true.  I'm not an eyewitness and I don't know the answer.  I am a feeling I am a place, and so my writing is a feeling it is a place.  My writing is me and I am my writing.  I don't want you to see what I see or feel what I feel, I want you to be there with me, to be me.  To have this chill in your spine,this shake in your hands, to be thinking about what I'm thinking about, to breathe with me. I want to give you no room for interpretation, to give you no choice.  You must feel the truth, you must see the truth regardless of whether it's true or not.  I want your lips to part when you read what I've written here as I do while I write it.  I want you to pause-...-breath-...-and smile, and understand, and understand

© 2010 Analgesia


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dude, very cool "mission statement" type write. I was feeling it throughout. And what you're saying, in my opinion, is right up front and no BS. I like that. Very intense. Very strong.

I do have two suggestions:
Saw a typo... "My writting is me and I am it."
On that same sentence...instead of "I am it." I would say I am my writing. Repetition there would do even more to intensify such a bold statement.

My favorite bit is this : "You must feel the truth, you must see the truth regardless of whether it's true or not."

Cheers!
FF

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

You want a communion that is rare and far between. Poetry is the closest of all human activity for this union of minds and souls.

Posted 13 Years Ago


If only we could go inside eachother and know, see, feel what they are/do. Often I find myself pondering what it would be to be myself, within another. But I don't think I made much sense. To fulfill this mission would be the ultimate understanding, and I often wish that others would see this and try... Thank you for putting what I couldn't in words.

Posted 14 Years Ago


excellent write

Posted 14 Years Ago


Man, there's such a gap between thought and feeling right? Words themselves are lies, because they are descriptive rather than evocative, and none of them work outside of context.

I totally get what you're saying; and it's cool, because acknowleding that language is, in the end, a deceptive art, that's the most important step in creating with it. That's what I think anyway.

You've put these ideas across much more fluently than I could, that last paragraph I wrote was barely English!

Nice work man.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow. I've read through this twice and I'm still working on getting the meaning of it fully. I'll have to spend more time on it. Good writing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Beautiful. It's a great portrayal of the need to make someone understand your words. As writers we put words to emotions, but the way we view it isn't entirely the way the world does, but the need is there and it's a deep, strong need. Well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This awes me. I feel like I can relate to it so much. It does feel poetic and a bit philisophical, definitely in a good way nonetheless. It's simple things like these that mean the most.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
New
I did pause. I did breathe. I did smile:D. And I did understand.
I like this one a lot!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I definitely think that this is a poem. Also, I do not believe that there is any misunderstanding here. I completely understand this. It is really well written, it flows well, and I like it.
Great job.

-Luna

Posted 14 Years Ago


Dude, very cool "mission statement" type write. I was feeling it throughout. And what you're saying, in my opinion, is right up front and no BS. I like that. Very intense. Very strong.

I do have two suggestions:
Saw a typo... "My writting is me and I am it."
On that same sentence...instead of "I am it." I would say I am my writing. Repetition there would do even more to intensify such a bold statement.

My favorite bit is this : "You must feel the truth, you must see the truth regardless of whether it's true or not."

Cheers!
FF

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 10, 2009
Last Updated on July 12, 2010

Author

Analgesia
Analgesia

FL



About
I've settle into a routine: I'll stew in my own words for a few months, then, when there's been enough rumination I'll dispatch some sort of half cocked pile of context riddled with pretension and lov.. more..

Writing
Adam's Love Adam's Love

A Story by Analgesia


Monster Monster

A Story by Analgesia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..