Advancement in agriculture since the last three centuries

Advancement in agriculture since the last three centuries

A Story by Tomiwa

ADVANCEMENT IN AGRICULTURE IN NIGERIA SINCE THE LAST THREE CENTURIES

Agriculture is known as the act of food production which involve a farmer cultivating the soil or rearing of animals.Advancement was really welcome in the agriculture sector especially immediately after 1960.One of the area affected with advancement is the method of farming.Early farmers practice shifting cultivation which involve leaving a cultivated land to fallow for some couple of years and cultivate again,after which the soil nutrients must have been restored.The need for advancement came as the demand for land increased every farmer began to look for means to enhance his production and maintain his limited land.Crop rotation was introduced by early scientists,which involve growing of certain number of crops for a particular period of time.Another set of different crops are cultivated on the same land.It helps farmers have variety of produce all the year roundand maximize limited resources. Crop rotation was really an advancement.
For-farmers cultivated mainly grains like:millet,sorghum,wheat.Most of which serve as cash crop as source of income for the nation the contry GDP depended on it.It takes more years to grow, and are not easy to cultivate.To curb these problems was the invention of better varieties of crops,they are resistant to desease,pest inbasion and have short life span which boost the production of crop within a short time.This improvement in turn increased the nation`s GDP and boost her economy.
Agriculture has now been inculcated into the education system to give room for research and enhance farming.Farmers also get new method of farming,these have tremendously improved agriculture.Old system of farming are now rarely practiced.
All these have really proved that as long as man live agriculture will continue to experience ADVANCEMENT

© 2014 Tomiwa


Author's Note

Tomiwa
pls correct anything 'suspicious'

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

thanks man...I can't believe you read all that within a short time...

Posted 9 Years Ago


A very useful write. Bravo............

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 31, 2014
Last Updated on August 31, 2014

Author

Tomiwa
Tomiwa

north central, Nigeria



About
Am an undergraduate,I just got interested in writing. my works will probably be full of mistakes,so pls kindly correct and nurture me.thanks more..

Writing