Would Life ever Be the Same Again?

Would Life ever Be the Same Again?

A Chapter by AlinaTheCacti

I felt the temperature drop twenty degrees as I walked into the beer pub that I was instructed to go. This was the last place that poor old' Thomas Freddy was seen before he disappeared for a few days. I pushed opened the heavy wooden door and a bell rang. First I heard the heavy sounds of clanging glass and pots before I heard a ton of cuss words being used. Strange how an honorable man would be visiting here. I pushed open the second door that blocked the cold chilly air from coming in. I looked around, the walls were all covered with brown stains, which seemed like leftover food. The chairs and couches were worn out so much that it started attracting bugs. All around me was men in their forties that dressed like they just went to rob a bank. With three day old facial hair and very tired eyes. In front of them were glasses after glasses of what looked like with eggnog or beer. At one table there was a group of men who were playing poker, as they raised their hand for a waitress to come. I saw the most stunning girl come out and take their order. Right after she took their order, one of the men grabbed her leg and pull her onto the couch. Her eyes widened as she started kicking and wrestling the men, but they were big and muscular. I walked over there. I pulled out my gun from my waist and pointed at the men.
"Release the woman at once!" I ordered. There was fear in their eyes but they didn't release her. I saw the youngest of the bunch start unbuttoning her shirt. I felt the rage in my body rise as I pointed the gun at the man.
"Stop right there sir, the woman has her rights." He didn't stop as I saw the top of her breasts show. Without thinking I shot the man dead in his tracks. The other men quickly fumbled their way out of the chairs and bolted out of the shop. I looked at the younger man. He would be declared handsome in today's world. With short black hair, stubbles and a muscular body, he looked like he was an actor. I saw the woman still in the booth as I leaned forward and gave her my hand. She took it and stood back up.
"Thank You, sir," She mumbled as she buttoned back her shirt. The way she stood and how beautiful she looked made me question why she worked here. Her wavy blond hair and crystal blue eyes stood out the most. Then her long legs came next as I looked her over.
"It isn't every day that I come to work and find a very attractive man with a suit wandering by," She commented as she finished buttoning her shirt. "Can I get you anything?" 
"I haven't been here before, but I'll get a beer," I handed her a five dollar bill as she gave me a smile before turning back to the counter. I looked around before my eyes found the owner of the pub. I walked up to him.
"Excuse me, sir," I said. He looked up and met my eye.
"Ah, Mr. Andrews am I correct?" He asked as he looked back down and continued organizing the money.
"Yes Sir," I replied as I leaned in and looked around. 
"I was told that this was the last place Mr. Freddy came before he went missing, do you remember him?" I saw him quickly lift his head as he looked around rapidly.
"Shhhhh," Was all he said. I waited for him to continue but he didn't say anything. I felt someone lightly tap my shoulder as I turned around to find the waitress carrying my beer. I took it and gave her a ten dollar tip. When I turned back around, I saw the man putting on his jacket.
"Let's go for a walk," Was all he said. 

I felt the wind get stronger as we exited the pub and went towards the bridge of Deadly Hallows.
"I saw Thomas the other day, we were great friends back in the days," He told me. "That day, he came into the pub with three other men. They looked like they just came outta prison, with the long beard and hollow eyes. When I went up to them, they just waved me away. I sent Little Lil next to snoop on what they were talking about, but the minute she got into eavesdropping range you see, they stopped talking and placed their order. He was acting very strange that day."
As I pulled out my notebook and copied down the keynotes I started asking a few questions.
"Do you know the names of these men?" 
"I do not know all. One of the men left a hundred dollar tip for Lil and their phone number, perhaps you can ask her for those. But please be careful, I don't wand little Lil become involved in these activities." I looked up from my notes.
"Are you related to Lil?" I asked. He had the same nose and mouth as her.
"I'm Lil's uncle." I looked back down at my notes and started reviewing them.
"What day did Thomas come to the pub?" I questioned him. He looked at the trees and hesitated before answering.
"I believe it was on Friday the Thirteenth." I wrote down how he hesitated and his reply.
Do you remember how these men looked?" 
"I remember one having green eyes, this wasn't the one that gave the phone number though. The one that gave the phone number was about six foot one. With hazel eyes and a crooked smile. The last one..." He thought for a second.
"The last one?"
"The last one had a dog bite on his arm." I quickly scribbled these ideas onto my notebook just before we had reached back to the pub.
"Thank You for the information Mr... Mr... 
"Dawkins, Mark Dawkins," He introduced. as he put his hand in front of him and I shook it.
"May I ask, but how'd Lil start working here? She doesn't seem like the type to do so," He pushed opened the door and went back to do his job.
"Perhaps go and ask her yourself. You seem like the good kind," He winked. Before going to the backroom to get a drink for himself. He turned back to me.
"Her shift ends at nine," He told me. "Better be here before she runs away back to her apartment, she can be a speedy one." I left my beer on the counter as I left the pub. I smiled to myself as I felt the fresh air go into my lungs. He just gave me the chance to spend the night with a stunning woman. Not like I have anything better to do anyway.


© 2018 AlinaTheCacti


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on January 31, 2018
Last Updated on January 31, 2018


Author

AlinaTheCacti
AlinaTheCacti

Canada



About
I'm a EXTREMELY younger writer that loves to draw, read and write, compared to many others more..

Writing