Fairytales

Fairytales

A Poem by AllauraRose
"

Was in the shower and this theme popped into my mind.

"
Love, Hollywood, T.V, Books, and Dreams
The lies we see as we watch the big screen
We hope for a prince who will sweep us off our feet
   

You date many toads before you kiss a prince
We think love’s magical, yet we need magic to experience it
We try and try but we still miss a glass slipper


A rose to be thrown and a love ballad to be sung,
under our balcony at dusk ,in the early spring, by our love
Someone to fall head over heels for, but we just fall on our head 


© 2018 AllauraRose


Author's Note

AllauraRose
Feel free to leave feedback!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm a fan of the format. Each stanza seems to be able to stand on it's own and they are all woven together by the same theme in the end. That is at least what I got from it.

I'm also a fan of fairy tails, but I love how this poem seems to address them as teaching a kind of complacency in the face of romance. Fairy tails verses reality is a common theme, but I feel like this specific theme, or at least the way you have conveyed it, it very unique.

I like the assonance in the first stanza with "dream", "screen", and "feet". I do think that maybe the use of "dream" twice is a bit too repetitive.

Stanza 2 has some great lines, but the second one is my favorite. It addresses the theme of poem very well. I'm not sure about how it flows, but I may just be too hung up on rhymes.

Stanza 3 has good imagery, but I think it's in need of some commas to help the clarity get across. It is a bit confusing as it all seems to run together.

The fourth stanza, as I said, weaves the whole idea together. I do think the flow is a bit off specifically with the last two lines, but for the most part I think it's great.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this! I'm not the most knowledgeable about poetry, so I'm sure I could be wrong about plenty of this stuff, but I really like the idea you have here!

Posted 6 Years Ago


AllauraRose

6 Years Ago

Thanks for the feedback! I will check out the poem tomorrow!
H L Rose

6 Years Ago

Of course!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
1 Review
Added on April 24, 2018
Last Updated on April 26, 2018
Tags: love, lies, tv, Hollywood, fairytales

Author

AllauraRose
AllauraRose

Raleigh, NC



About
A fifteen year old introvert who found a way to express herself. Some of my poems are okay and sometimes they are trash, just bare with me. I'm no Emily Dickinson, but I'm me. more..

Writing