Naruto Shippudden: New Eyes Ch.1 Reunion

Naruto Shippudden: New Eyes Ch.1 Reunion

A Story by Anarchy
"

The Naruto saga told through ''New eyes''. A rogue Uchiha, and prideful Uzumaki join sides to help their village the leaf, going through normal teenage girl problems in the early ages of Ninja.

"

Naruto Shippuden: New Eyes

Chapter 1: Reunion

 

3rd’s POV

“Do you think you can do it?” Danzó asked his hands folded and resting under his chin as he stared at a long blonde haired girl, her hair styled in a long ponytail that stopped at her butt. Wearing a black Konohagakure ANBU outfit waiting for a reply.

She nodded looking over the paper and looked back at him.

“Yes, I can easily sir…” he nodded with a small smile.

“You sure? I mean this is going after that Uchiha, I’m sure I can get someone else to do it if you want…” he said she shook her head.

“No! Please sir, I can do this…” she said looking him at him with her bright blue orbs he sighed but smirked taking the paper.

“I see you are determined to find out more information on that Uchiha boy, you must really care for him if you are going after him…” he said the girl seemed a bit angered but there was a slight hint of sadness overwhelming her.

“Well then, you best be on your way then Good luck…” he said she nodded with a small smile.

 “Thank you sir!” she said taking a bow and then putting on a white mask that resembled a fox with red stripes as the whiskers. She then left the room, the man smiled as the door was closed leaving him alone in the dimmed room that was only lit by the candles.

“Good luck indeed…Shinada Uzumaki…” he mumbled picking the paper back up and staring at it to reveal a picture of Itachi Uchiha.

 

Shinada’s POV

It had been a few days since my assignment and I had got word from passing through villages of a man with black hair wearing a black cloak with red clouds and red eyes and it led me to here.

It’s been so long, 3 long years to be exact and I’ve trained myself well, by taking time working with Jiraya, Lady Tsunade, Kakashi Sensei, and Yozora Sensei and now I’ve been accepted to the ANBU and I’ve been successful trying to find any information on Orochimaru and Sasuke, after that promise I made to my team that I’d come back with some information on both Orochimaru’s and Sasuke’s whereabouts until my next return and this was my chance, if I question Itachi I might just get something from him. But I shouldn’t get my hopes high and try to get info from him, considering that he could try to kill me.

I spotted him in a secluded area, but he wasn’t alone there was another person with him not his partner I remember seeing when I first met Itachi but instead looked more feminine, but I really couldn’t tell due to the smaller figure wearing a long hooded Akatsuki cloak. ‘Who is this?’ I thought ‘Perhaps a new Akatsuki member?’ I thought hiding behind a tree and quietly watching making sure to not make a sound, even lowering the sound of my breathing. I tried to listen to the conversation but I was far away and the wind was picking up, I growled lowly ‘Damn, can’t hear a word their saying…’ I thought glaring a bit down at them high in the tree. From what I could see was the girl’s back and a bit of her mouth moving looking a bit cautious, Itachi tried to calm her down looking as if he was ensuring her something. I assumed that it was safety perhaps, she nodded and they hugged and he gave her a light kiss on the forehead, seconds later she left. ‘Hm, interesting…’ I thought watching in the direction the girl had left in.

“You can come out now, I know your there…” Itachi called out, I sighed but smiled as I jumped down from the tree and appeared in front of him just a few feet away from him. “Now, who is under that mask?” he asked I smirked under the mask and revealed myself he looked a bit surprised but went back to his cold, emotionless stare.

“So who was that?” I asked

“It’s been awhile no? How long has it been?” he asked I frowned at him ignoring my question but held my composer

“It’s been about 3 years since you last saw of me, Uchiha Itachi” I said staring him down

“So why have you came? Interested in me now?” he asked

“Don’t flatter yourself! I came to you merely for information...” I said giving him a small glare he said nothing but continued to stare at me I sighed “Fine, you want to play hard, I’ll play hard, how about I go and find that girl and get answers out of her?” he flinched a bit making me smirk “Who is she? You never did answer my first question Itachi…A lover?” I ask he smirks

“You will find out yourself, she is headed to the leaf village” he says my eyes lower “Why?” I ask pulling out my Sword thinking she might be undercover and try something on our village, what if it was a planned attack to bring the leaf village to its knees?

“Like I said, you will find out soon enough…” I glare at him ‘He’s toying with me…’ I thought

“And what exactly do you want information on?” he asks

“Like you’ll tell me that easily?” I ask

“Depends, what do you want to know?” he asks taking a step closer

“Orochimaru, where is he now?” I ask he slightly tilts his head

“Orochimaru? And why do you want to know about him?” he asks I say nothing, he chuckles “Oh, you want to know where my brother is don’t you? Are you really that attached to him?” he asks I growl tightening my grip on my Sword

“Shut up!” I yell

“Well sadly, I have no clue where my brother is, so I can’t help you out Shinada” I felt a bit upset; I lost my chance of finding out where he was. He must have seen it on my face

“But I’m sure if you find Kabuto, you will get information on his whereabouts, I heard word of him snooping around the Akatsuki a lot lately, so you might want to keep an eye out…” he said turning away I stood there shocked ‘W-What? Did he just help me?!’ I thought completely surprised

“W-Wait!” I yelled he stopped walking and slightly turned his head to me waiting for me to continue on.

