Sweet Dreams

Sweet Dreams

A Chapter by Amber Tasch
"

this is all about a dream that buttercup is having.

"

    

Chapter Six: Sweet Dreams

Buttercup awoke in the sweet grass fields. She could tell that she was dreaming because her advisor was laying beside her. The sky was no longer dull like it had been when she was awake, it was bright now. Everything was bright. They lay there a little while with the sweet smell of sugar hanging above them.

    Suddenly she sat up right. If she was dreaming, then why had nothing turned bad yet?

    "Well," her advisor spoke, "it's your dream. If you want it to be bad, make it bad."

    "But why would I do that?"

    "Well, you do it every night don't you?"

    "I suppose but...wait why are you here? I wouldn't dream of you, I should be dreaming of the war and a solution to my problems with controlling the masses."

    Suddenly they where in the village surrounded by candy, gram-cracker, and fire from all the destroyed houses.  The air was thick with smoke and the sky was blood red. People were now with the soldiers from the Land of Sweets and trying to get into the palace. Buttercup was not surprised by what she saw.

   "Why are you not surprised?"

   "Because," she said simply," I am asleep and dreaming. My mind is paranoid and this will never happen."

   Her advisor sighed and shook his head. "I do not know where I went wrong."

   "Wrong? You are dead silly man and you speak in riddles!"

   "You, who I have raised, are corrupt. I tried to raise you nicely but I suppose I failed. I wish that I had not been killed."

   Buttercup was shocked now. "Killed?! I was not informed of this! Surely some infliction would have shown on your corpse!"

   "Poison does not show."

   Buttercup was suddenly in her room again, but not yet awake. She felt as if she was falling down a hole, trying to stop herself by grabbing hold od the sides, but the sides were smooth.

   "Who?! Who killed you?!"

    Her advisor smiled and slowly faded into nothing but a sweet memory. Buttercup just figured it was her paranoid brain again. It would make sense because she made everything else in her dream, why not come up with some theory to deny her advisor's untimely death.

   She awoke in a sweat to find that she had been crying in her sleep. She quickly wiped her eyes and went to the window. It was still dark so why was she awake? She scanned the horizon to see a moving outline on the candy hills. Alarms sounded just then and the archers got ready to fire. Buttercup got dressed quickly and headed down to the wall. The villagers rushed past her as the tried to get to the palace before being caught in the cross fire.

    Knowing that she would be hailed by the prince of cupcakes she stood in full sight of the enemies army. He rod forward on his magnificent horse and smiled to Buttercup.

    He cupped his hands over his mouth and called up to her. "This, is your last chance! Marry me, or watch your people perish."

    Buttercup raised her head up high. "Soldiers, keep your positions! Today we are insulted by the Land of Sweets, and we shall make them pay!"

    Her army cheered and the prince's face fell solemn.

    "I hate to do this Buttercup." He shouted. Then his voice fell to a whisper, "but I have to."

 



© 2011 Amber Tasch


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh wow. I had an odd feeling he had been killed, at first, but then when everything went on normally for a few chapters I thought it was just a regular death once again. But nope. he was killed. And I don't blame him for having such regrets on raising her, either.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Such suspense. I wonder, does Buttercup have a mysterious power of bringing the dead into her dreams? And in fact, what HAS happened to William? Will she ever see him again? Will the kingdom fall? Intriguing story, and so interesting.........It makes the reader want to read more and more. Well Done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


great job! i love how it leaves you wanting more at the end. cant wait to read the next chapter!

Posted 13 Years Ago


talk about pressure lol anyways i should have told you this before but i love the name buttercup its aazing lol loved it great job :D

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

558 Views
4 Reviews
Added on March 24, 2011
Last Updated on April 16, 2011
Tags: land, candy, corruption, sweet, lollipop, buttercup, chocolate


Author

Amber Tasch
Amber Tasch

Not in one!, RI



About
i would rather draw but my friends wanted me to get one of these look me up at [email protected] more..

Writing
CxR CxR

A Story by Amber Tasch