Alice.

Alice.

A Story by Alice In Wonderland
"

Unrelated to the book.

"

A very long time ago there lived a young girl, Her name was Alice. She had the most beautiful violet eyes you could ever gaze into, but I would advise you not to stare to long for fear of driving yourself insane. Some say that if you looked deep enough into her eyes you could lose all control of your mind and soul. Her hair was a deep jet black beyond compare, it was long and flowed behind her as she walked through the forest. Dressed in a cape and armor, her sword hanging behind her slightly dragging on the ground.

 

She smiled as she walked quiet and fast through the forest. All was quiet around her except for her breathing. She could smell the fire in the air and grew still. A roar came from overhead, the sound of two large wings beating down as they moved forward toward the clearing. She continued forward, her breath was steady and she felt calm, with a hand on her sword she never strayed from the path in front of her. Each step growing quieter, until you could hear no noise from her movements. In front of her it stood, her reason for the path she had chosen, the legendary black dragon.

 

She watched it for a few minutes, memorizing its rapid and random motions, its scales shining in the darkened light by a now barely sun-lit sky. Its teeth stained by blood and worn to razor sharp blades. It’s eyes were as red as the flames from the depths below, a red that would strike fear into any single hero, except her. She knew her time was now, she had to strike. In a swift but quiet motion she drew her sword from the long black sheath, she lunged toward the towering dragon, and struck him swiftly. It let out a single loud, deep, angered roar, the sound almost making her ears burst.

The flames exploded from the mouth of the dragon, as she quickly latched onto its back, but barely hitting a large spine on it. It cut her face, and she saw the crimson blood fall onto the back of the dragon. She wiped an armored hand across her face, and sliced the dragon across the back, it roared again. A smirk drew itself upon her bloody face, and even in this moment, when her smile could so easily seem like the purest evil you’ve ever encountered, it still retained a childlike innocence that no one could understand but her.

 

The battle waged for hours until the sun was below the horizon and the moon was still rising. She laid her last mark on the dragon, with a long, straight slice she cut the dragons throat. The dragon finally fell with a loud bellow that shook the earth around it, and Alice returned a heroine leaving her darkest day behind. As she returned home she felt something watching her, it was nothing more than The Black Dragons soul. It followed her footsteps allowing itself to infuse into her body. She smiled with childlike innocence with no more worries, and finally returned home.

© 2015 Alice In Wonderland


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on July 11, 2015
Last Updated on July 11, 2015
Tags: Short-story, short, fairy tale, fable, dragons

Author

Alice In Wonderland
Alice In Wonderland

Winston Salem , NC



About
My names Alexis, Loyal, funny, shy, and secluded can easily describe me. My teachers all ask me why I write, and usually my response it because when I write it is to escape all of the feelings I have... more..

Writing