Homo homini lupus

Homo homini lupus

A Story by Jeannette Lunete

"Iron vertebrae are breaking courage in your shelter. It is not legitimate to speak while you are sighing. I understand."
The last drop of Bourbon stunned his liver. He spits out his final charm.
"My eyes are full of lemon drops while I speak to you."
Now the shadow is trying to escape. This man can't even dance the Moonwalk. Lame.
"You know that I get shaky when you look at me like that. Stop being so disgusted. Do you think that I enjoy being the King on a chessboard called Subsistence?"
His iris is now turning into a mosaic fragment of unbeaten illusions. 
"I could fall for you but I am still on the ground. "
The visage is whispering tranquility. 
" Don't you imitate my pattern, you cannot handle the kink of  being in the wrong puzzle."
Finally the enemy takes a bow. The pieces of the mirror are on the ground. He sees a reflection. It could almost be him.

© 2014 Jeannette Lunete


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well Jeannette I can confess to admiring your writing. I have lost all power of objectivity and my reviews therefore have gone from Dominant to Submissive if you know what I mean so let me at least share my feelings for it when I read your writings.


No, what we must have is more Nuance,
Colour is forbidden, only Nuance!
Nuance alone writes the harmonies
Of dream and dream, of woodwind and brass.
There is no theory. You merely have to (listen.) Pleasure is the law.

Thankyou





Posted 9 Years Ago


Rene Salinas

9 Years Ago

Pleasure was all mine , Bows gracefully
This comment has been deleted by this stories author.
Rene Salinas

9 Years Ago

Huh, I htought someone had just messaged me. By the way I am a fan of disjointed thought hence my co.. read more
Short-shorts seem to be a common trend in your work, granted this is only the second I've read, so I shall reserve myself. I fear I must defend the wolf. Your second to last line is great. The only problem I'm seeing is disjointed thoughts (intentional perhaps) "My eyes are lemon drops while I speak to you," a bit of poetic symbolism, but it's quoted, thus, questions the 'While I speak to you,'. I'm a bit tired, and in a bit of beer haze, but it seem contradictory, again, just suggestions, and observations of a buzzed mind.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jack Wolfe

9 Years Ago

Not a sleeping pill, sorry, my humor doesn't go over well sometimes. I was jokingly mimicking your m.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
The visage is whispering tranquility.
" Don't you imitate my pattern, you cannot handle the kink of being in the wrong puzzle."

A splendid read and write. Thank you for joining and posting...:).................

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jeannette Lunete

9 Years Ago

Thanks a lot Sami Khalil . You are welcome. I am glad you enjoyed it. :)
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

Yep. You are welcome...:).....................

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

579 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 9, 2014
Last Updated on September 9, 2014

Author

Jeannette Lunete
Jeannette Lunete

About
Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see. C. S. Lewis more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Fortress Fortress

A Poem by Jack...