Realizations

Realizations

A Poem by Kasey Jones

Feeling numb, I watched the clock, 
Heard the measured beats, the tick tock.
I waited days for five minutes to pass.
A cloudy haze veiled my mind, a clear thought came last.
It echoed through my waiting mind, sounding so divine.
It broke down locked doors, challenged reality.
I heard the voice of reason, this is what it said to me.
"What are you afraid of? Not sure what you've been waiting for?
Don't let nightmares haunt your daydreams,
And remember where you came from."
I took this advice to heart, prepared myself for a new start.
Stopped waiting for the wind to fade, for the waters to part.
I started paving my own way through the crowd.
I silenced the alarms that were ringing loud.
I heard this before, now I know it's true.
"Listen to many, speak to few."

© 2010 Kasey Jones


Author's Note

Kasey Jones
The last line is a William Shakespeare quote.
The first line popped into my head, and I thought maybe I'd write a story based off of it. Then, my pen wrote this....
Rate and review, please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is fantastic, both the poem and the message, and using Will in the end is a stroke of genius. It flowed well, rhymed well and hits on one of the miracles of existence, the fact that when you are happy with yourself and you can make the past the past and like yourself for who and what you are....everything else will come.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hello again Kasey,

I have come to many realizations in my time, I am sure none of them good, but you have me pondering. What am I afraid of? Sure there are the little things like mice. Scared absolutely shitless of mice, weird phobia from childhood. I see a mouse and its all over for me. Full blown panick attack, but I don't think this poem is exactly speaking of phobias. Although now that I am thinking of mice all I can picture is being in a hole with some lunatic dropping the little b******s in one by one.

Now that you have completely ruined my train of thought....thanks Kasey. No really, thanks. I have to try and salvage what I was saying. I like the message, the word use was well done, it flowed but that doesn't seem to be the importance here. The importance here seems to be self confidence. Well done Kasey Jones.

Always,

Matthew

Posted 13 Years Ago


The combination of the rhyme scheme - the flow - the ending line.. terrific poem. I loved it. It flowed like a song, and I could feel a rhythm in my head as I read it. The last line sums it up.
Always remember to keep your head high and don't let life get you down.
Great poem :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is really good. A great rhyme scheme, and excellent fluency. Nice jpob!!

-Will

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow ya this is sooo very amazing :D the rhyme is good and it flows nicely. very very good :) and the end line is great!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is fantastic, both the poem and the message, and using Will in the end is a stroke of genius. It flowed well, rhymed well and hits on one of the miracles of existence, the fact that when you are happy with yourself and you can make the past the past and like yourself for who and what you are....everything else will come.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Whoa. It's like a rhythm in my head. Almost like song lyrics. The tie in to Shakespeare is phenomenal. He is one of literature's most brilliant minds. This is verse at its best, no criticism.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

really good poem. Definately one of, if not, your best

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good job. Amazing rhyme. But ugh... I hate Shakespeare... he depresses me because I never understand what he's saying... whatever. Good job anyway...

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 1, 2010
Last Updated on August 2, 2010

Author

Kasey Jones
Kasey Jones

The Armpit Of Massachusetts, MA



About
Just read my stuff to get to know me. This is one of my favorite music videos, and songs. It can be creepy, but it must have been SO fun to film. The "How could it ha.. more..

Writing
Sunset Sunset

A Story by Kasey Jones



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Black Widow Black Widow

A Poem by Doreen