“W-Why are you helping me?!” I asked I could feel him smile

“Because you and I want the same thing for Sasuke…” he said and walked away. I stood there stunned as I fell to my knees dropping my sword as my hands gripped the soft grass tightly ‘what does he mean by that?! What do I want for Sasuke? I don’t even know…’

Yozora’s POV

I felt a change in the wind, something was going to change here in Kohana and it was going to change history

“Who has came to Kohana?” I asked myself out loud with a small smirk as the wind blew my long hair out of my face, I then noticed team 7 walking and talking about, they have reunited once again I smiled reminiscing, team 7 was just like my old team, Naruto reminded me so much of Obito, Sakura like Rin, Sasuke too much like Kakashi and Shinada like myself. I missed Sasuke but there really wasn’t anything I could do but wait until he sees what is right and stop living in the past and live now. I won’t ever forget that news I heard that my entire family was killed, I know why they were killed and it pained me, but I wasn’t going to let that past my judgment of the world, sadly it made Sasuke into what he is today, so much hurt clouded his mind and thinking it was all Itachi’s fault, but in reality it wasn’t.

I pulled my hair into a ponytail and jumped down from the building I stood on to land gracefully on the ground in front of team 7.

 ‘’Hello Team 7, how is your reunion?” I asked Naruto made a goofy smile making me smile, oh how he reminded me of my dead brother.

“Hey ya Yozora Sensei!” he said

“Hello, Ms. Yozora sensei” Sakura said with a bow Kakashi gave me a small nod

“Hello, everyone, where is Shinada? I haven’t seen her…” I muttered they shrugged

“We haven’t seen her either…”Naruto mumbled looking a bit bummed I smirked

“I’m sure she’ll come home sometime soon, she is in the ANBU it takes long hours of your day…” I said sighing thinking about my situation as well, being a corpse hunter Nin, and how annoying and hard the job can be.

 “Oh, yes I see you have yourself a free day?” Kakashi asks eyes never leaving his stupid cursed book, it angered me so much, he knew how much I hated that stupid book yet he still read it. I growled making my way in front of him with a glare; he looked up from his book, confused.

“Still reading that thing huh?” I asked but I noticed that it was a completely new book but from the same series he slowly nodded I could see the nervous smile under that mask along with a nervous laugh as he rubbed the back of his head I smiled a fake threatening smile “Oh? Really….how…” I started, he jolted as he saw an evil aura surround me “…Wonderful...” I say my voice becoming a bit demonic

“W-Wait let me explain! I-It was a present from Naruto!” I then punched him square in the head giving him a huge bump on his head. I sighed turning away from him with arms crossed

“…Pervert, really who buys that crap?!” I muttered. The teens smiled nervously laughing not knowing what to do, but I could read their minds, Naruto was probably scared and thought that I was going to hit him next, while Sakura was probably thinking that Kakashi deserved it…which he did. We were stopped when a figure wearing an Akatsuki cloak stood in front of us, my eyes widen and a gasp escaped my mouth when I noticed who stood in front of me. ‘There is no way…’ I thought.

 

Girl Akatsuki POV

 

When Itachi sent me to the Leaf village, was it blind faith that I didn’t question why he’s sending me there? To a village that has branded him and Sasuke traitors that I didn’t think that I’m wearing Itachi’s old Akatsuki coat that they might see me as an enemy.

What was I thinking, coming here…

 

As I came up to the leaf village wall I watched the guards that were just inside the gate. They seemed genuinely relaxed. Must be an easy life as a guard…

The village looked peaceful, as I stood on a tree branch overlooking the entire village. I saw a man with white hair and another with blonde enter the village.

I stayed there on the tree tops for a while, watching where I could slink into the village and not cause an uproar.

“Remember, you must locate Yozora of the Uchiha Clan. She will vouch for you.” Itachi’s voice rang through my head.

“Sharingan!” I said softly, I could feel my eyes change. The pain right before the power I could feel from the Sharingan allowing me to see other’s movements throughout the village. Itachi told me my eyes are different from other Sharingan’s. It was because I could see the chakra flows of everyone within 15 miles around me, and locate a certain person within seconds. My Sharingan has qualities of the infamous Byakugan, although not as in depth. I am only able to see the surround areas of things that are filled with chakra, bugs, animals and plants even though they have almost close to no chakra; I am still able to see them.

I saw the chakra of everyone in the village, I couldn’t explain to someone who doesn’t have Sharingan how I’m able to distinguish from each other person and know which clan they’re from. After a few moments of searching each person to see if they were Yozora, I found her. I recognized one of the chakras by her; it was the same as before, the blonde boy who had entered the village not long ago.

I jumped from the tree branch, onto the giant wall, watching the eyes of those around me, allowing me to avoid being seen. My feet making no sound as I jumped from building to building. The sun was setting in the west giving the village a golden glow, which made it seem almost on fire. Ramen filled the air as I jumped above a Raman restaurant. I kept getting closer to Yozora; I was going towards the giant stone heads. That’s when I saw the people surrounding Yozora, a girl no older than me with bright pink hair, the blonde boy who had an obnoxious grin on his face, a different man with white hair; he had a mask on that covered his face, he had a book in one hand and was rubbing his head with his other. And there was Yozora, one of the last of the Uchiha clan her long black hair was tied up into a ponytail, she had on a grey coat that was draped around her at the moment, her arms were hidden but they seemed to be crossed. She had her head tilted up away from the white haired man. The pink haired girl and blonde boy were laughing.

