REVOLUTION OF ROAD TRANSPORTATION

REVOLUTION OF ROAD TRANSPORTATION

A Story by Tomiwa

REVOLUTION OF ROAD TRANSPORTATION
Road transportation kicked off with the need for man to move from one location to another.Animals were later used,aimals like camel horse cattle.Some are used to drive waggon and carriage which are used to carry produced goods to market for sale.The need for a better means of transport arose,when the demand for the transportation is large goods arose.Men combined horses camels or donkeys to ,make heavy waggon majorly to carry farm produce.
Other better means invented was,the bicycle and the rail.The rail was the most effective because it can convey large commodities at a time and relatively fast.Railways were constructed to link the most important or the commercial area/region.Coal was the main fuel used to drive trains from its invention so,the demand for coal increased and in turn caused hike in the price of coal.
Early scientists that took interest in road construction and its maintenance are: Thomas Telfnd,John Metcafe(blind). Turnpikes called (toll gates) were formerly initiated,there main assignment is to collect dues from commuters which are used to maintain roads with the help of revenue generated.Tougher and better roads were made,bridges were also constructed by Thomas a canal engineer in different variety
The invention of motor cars which are driven by petrol made road transportation easier and convenient.The improvement in both means of construction of roads owes to technology today.Better roads are being made,and cars has now become the major means of transportation throghout the world.

© 2014 Tomiwa


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

753 Views
Added on August 31, 2014
Last Updated on August 31, 2014

Author

Tomiwa
Tomiwa

north central, Nigeria



About
Am an undergraduate,I just got interested in writing. my works will probably be full of mistakes,so pls kindly correct and nurture me.thanks more..

Writing