Strawberry Syrup

Strawberry Syrup

A Chapter by Amber Tasch
"

im starting to think you dont like this anymore

"

     

Chapter eight: Strawberry Syrup

 

She had no clue what exactly she was doing but she knew that the army was now battling around her. Candy soldiers around her being slain left and right. She still held the candy sword at the prince's throat.

    "Let William go!" Buttercup shouted to the tart guards. "I swear I'll kill him!"

   "Ha! You murder me? You are no killer Buttercup, no, that would be me!"

    Buttercup slapped him with her free hand. "Yes you are! You are a murderer of man! A murderer of whole lands! You are a terrible prince from a terrible land that is obsessed with power!!"

    "I have murdered more than just man. For example, when my father didn't get the arranged marriage between us, I killed your parents."

    This was more than Buttercup could take. With all the soldiers around her she plunged the sugar sword into the cupcake prince's throat. It went in with ease and sent a spray of strawberry syrup on her silken pink dress. The tart guards rushed her and grabbed her arms. As hard as she tried she could not escape them. William lay on the ground now. He reached out in the direction that Buttercup was being dragged.

   "Let...her...go!" He tried to drag himself closer but was engulfed by the bloodshed around him.

    When Buttercup woke up she was in a room made of bread.

   "The castle of Sweets." She breathed. She got up and noticed the blood all over her. She ran to the window to throw up and realized that she could see the Land of Candy. It was covered in flames and was crumbling as easily as a sugar cube in your hand. She gasped and backed away from the remains of her land. She backed right into a man made of cake with butter-cream hair.

   "Buttercup! My how you've grown!" The King of Sweets said, grabbing her hand. "You would have been so beautiful next to me late son."

    "You mad man! Murderer!" Buttercup screamed at him as loudly as she could.

    "No one can hear you my dear. You see, everyone is in battle."

   "What do you plan to do?"

   "Well," He smiled the same crazed smile as his son, "I intend to take your land, slaughter your people, and MAKE YOU PAY FOR TAKING MY SON'S LIFE!" He slapped he across she face, sending her to the ground. She put her hand to the red mark on her cheek.

   He unsheathed his rapier and pointed it at her throat. She stared helplessly at the shine of the pointed blade, her doom. He lunged at her but she rolled to her right. Buttercup stood up right. She began to edge towards the window.

   "And what if I willingly give my land to you?" She asked to buy time.

  "It doesn't matter, my army is already winning."

  "Well, then, lets say what would happen if they weren't."

  "You would still die."

  "Not today!" Buttercup shouted then jumped out the window. She did not know how high up she was and she did not know what was at the bottom of the castle but she knew it was her only way out. Fearing what was there when she looked down, she simply tried to find out by dragging up old memories of the castle. She remembered just as she plunged into the murky depths of their icing moat.

    Gasping she pulled herself up onto the bank. She was shivering violently but ran towards her land with determination. She wanted to see if William, the nobody who tried to stand up for her, was ok. She wanted to see if she was winning the war. Most of all though, she wanted to see if her title of princess was secure. She ran to the gates, now just splintered and broken gram-cracker. The village inside was in ruins as the men all slaughtered the opposing side. Buttercup tried desperately to remember where she had been when she killed the prince but could not. Perhaps he had fled to the safety of the back garden like the other villagers.

    With her remaining strength she dodged the brawlers and went into the garden.

 



© 2011 Amber Tasch


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's terrible that after all of that, she still wanted to just make sure her title was safe. Wow.
I kind of wanted her to marry the prince just so she could suffer for being so self centered >.

Posted 12 Years Ago


What an interesting twist. With the prince dead, however, will the war ever end? It seems as though the war will ruin both kingdoms not just the land of the prince. Great Read and Excellent work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


omg, this is awesome! i can't believe the prince would stoop so low to marry buttercup by killing her parents. great work :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

392 Views
3 Reviews
Added on March 26, 2011
Last Updated on April 16, 2011
Tags: Land, of, candy, death, princess, sweets, book, sweet, confection, liccourice, strawberry syrup


Author

Amber Tasch
Amber Tasch

Not in one!, RI



About
i would rather draw but my friends wanted me to get one of these look me up at [email protected] more..

Writing
CxR CxR

A Story by Amber Tasch