I stood there for a moment, were these the people that Itachi had told me about? A whole bunch of laughing buffoons?

 

It had been many moments before they realized I was there. Yozora saw me first: her look was one of curiosity, to fear and then to shock. I’ve seen how Itachi’s coat and hood makes me look, my face is hidden my shadow, and all that can really be seen are my eyes. My bright red Sharingan eyes.

Yozora was just in shock she brought her hand up to her mouth and watched me. The white haired man immediately jumped into action, he threw kunai at me I dodged, he lifted up his headband which covered one of his eyes, and it was a Sharingan eye. He then advanced to attack me using Taijutsu. I blocked, counter-attacking it push him away but not to hurt him. He wasn’t able to get a single hit on me.

“Yozora get Naruto and Sakura away from here! Tell Tsunade that the Akatsuki are attacking!” the man yelled. Yozora did nothing, she just continued to look at me, it seemed like she knew me. Is that why Itachi said she would stand up for me?

“Keep your hood up, no one can know who you are at the beginning. If they see your face they will realize who you are.” Itachi’s voice rang throw my head as the white haired man swung and pulled on my hood, moving it so part of my face was visible. I jumped back, pulling my hood back to how it was. That’s when I heard the sound of many birds chirping at once, a bright light was coming from the white haired man and he was running towards me. I saw what was about to happen, I had no way of moving. No way of blocking. Sorry Itachi…guess I failed you after all…

 

That’s when a dark figure put themselves between me and the white haired man their arms were wide. “Kakashi, stop it now!” Yozora yelled. He stopped, and I heard the Chidori being unleashed upon the ground.

 “Yozora what are you thinking?! The person is part of the Akatsuki! They’re here to get Naruto! Why are you defending him!” the man named Kakashi yelled.

“Because:” Yozora yelled back “this is one of the last remaining members of my clan. I recognize who this person is. They are not a member of the Akatsuki, although I’m not quite sure how they got this coat. They are not a threat to us.”

“How can you be so sure?”

“Trust me Kakashi, I just know.” She turned around and looked at me. “You can trust me.” She told me as she smiled.

I looked at her uneasily; no one smiled at me besides Itachi.

“I was told you would stand up for me.” I told her, my voice seeming to ring in the silence. The blonde boy, Naruto was looking at me weirdly. “And I was told to tell you I am no threat. All I ask is that I talk with your Hokage.”

“Who orders you around?” Yozora asked me.

I said nothing, instead I simply looked down. My Sharingan was still active, I could see Kakashi still tensed ready to attack once more. The pink haired girl; Sakura was tensed as well, her fists flowing with Chakra. Wouldn’t want to get hit with that…

The boy however was incredibly relaxed; he had a massive amount of chakra flowing through him, and at the center of his stomach could only be described as a cork plugging up a dam of power.

Yozora was different, she was tense like she was stressed but she wasn’t getting ready for a battle.

“Fine, I’ll take you to Lady Tsunade.” Yozora said. “Kakashi, bring Sakura and Naruto. I’ll meet you there.” Yozora grabbed my sleeve and jumped towards the Hokage’s building.

“I know who you are…” Yozora said. “Itachi sent me one of his crows, with a picture of you and that I need to keep an eye out for you. Do you know why he sent you here?”

“To help the Leaf Village” I told her.

“And that’s the only reason?” She asked me. I did not answer her. She sighed. “Fine, I understand why you want to keep it a secret. After all, being the sister of both of them…I can understand why you’re being precautious.” I nodded. “What will you do if the Hokage has you thrown out of the village.”

“I’ll go back to him, and then we’ll keep searching on our own.” I told her.

“So not even Itachi can find him huh?”

“We have someone who we’re giving clues to.” That’s when our feet touched the top of the Hokage’s building.

“Come on. It’s this way…” Yozora said waving me towards the door.

We walked through the door down through the hallways, and she opened the double doors.

The first thing I saw was the pig. A pig with pearls around its neck was standing on top of the desk where a busty blonde woman was sitting, this must be Lady Tsunade. The pig was on its hind legs balancing a pole on its nose, on that pole was a huge number of plates and bottles of Sake.

Lady Tsunade was clapping, and her assistant was rubbing her temples as if she had a headache.

Yozora slammed the doors open making the pig drop all of the plates and bottles. Tsunade jumped and fell out of her chair backwards. “Y-Yozora! What the hell do you think you’re doing!?” Tsunade said as she got up, one arm pulling herself up on her desk. Her eyes were only on Yozora, the pig had fallen on its back, and it was drooling. Her assistant was staring at me. Fear was drawn across her face. Yozora saw this and made to step between me and the assistant.

“Shizune, let me explain.” Yozora said her hands were up. Tsunade, now standing and grabbing her green coat from the back of her chair finally saw me as well. She went from a blubbering drunk to an angry and focused warrior in a moment. Her hand was on the back of the chair and she then threw the chair at me.

I saw this, and once the chair hit me I exploded in a mass of crows, the crows landed in the same place as I was before. Yozora was pleading with Tsunade to stop throwing things at me, all of them she missed me by quite a distance. This was when the door exploded open and the same trio that had been with Yozora before came into the room, as well as a man with long white hair. He had a look to him that I didn’t like, he was…creepy. Two elders came in as well. All of the newly arrived members of the leaf village looked ready to fight me once again.

