A Dangerous Devotion

A Dangerous Devotion

A Story by Allyson Wolfe

"Christian?"  Elise calls out nervously.  She pushes the door open slightly and steps into a dimly lit room.  Elise calls again for her brother, getting more and more suspicious as she sees drops of blood on the hardwood floor.  Looking closely she sees that the tiny drops formed an almost indistinguishable trail through the swank apartment, right back into her brother's bedroom.  Seeing the trail of crimson brought realization to Elise.  She stormed into his room and was both horrified and appalled at the site that she saw.
Splashes of blood decorated the walls and polished floors.  The entire room smelled of it, faintly metallic.  The window was open and the curtains were drawn to display a full and cryptic moon staring down at a couple, intertwined on Christian's bed.  Elise was overwhelmed, her senses in overdrive.  He had already given himself over to the transition and had obviously helped his new partner complete her own (and first) transformation as well.  It was just wrong.
In her anger, she felt herself changing too, the beast becoming more and more apparent in her mannerisms.  it took all of her power but she was able to cage him before any real danger was done.  "Christian, what have you done?" Elise asked incredulously.  "Did you ask permission for this?"
Her brother looked up at her innocently, a lazy grin spreading across his face.  :Dear sister, she practically begged me to!  She seems so devoted to me.  Tonight was just a night where I couldn't help myself."  He looked over at the near-lifeless body next to his own.  "I'm glad she survived.  I think I may like her."
Elise snarled, still struggling to contain the wolf in her who was trying to release itself from her control.  "Christian, we have to hunt.  Now.  The pack is waiting."
Christian rolled his eyes, projecting his thoughts very clearly to both his sister and his other packmate.  I'm on my way.  I apologize for any inconvenience I have caused.
Elise hear about a dozen distinct howls as her brother briskly made his transformation.  From a tall, pale and well muscled man, he became a large and compact wolf with a shocking coat of pure white snow.  "From dark to light, men all change a midst the night," Elise muttered under her breath a segment of the ancient chant.  
Almost forgetting the weeping girl and her brother's rude, yet effective bedside manner, Elise turned around and went to the girl.  "What is your name?"
The girl turned towards her lover's sister, the effects of the change apparent in her sharpened teeth and her green eyes, which were now glowing.  "My name is Naomi Lee Lewis.  Are you Christian's girlfriend or something?"  the new wolf-girl was bustling with nervous energy as she questioned her new packmate and elder.
Elise snorted at the thought.  "I'm his sister.  Do you know how to change?  You need to meet your new family."  Elise wondered how they would react.
"I think I can." Quicker than Elise had expected, Naomi transitioned into a small and lean wolf with a deep russet coat that matched her red gold hair. 
Elise changed herself and felt the familiar comfort of the spirit of her soul wrapping itself around her, providing relief and transforming her into an exact replica of her twin brother, only slightly more graceful.  Elise broke into a swift run, hoping Naomi had the sense to follow close behind.  She couldn't help but notice the heart-broken howl of a girl who has left everything she knew for the love and devotion of a single soul; her brother's.  And how familiar that howl sounded.

© 2012 Allyson Wolfe


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your writing is very good and I found no real fault with it. The subject is extremely popular these days, so you should have plenty of readers.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Allyson Wolfe

11 Years Ago

Thank you!
The start of this peice was so striking and engaging. I just had to keep reading and before i knew it i had read the whole thing! I love the use of a brother sister realtionship, a unique and interesting twist. And personally i love a story with a good werewolf or two! I hope you expand on this because i will definatley read it! Well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Allyson Wolfe

11 Years Ago

Thank you! I was thinking of expanding it! I like the story line for sure. I will shoot you a mess.. read more
Wild stuff! Well written.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Allyson Wolfe

11 Years Ago

Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 21, 2012
Last Updated on August 21, 2012

Author

Allyson Wolfe
Allyson Wolfe

About
I am an 18 year old English major in University and love life's greatest experiences! I try to connect my writing with personal issues/experiences but often find myself straying away from my first i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


On the Road On the Road

A Poem by Diane


Gasoline Gasoline

A Poem by Muse