The Fallujah Curse

The Fallujah Curse

A Story by Neelam
"

The young generation of Fallujah and Basra , Iraq are accursed with birth abnormalities.

"
   The newborns of Fallujah , Iraq are besieged by horror of physical deformities. Babies are born into hideous form , much to the grief of the mothers. It has been 14 years since U.S. invaded Iraq to oust Saddam Hussein's administration but the future generations of Iraq are still paying hefty price for the unscrupulous war crimes against them.
   The infant mortality and deformities is caused by irradiation borne by the Iraqi civilians. The U.S. Troop launched depleted uranium shells , literally a radioactive agents to fight the insurgents , which sent debris to adjacent areas once the buildings had blasted off. Iraqi cities like Fallujah and Basra records the highest cancer rates and birth defects , caused by unusually toxic environment. The tissue samples from men and women from those cities revealed a high density of lead , mercury , titanium and magnesium . These heavy metals are direct cause of cancer. The U.S. forces deployed the forbidden white phosphorus bomb against the Iraqi insurgents , which sent many into the graveyard in an instance. Others are incinerated alive.
    The babies are reported to be born without head or with two heads , a single eye in the forehead , scaly bodies or missing limbs. Some babies are having the internal organs formed outside of the body , sending shivers of anguish to the doctors. Men and women are diagnosed with leukemia at staggering high rate. Genetic disorders , caused by mutations of the genome (radioactive particles destroy the genes) are similar to those observed from the survivors of Hiroshima-Nagasaki nuclear carnage.
   What has happened to Fallujah is a crime against humanity , it is a war crime. Do you think nuclear weapons could bring peace and democracy to the Middle East ? How is it possible that you can create a new world order when half of its inhabitants are wiped out by mass extinction , albeit via genetically impaired humans facing certain death? How much more injustice should they face if they are to be "liberated" by the West???

SOURCES :
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4440664.stm
https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2014/10/13/fall-o13.html
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/earth-insight/2013/oct/13/world-health-organisation-iraq-war-depleted-uranium
https://www.democracynow.org/2013/3/20/ten_years_later_us_has_left

© 2017 Neelam


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on September 24, 2017
Last Updated on September 24, 2017
Tags: War Crimes

Author

Neelam
Neelam

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia



About
I'm a graduate student of political science , blogger , poet and music lover. more..

Writing
Paradox Paradox

A Story by Neelam


Borderless Borderless

A Poem by Neelam


The Sublime War The Sublime War

A Story by Neelam