Only one way to stop all of this I suppose.

I took a deep breath and unzipped the coat and pushed the hood of it off. The coat fell to the floor and there I stood. Everyone was just watching me. My long black hair that went to the middle of my back, and the bangs that after looking at a picture of Sasuke were almost exactly alike, blew out behind me becoming their normal mess. I had on the grey weave that provided armor. I wore it as a shirt and shorts as well as knee guards. I had on the simple black shoes. And I had a light black sleeveless almost a short dress over the grey weave, the collar of it was up and it was in a V neck. It only went down to the middle of my thighs, the weave just a little below that, it was up on one side because of the equipment pouch that I had on my right thigh. I had on black gloves with a metal slide over the knuckles. I also had a light brown belt that went around my waist and a light blue on just below that. And Itachi had given me a leaf headband which I wore now; it had no scratches on it.

Please believe me.

“My name is Uchiha Yuki, I am sixteen. I have come here in order to provide my services to the Leaf Village in order to find a certain person that means a lot to me, and the Leaf.” I said, with authority. “I am a Sharingan user, and was trained by Uchiha Itachi. He has taught me everything I know for the past three years. So I know everything.” I looked at the elders. “I am not in league with the Akatsuki, Itachi-kun allowed me to borrow his coat as it was a long journey here.” I could see a strong chakra coming up the stairs and running to here. It was an ANBU ninja. “Before you make judgments on how to deal with my presence, I need to tell you something that has been the Uchiha Clans secret to carry for the past sixteen years-” The doors burst open and even though I was not looking at her I could see her, she was definitely an ANBU, she propelled herself forward and I saw the sword coming for me.

 I don’t have time for this. “-I am Uchiha Sasuke’s twin sister.” I said defiantly, staring at Lady Tsunade.

The ANBU ninja stopped just as her sword was about to hit my back; she was breathing hard. I turned my head at her; she had on a white mask with the image of a red fox face. Her blonde hair was sticking out of its ponytail. She wore a black Konohagakure ANBU outfit, behind her mask I could see her eyes, and they were bright blue. And I couldn’t read her intentions. She seemed to be in shock.

“There is no record of three children born to Fugaka Uchiha and his wife Mikoto.” The Elder woman said.

“Yet here I am.” I said, still looking at the ANBU ninja.

“Tsunade, she is obviously in league with the Akatsuki. You need to-” The Elder man said.

“I will decide what must be done.” Tsunade snapped. “Why do you say that you are Uchiha Sasuke’s twin?”

“It is rare for twins to be born into the Uchiha clan because of our Kekkei Genkai. If twins are created, we devour the other in the womb. Our Kekkei Genkai, the Sharingan creates a link between our twins. I can’t explain the link to you. I don’t fully understand it myself. But I’m able to see flashes of Sasuke’s life every time I sleep.” I told her. “That’s how I know.”

“But you’re also Uchiha Itachi’s sister correct?”

“Yes. But-” I looked at her.

I felt a hand grab the collar of my shirt, and pull me backwards, the ANBU ninja said in my ear: “Are you able to know the exact location of Sasuke?”

“No.” I said back.

“Shinada! Let her go.” Tsunade said to the ANBU ninja, Shinada let me go.

“Lady Tsunade! I recognize her from the mission I just came from. She has been in direct contact with Uchiha Itachi. She cannot be trusted. I believe her in league with the Akatsuki and a threat to Naruto.”

I stayed quiet. Did she see me with Itachi earlier today?

“Yuki has not done anything wrong! And another of the Uchiha clan on our side would benefit us, no?” Yozora said.

“Let me prove myself to you Lady Tsunade. I will not be a burden.” I said, bowing before Lady Tsunade.

She raised her eyebrow at me, “I have reached a decision…”

 

Shinada’s POV

After calming myself down I realized that I needed to get to the village as soon as possible ‘Something tells me that I can trust Itachi despite what he has done, but…I can’t allow that to mislead my judgment…’ I think putting away my sword I sigh deeply as I take out my father’s kunai I smiled ‘the only thing I have of him…’ I then remember that I had left one of my seals on one of Naruto’s kunai.

“This should allow me to get there quickly…” I mutter I close my eyes and within seconds appear in a warmer destination

“W-What the-?” I hear my brother’s voice call out I open my eyes and see Naruto on the ground as I am oddly sitting on top of him around me is Kakashi-Sensei, and Sakura all shocked I smirk under my mask and get off of Naruto dusting myself off as he got up he stared at me, like he was trying to pinpoint who exactly I was.

I shook my head with my hands on my hips

“w-who are you and how the hell did you get here?!” he asked pointing his finger at me with a small frown

“You don’t remember me? I’m hurt Naruto-Nee Chan” he as well as the others looked shocked all eyes were widen as they stared at me

“You don’t mean-“he started as his hand fell to his side I pulled off my mask

“You sure have grown, Naruto…” I said smiling brightly as my eyes closed I then felt as if I was pulled into a tight hug I quickly shot open my eyes to meet Naruto holding me close he was shaking but he was laughing I smiled and patted his back and returned the hug

“I missed you…” he whispered

 “I missed you too” I said I looked and saw Sakura and Kakashi smile I then quickly remembered why I was here in the first place as we both let go my face was written with dread “We must go to Lady Hokage at once!” I said

“We were just on our way there” Sakura said

“Good, I believe an Akatsuki member not in our bingo books has arrived to our village attempting to get info or maybe something worse…” they all looked shocked “What?” I asked as my eyes lowered

“Was it a girl?” Kakashi asked

“Yes, why? Don’t tell me…” I muttered realizing she has came before me “We need to go, now!” I said clenching my fists tight as we ran towards the building.

