out on the town.

out on the town.

A Story by Alice Red
"

Husband and Wife are finishing up at a downtown posh bar. Wife uses her sexuality to establish a dominance over Husband, only to have it quite literally thrown in her face.

"

"are you ready?"  we're in a crowded downtown bar.  i'm sitting on a stool with my legs crossed at the ankles, swinging my feet.  you've already stood, looking over my head towards the room your friends are in.  

 

i'm not ready;

 

instead of saying this to you, i turn towards the bartender.  the blonde, tall bartender with the glasses and the freckles.  he has blushed three times since i've caught him staring so i turn to him and narrow my eyes; a crooked smile plays up my face.

 

"another paco & lola, darlin?"  the texas drawl i muster up, widens his eyes.  he nods, smiles coyly, and pours my drink.  you're not looking over my head anymore.

 

 

as the boy slides my glass towards me, i reach out with my right hand to retrieve it.  i blink and the glass is now in your hand, threatening to spill over the sides when you grab it.  

the bartender and i are stunned.

 

 

"i asked you a question."  i see my partner in crime inch back out of the corner of my right eye.  he no longer cares about me, or my sex appeal.  you though, are paying just the right amount of attention.

 

i shake off my surprise, regaining composure quickly.

"i assumed when i ordered the drink, sweetheart, that that was answer enough."  i turn back and tap my empty wine glass with a french tipped finger nail to get the kids attention; he rushes over, awkward now, and pours my drink without making eye contact.  

 

gingerly, i slide my fingers around the stem and turn to face you, still sitting.  still swinging.  i smile cruelly and sip my wine.

 

"i win."  its the sing song tone of my voice i think, that triggers you.

one minute i am defiant and strong; i have bested you.

the next, i'm soaking wet and smelling of alcohol. 

 

 

 

i look down at my dress.

i look at the bartender, with his mouth agape and his eyes frightened.

i look back at my dress and then i look towards you, your wine glass empty now.

 

you smile, warmly, and say:

"close my card out; i'll meet you in the car."  and then you turn and leave.  

© 2011 Alice Red


Author's Note

Alice Red
ignore grammar problems; those are on purpose.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on October 26, 2011
Last Updated on October 26, 2011

Author

Alice Red
Alice Red

About
I consider myself a personal fan of writing. i experiment with a lot of flash fiction, and for quite some time now i've steered clear of capitalizing words i don't deem fit. needless to say, my s.. more..

Writing