Daisy chains and dots

Daisy chains and dots

A Poem by The Flawed

As you watch the seconds pass you by, skipping, singing nursery rhymes and making faces at you,

Holding hand like daisy chains, making up this thing that is time,

Connecting all the little dots that join the past to the present, the present to the unknown, and the unknown to death,

As you sit and watch, and wish that things were different,

As you stand and stare, and wish they could change,

As you lie together and close your eyes, and wish it would stay the same, just like this, forever, and ever,

As you look back and wish for the whole lot to return, all of it, the good the bad, the dots and the daisies.

That’s when you realise that whishing doesn’t make it so,

So you look ahead,

But no more dots.

© 2010 The Flawed


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really like this one, and I'm not really sure why. If I analyze it, I get a bit confused by your use of double metaphor, and there's something about the dot metaphor that doesn't sit quite right, but when I read it as a whole it's just amazing.
Maybe I just connect to the subject - things cannot be undone, no matter how hard we try. We just need to learn to live with our choice, whether we see them as good or bad, because who knows - maybe a "bad" choice might somehow lead to better outcomes than we thought.
Added to my favorites for a rainy day.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I liked this piece alot ,many people get stuck or fixated on the past and present. The also don't realize they have no control of the uknown. For me this write was about acceptance and about looking ahead .

Posted 13 Years Ago


I see it as you are trying to hold on to your childhood as much as you can while you get older. As the year pass things are not as simple as flowers and games. I liked it a lot! Keep writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
X
memoirs to dots and daisies is an interesting thought, nice way of putting this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Amir, I liked this piece a lot...It is very intense and deep..
It is among those few poems which has a story of its own and as soon as you read its till the end, you realize what the story and the poem is all about..
Very well penned!

Posted 13 Years Ago


i smell regrets, and an approaching end, this is quite sad, and barely hopeful, which makes me hope it isn't quite your reality *think*
i do love the style, :)
~L

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really like this one, and I'm not really sure why. If I analyze it, I get a bit confused by your use of double metaphor, and there's something about the dot metaphor that doesn't sit quite right, but when I read it as a whole it's just amazing.
Maybe I just connect to the subject - things cannot be undone, no matter how hard we try. We just need to learn to live with our choice, whether we see them as good or bad, because who knows - maybe a "bad" choice might somehow lead to better outcomes than we thought.
Added to my favorites for a rainy day.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

641 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 15, 2010
Last Updated on May 15, 2010

Author

The Flawed
The Flawed

Nearby



About
I am a man who loves writing poetry, and find it the easiest way of expressing how I feel, particularly when I don�t like to talk about these �feelings�. I cannot .. more..

Writing
Twirled Twirled

A Poem by The Flawed


Deja vu Deja vu

A Poem by The Flawed



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..