“How do you know her?” Naruto asked

“I was on a mission trying to get info on Sasuke’s whereabouts and I ran into her while she was talking to Itachi Uchiha, I believe they are working together somehow but…” I mutter the last part still wondering why Itachi would give me information not to mention what he told me.

“But what?” Kakashi asked sending me out of my thoughts “

Uh, nothing…” I said we finally got there I rushed inside before anyone could react they all called my name but I ignored I wasn’t going to allow any of my friends to die without a fight; the Akatsuki weren’t going to win this fight. I heard bits and pieces of talking but I rushed in I charged at her getting ready to kill her with my sword but then I heard her say

“-I am Uchiha Sasuke’s twin sister.” I stopped myself as she stared at me I was so shocked ‘That is impossible…’ I thought by now I realized Naruto and the others were in before me somehow, they might have teleported here, I had also taken notice to Jiraya who was focused on us

“There is no record of three children born to Fugaka Uchiha and his wife Mikoto.” The Elder woman Koharu said.

“Yet here I am.” She said eyes not leaving my own

“Tsunade, she is obviously in league with the Akatsuki. You need to-” The Elder man Homura said.

“I will decide what must be done.” Tsunade snapped. “Why do you say that you are Uchiha Sasuke’s twin?”

“It is rare for twins to be born into the Uchiha clan because of our Kekkei Genkai. If twins are created, we devour the other in the womb. Our Kekkei Genkai, the Sharingan creates a link between our twins. I can’t explain the link to you. I don’t fully understand it myself. But I’m able to see flashes of Sasuke’s life every time I sleep.” she said. “That’s how I know.” My eyes widen ‘She must know then!’ I thought as I clenched my fists tight

“But you’re also Uchiha Itachi’s sister correct?” Tsunade asked her

“Yes, but-“she started looking at her but I grabbed her by the collar pulling back I then leaned to her ear

“Are you able to know the exact location of Sasuke?” I asked

 “No” she said glaring up at me, my eyes lowered into a glare

“Shinada! Let her go” Tsunade commanded I sighed as I rolled my eyes and let her go.

“Lady Tsunade! I recognize her from the mission I just came from. She has been in direct contact with Uchiha Itachi. She cannot be trusted. I believe her in league with the Akatsuki and a threat to Naruto.” I yelled slightly turning away from Tsunade to the girl who stayed quiet she must have been wondering about how I knew her meeting with Itachi.

“Yuki has not done anything wrong! And another of the Uchiha clan on our side would benefit us, no?” Yozora said. I wanted to believe Yozora sensei, she did teach me a lot and not to mention helped me when my master was killed and I was left to die out on the streets of an unknown village by myself.

“Let me prove myself to you Lady Tsunade. I will not be a burden.” she said, bowing before Lady Tsunade.

She raised her eyebrow at me,

 “I have reached a decision…” I waited patiently for her reply; I needed this girl, badly. She had to have some information on Sasuke’s whereabouts; even a small speck could help me at the moment. But I still felt unsure, I can’t doubt the fact that she was with Itachi at all.

“She shall stay here with us” Tsunade said staring at the girl, who seemed relaxed Yozora sighed in relief

“Thank you lady Tsunade” she said with a smile as she looked at the girl I looked at her trying to figure her out, something told me that I could trust her but my stubbornness was getting the better of me, making me judge her.

“She will also be joining your team 7” she said with a small smile I shot my head at her

“W-WHAT!” the rest of my team yelled Tsunade only nodded

“She will be a great asset to your team, think of her as your new Sasuke just a female version” everyone nodded

“Now go along and get to know one another” she said shooing us off, we did as we were told and walked out the room, apparently Jiraya and Tsunade needed to talk about urgent news, but I knew well it was just about going out to gamble and drink.

We all stood outside the building and all eyes were on the girl, she looked a bit annoyed, confused and nervous.

 “Well, I sadly must go back on a mission to hunt a dead missing Nin, I should be back by no later than next month “The girl looked surprised maybe not wanting her to go, I understood why, Yozora Sensei was the only one who stood up for her and knows her well and for her to just up and leave after our situation would be a bit unsettling for myself. She walked to the girl “You will be fine Yuki, believe me” she said giving her a reassuring smile the girl Yuki nodded giving in, Yozora nodded and patted her shoulder “I will entrust you to Kakashi, but if he leaves I will give you to Shinada I’m sure you two will be good friends” she said I jolted ‘And how does she know?’ I thought shocked by her sudden decision “Well until next time, good luck team 7!” she said and with that disappeared before our eyes.

A sigh was made and I knew who it belonged to, we all turned to Kakashi sensei

“Sadly I can’t get to know you today, but I will try sometime this week, but business calls” he said walking away

 “W-wait! Kakashi Sensei!” Naruto and Sakura yelled I rolled my eyes knowing well he was going to do nothing but read his new book. He had left before Naruto and Sakura could do a thing.

