Aha!

Aha!

A Story by AllenS
"

Self evident surprises

"
There was the time when my son discovered the backside of his right hand. “Aha! Eureaka! There is something back there! Incredible,” you could just see him think as it finally clicked. “This thing has two sides and I am in control of what I see.” It was a Copernicus Moment for someone only a few months old, and everything sprang from there: pushing away from the breast, lifting himself in the bassinett (remember bassinets), reaching, turning other things over, looking under things, pushing and pulling things to see them move (even if it was off the countertop), eventually walking and then watchout!

It all began with that first aha moment. Wikipedia calls it the Aha Effect or the Eureka Effect. So cool. Life is full of self evident truths that reveal themselves as we grow, as we open our eyes, as we put together the seemingly random pieces of experience that we collect. Remember the time you discovered what the phenomenon of balance felt like? Or how to make (not just sound) music from a string? Or how to whistle? Remember the time you realized that they loved you and would not leave you? Remember the time that you discovered that you could actually hurt someone elses feelings…I mean really hurt them? Do you remember when you discovered that some things heal themselves and some things remain open sores? Do you remember when you discovered that death was not final? There are so many aha moments that make life a continual unfolding journey. So much to learn. So many things you don’t really have to dig for, simply open your eyes!

© 2018 AllenS


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I've had to think back and ponder for a few moments, but I do recall several things like that--first time flying a kite, riding a bicycle. First kiss--oh, wow. Truly, there have been oodles of such events in our lives. (how wonderful to remember)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AllenS

6 Years Ago

Nice to share them with you.
You are right Allen. Always something new and a surprise. Life is a wild ride. A wise person roll with the flow. I agree. Life is constant learning. Thank you for sharing your amazing words and thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 5, 2018
Last Updated on March 13, 2018
Tags: Surprise, relationships, awareness, awake

Author

AllenS
AllenS

Palisade , CO



About
Words are fascinating little creatures. more..

Writing
High Moist High Moist

A Poem by AllenS


Linked Linked

A Poem by AllenS



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Alice Alice

A Poem by Betty Hermelee