A love not meant to be...

A love not meant to be...

A Story by AllauraRose
"

So, yeah...

"

Ok, I’m going to send you something I want you to read. Please don’t hate me for it. If you don’t agree, I understand and I know you probably don’t. Just, I need you to read this.  This will be long, just warning you. 


"I love you.  I have since second semester of eighth grade.  Then I found out you and my friend were hanging out and I decided I better push my feelings away.  Well, you started sitting with us and my feelings came flying out with a vengeance.  I knew you and I had a connection. I knew you were in pain and all I wanted to do was help you and be there for you.  Well, here comes December and we skype, just you and me, and you tell me you like me and I am overfilled with joy, but I freak out and begin to worry about everything.  My friend replies with a sure and that seals the deal for you.  You never address what you had previously said and I am left sad and heartbroken.  I decide to push my feelings away, but that didn’t last long.  You begin to sit with your guy friends again and everyday you don’t sit with us, I feel like I am missing apart of me. You never failed to bring a smile to my face, but I mocked you so you couldn’t see my pain. Summer comes and my feelings begin to peak out once again.  I miss you everyday wishing we could hang.  Once I learned you and my friend were official, I couldn’t help but cry, and I decided to push my feelings away once again. Tenth grade rolls around and my feelings are still down.  Until I realize this last weekend at Homecoming that the reason I don’t like anyone else is because I’m infatuated with you. I live through your relationship, trying to keep it alive as if it were my own, but you're in pain and it kills me. After the Virginia trip, my feelings peaked, reaching a record high. When you said how you wait for the day to find someone who will appreciate your romanticism, all I wanted to do is say I would and I would return the gestures.  I then begin to feel sad and depressed because I know you’ll never see me the way I see you.   I turn to friends who go to different schools and they say I need to tell you.  That I need to wear my heart on my sleeve and how knowing he doesn’t like you is better than never knowing and I agreed. So here I am, my heart on my sleeve only waiting to be ripped in half but ready to accept the pain if you don’t feel the same. Thanks for listening."


He soon replied with an "I don't."

© 2018 AllauraRose


Author's Note

AllauraRose
Feel free to leave feedback!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm sorry that sucks. I thought you did a good job making the story clear though! Romantic relationships are terrifying for reasons like this.

Not that you probably care much for my opinion, but seeing as I got a read request I'm gonna give it anyways 😆. From the information given I totally don't like this guy. I mean I'm sure he's a nice dude, but he's careless and immature. At least he finally has given you a straight answer.

Posted 5 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
AllauraRose

5 Years Ago

Thanks and I do not disagree lol. I do feel better though, so that is a plus. Thanks for the feedb.. read more
H L Rose

5 Years Ago

Of course!
that is a terrible situation to be in,but you did the right thing

Posted 5 Years Ago


AllauraRose

5 Years Ago

Yeah, but oh well, c'est la vie...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 7, 2018
Last Updated on October 7, 2018
Tags: life, love, sadness, depression, romance, crush, teens

Author

AllauraRose
AllauraRose

Raleigh, NC



About
A fifteen year old introvert who found a way to express herself. Some of my poems are okay and sometimes they are trash, just bare with me. I'm no Emily Dickinson, but I'm me. more..

Writing