“Aw come on! What about training?!” Naruto asked as Sakura had her hands on her hips with a small frown

“He always does this…” she muttered. I turned to them

“Well, why don’t we do as Yozora sensei asked and get to know Yuki?” I asked turning to Yuki. Naruto nodded but Sakura looked unsure

“Not to sound rude but Yozora sensei wanted you to become close with her” Sakura said I raised my eyebrow under my mask I glared at her a frown clear on my face though she couldn’t see it I'm sure she felt it. I could also feel Yuki become upset and angered by her words.

“Well I just thought we would get to know with someone who will be on our team and working with us for a while now, Sakura” I said still glaring at her through my mask, she glares back at me for a short while before Naruto coughs and attempts to stop the fighting

“So um, Yuki why don’t you tell us about yourself? How about your past?” he asked she nodded

"My father was ashamed of having twins as it was said that neither of them could ever become as powerful as they could have been so he put me into a little boat and floated me down the river. At least that's what Itachi tells me. I don't remember anything before three years ago before my brother found me, amid a burning village."  She says as she stares at her hands. "He's been training me and telling me about Sasuke ever since he found me." Everyone was quite and stared at her, I felt great empathy for her

 “I am sorry about that Yuki” she shook her head with a small smile

“No, it’s alright, I accepted it a long time ago…” there was another long silence the sky had gotten to a warm light orange for the sun was setting and the wind was blowing lightly, we had sat at a bench still by the building I sighed standing up and stretched.

“Well, I’m hungry so why don’t we all go out to eat?” I asked with a wink pointing in the direction of the ramen house Naruto smiled laughing

“Yeah! I'm starving!” he said rubbing his stomach I rolled my eyes with a smile

 “When are you not?” I asked

“I guess I can go too…” Sakura muttered I nodded and we started walking but I noticed Yuki was still sitting there I turned around

“You coming Yuki?” I asked she looked surprised

 “Uh…” she started “Come on! They have the best ramen here!” Naruto said with a smirk she was hesitant but came along. We sat there slurping down the noodles enjoying the delicious noodles until Sakura broke the silence.

“So Yuki…Do you know what type of girl Sasuke likes?” she asked with a light blush and a sly smirk on her face I rolled my eyes ‘Here we go…’ I thought slurping some more noodles down. Naruto looked a bit upset, how could she continue on hurting my brother’s feelings for someone who doesn’t love her? The girl pondered for while thinking long and hard and nodded

“From what I remember through his dreams and short memories: calm, non-eccentric, non-stalker, blonde girls. So, not girls like you." She before slurping more noodles down Sakura shocked and pissed had a hanging noodle on her mouth she broke the chopsticks in her hand making Naruto shake in fear I chuckled lightly

“Mmm, this is really good!” she said with a smile as she slurped more down  I laughed harder at the fact that she ignored Sakura’s anger. Ichiraku happened to over hear what Yuki had said

“Oh, Sasuke? I remember him!” he said with a laugh “I remember how Shinada and Sasuke would come in and always get the same thing! It was so cute to see young love!” he said laughing again I blushed lightly slamming my hand on the table

“W-we weren’t dating Ichiraku!” I yelled I could feel a death glare come from Sakura.

“Eh?! But I thought you two were!” he yelled scratching the back of his head

“You assumed wrong…” I muttered as my eyes lowered

“That’s too bad…” he said walking into the back to probably get stuff. I sighed and sat back down I could feel the stares on me

“You and Sasuke were a couple?! And you didn’t tell me?!” Naruto asked I shook my head

“We were not a couple…” I said with a low growl the blush not leaving my face

“Next time I see him, he’s getting punched in the face!” he yelled standing up clenching his fists as he grinded his teeth together Sakura growled and smacked him back of the head

“Like hell you will!” she yelled glaring down at him, she then pushed her bowl and stood up dusting herself off and huffed “I’m leaving…” she said before giving all of us glares. I’m sure Yuki and I returned them back Naruto looked upset again and I sighed

“Naruto, don’t worry about that, why don’t you go back home, I’ll meet you up later” he nodded and placed the money on the counter and left.

I turned to Yuki, and smiled “I’m sure you have nowhere to stay huh?” I asked

 She nodded “I’ll take you to the hotel next to Naruto and my house” she nodded and followed my lead. It was dark now, and the full moon was the only sources of light out, only a few people were out but it was quiet and I liked it, the breeze made it even better.

“So, how do you like it here so far?” I asked

She nodded “It seems peaceful and quiet…” I nodded

“Yeah, it’s a wonderful place to raise a family here…” I muttered there was a long silence as we reached the hotel

“Well, here it is” I said looking up at the big green and white building she nodded

“Uh, yes thank you” she said I shook my head “No, it’s alright really” I then reached in my pocket and handed her money

“There, that’ should be enough for a week, I’m sure by then Lady Tsunade will order a place for you” I said she looked at me, surprised

“I-I can’t accept this…” she said I shook my head once again

“No, go on there won’t be anywhere else for you just take it” she sighed giving in maybe knowing well that she wasn’t going to win this fight. I started to walk away

 “Wait!” she called I turned my head slightly “Thank you…” she muttered I nodded

“Good night” I replied and walked home in the cool night.

The next day

We all arrived at Lady Tsunade’s office, she sat in her chair she looked dead serious today. Her hands were folded under her chin as she stared at us “Listen team Kakashi, I have a very important mission for all of you…” we all nodded waiting for her to go on.

“The Kazekage Gaara….” She started Naruto laughed “Gaara? Kazekage?! That’s awesome! How’d he become Kage before me?” he asked laughing again. Tsunade looked a bit upset. “Naruto let her continue, please.” Shizune said he nodded.

“Has….been kidnapped by the Akatsuki” she said lowly, I felt my heart stop. I shook my head as I heard Naruto yell in a fit of anger ‘No, not my best friend Gaara…’ I thought. Gaara and I had gone back to childhood during my travels with my late Master I had entered the sand village and met Gaara and we’ve been close since then. Sakura and Kakashi was trying to calm him down and finally succeeded, Temari was there as well sadly watching.

“When are we going?” I asked my tone bleeding out with anger and revenge was on my mind. ‘Whoever did this to him is dead…’ I knew Naruto felt the same way, he and Gaara were close as well due to them being in the same situation.

“Now, Temari will lead you to the village at once” we all nodded and headed off, Temari leading the way, as she told about Gaara’s situation. ‘How could this happen? I wish I was there to help him…’ Naruto was in front of me as we jumped from tree to tree following Temari I saw him start to cry, he too wishing he was there to protect him. I felt worse, why was this happening? We soon arrived at the village, only to be greeted by an elderly woman try to attack Kakashi and mistake him for someone else who happened to be his dead father.

She then threatened us once we were told of Kankuro’s condition he apparently was attempting to get Gaara back but ran into one of the Akatsuki members who was highly skilled in poison as well in the arts of mastering puppets, she kept telling us she didn’t want us to interfere that she didn’t trust us leaf ninja because what of happened to her grandson Sasori who we learned more about from her. We somehow convinced her otherwise and Sakura and I helped Kankuro get back to health by healing him and taking the poison out. Due to the training with Tsunade it was easy to heal others but I never took interest in her strength work out trainings.  Within a few hours our team was ready to go and find Gaara followed by team Gai who split up, we traveled through the forest and to a huge blocked bolder in front of a cave.

“This is where they should be…”Yuki muttered

“And how does she know?” The elder woman Chiyo from before asked

 “Her Sharingan seems to be special; we aren’t sure how it works but it’s better not to ask, seeing as to how we don’t have time for it…” I mutter looking at the blocked bolder. Due to Yuki giving sudden sad looks and sighs I know she must have met Gaara sometime in her life as well.

“Yeah but, how do we get in?” Naruto asked I looked to Sakura “You got this right?” I asked she nodded with a smirk and tightened her glove

“Yep!” she said she then ran towards it and punched the bolder crushing it to huge and small pieces we rushed inside to see two men. One man had long blonde hair in a high ponytail he only had one blue eye; the other was a weird futuristic square. He had on the regular Akatsuki cloak, as for the other man he wore the exact attire but he was small and was a hunchback tan man with black braids and black eyes, his mouth was covered with a mask he was known as Sasori. As I looked down next to him I saw Gaara. He looked lifeless and it angered me deeply, I could feel the tension rise as Naruto yelled angered seeing his dear friend’s lifeless body be treated like a bag of trash.

“Give him back!” he yelled the men smirked

“Look, it’s the one of the Jinchuriki” the blonde said the other nodded

 “Looks like we have company” the blonde’s smirk grew

 “Should we take care of them?” he asked “No I will, go and take this one to the others” he nodded and made to what seemed as clay. And a huge bird like beast came as he jumped on and grabbed Gaara and flew off we tried to do something but we knew nothing was going to work. I turned to Sasori

 “We should split up” I muttered

 Kakashi agreed “Naruto, and Yuki will come with me, Sakura, and Lady Chiyo will be with you” he said

 I nodded and turned to Naruto and Yuki “Please, please bring him back safe!” they nodded and left to go after the other man. I turned to Sakura and Lady Chiyo “Now let’s get this over with…” I said they nodded and we got into stance I looked at Sakura and we both gave a small nod and charged at him she was on his left and I was on his right.

I had secretly made a few doppelgangers that were waiting for my signal, Sakura punched the ground and threw a piece at him which he dodged I then quickly did a few hand signs and lightning was surrounding my body I then sent my clones after him as I struck him, they too surrounded by lightning and stuck at him all kicking and punching but he had protected himself and pushed them off and myself sending me flying a few feet but I caught myself.

“I guess I have no choice if you are going to approach me…” he muttered “Will you become a part of my collection along with the brats, grandma Chiyo?” he asked as he took a stance, his weird tail whirling around in the air.

“W-what is that?” Sakura asked as we both stood next to Chiyo

“That isn’t his true form.”

“If that is true then, I see what you are getting at, he is puppet correct?” I asked turning to her she nodded

“Yes, he is” “

Then where is his real body?” Sakura asked

“A puppet master usually pulls the strings behind” “His real body is inside…” Chiyo muttered Sakura’s eyes widen in shock as we all stared at the fake puppet body. She then explains how puppet masters aren’t good at close range fights, how it leaves openings to themselves, and that the puppet is in a way cheating and an easier way to fight through that tactic. Apparently it is his 18th puppet named Hiroku

 “Grandma Chiyo, you recognize it?” I ask slightly turning to her she nods

 “I know it well…” she answers

“Do you know how I add to my collection?” he asks there was a long silence allowing him to continue “First, I tear out the organs, once I’ve washed it clean, I drain all the blood” I glare at him as he seems to make eye contact with me and I can feel a smile under that puppet. “After I’ve made sure it won’t decay, I fill it with weapons and traps, and make its addition official” he then stares intently on grandma Chiyo “Just as grandma said, Hiruko is part of my collection, and with you two girls and grandma Chiyo, I will have exactly 300 puppets to my collection!” he says as we glare at him ‘Great, he wants to turn us into puppets…’ I thought still glaring at him “This is my art!”

“Art, huh?” Chiyo asked she then started to explain Sasori’s impressive history but also sad history and the puppet was once a Shinobi of their village, explaining that he excelled in making humans into puppets or otherwise as human puppets.

“And you’re next” he says “You will become one of my works” his tail begins to uncurl and Chiyo tells us we must separate the puppet from Sasori. She is the only one who knows how the puppet works but it’s different from when she lost saw of it. And the only way to get to Sasori is to defeat the puppet Hiruko.

“Well Sakura I think we can put lady Tsunade’s training into good use?” I ask with a smirk she smirks back

“Let’s do this!” she says looking at the puppet.

“First we’ll get close to him and break the puppet with your strength” Chiyo says as we both nod agreeing to her plan “But, you must dodge all his attacks, every last one” we both look at her and then back to the puppet “You can’t let them even scratch you”

“Because their poisoned…” I mutter looking at the puppet’s tail

“That’s right, a mere scratch can be life-threatening” flashbacks of when Sakura and I attempted to save Kankuro from the poison that Sasori gave him raced through my mind. Chiyo explains that we must understand the battle style of the puppet and make quick judgment.

”I don’t stand a chance” Sakura mumbles feeling scared and unsure of going into battle. I turn to her

“No, get it together; I know you can do this! Do this for Gaara, and all the others that have fallen!” she slowly nods as grandma Chiyo gets into stance

“Sakura, Shinada Lend me your ears” we nod and move closer to her “Together, You two and I will defeat him!” Grandma Chiyo then whispers her battle plan to Sakura and I. we both nod

“Got it” we reply

“Let’s go for it!” Sakura says glaring down our opponent.  

“You ready yet? You know I hate waiting…” he mutters grabbing onto his mask

 “Relax! Soon,” Chiyo yells to him Sakura pulls out her kunai as I pull out my sword. “We’ll defeat you!” Chiyo finishes we then charge at the puppet, he then pulls his mask off and it opens to reveal Senbon coming out trying to attack us.

We dodge them easily jumping from left and right and up, and blocking the attacks with our weapons but also progressing towards him, within a matter of minutes we dodge all the Senbon that came our way. There was a long silence as the puppet did absolute no movement, making tension rise as we stood and waited for an attack.

“You saw through it, all right then” he says moving a part of his arm and shooting it towards us which we quickly dodge soaring towards the side. “Die!” he yells now as the arms swirls as parts of the arm begin to fly out and shoot out with small amounts of Senbon coming straight towards Sakura and I as well as Grandma Chiyo, our movements were quick and graceful as we dodge the incoming attacks almost looking as if we were dancing. Finally after a few moments the attacks stopped once again with another long silence, which was stopped as both Sakura and I charge towards the puppet, as grandma Chiyo stands still awaiting for a chance. Sakura throws a kunai which was deflected by the puppets tail, and tried striking her but she stopped moving as his tail couldn’t move, I smirked ‘He fell right into it…’ I thought.

“Now Sakura!” Chiyo yells

“Crush it!” I yell as Sakura’s fist glows a bright blue her chakra surrounding her fist as she then punches the puppet, the punch’s sound wave made the cave start to collapse a bit as rocks fell to the ground and shook the ground for a short time. The puppet cracks and breaks, the head rolls to the ground. A figure cloaked in black quickly flees to the other side.

“That’s his real body?!” Sakura asks

“It’s been twenty years since I last saw you, my grandson” Chiyo says I stare down the cloaked figure ‘I hope Kakashi Sensei, Yuki, and Naruto are doing fine…’ I thought with a small frown.

 

Yuki’s POV

As we flew after Naruto chasing Deidara, Kakashi continued to keep an eye on me. He still didn’t trust me. I heard Naruto repeatedly yelling after Deidara. I looked up, and saw the limp body that Deidara’s clay bird had in its clutches. His deep red hair flying in the wind. My heart tightened as I saw Gaara’s body lifeless. My mind flew back to when I met him years ago while Kakashi and I were trying to keep up with Naruto:

I walked slowly through the sand dunes, just walking back and forth. Brother told me he would find me after his mission…that was weeks ago. He never left me for so long before…I was only ten years old. My straw hat, and black cloak filled with the red clouds, were tattered and torn. My hair was pulled back, my cheeks flushed. I rocked sideways as I walked. The sun was about to set. My throat was dry and I haven’t had water for days. I kept walking till the moon was high in the sky and I was shivering.

I bit my hand “Summoning Jutsu Hi Yuri.” A small phoenix the size of a sparrow lite up the night. “Hello Yuri.” I said.

Hello Yuki. You shouldn’t summon me with so little chakra left.

“I know, but I missed talking to someone.” I said, blood flowing to my face. Yuri giggled, she flapped around flying around my head as I continued to walk, the fire from her wings keeping me warm.

“Go to the sand village, I will meet you there little one.” Brother’s voice echoed in my head. I underestimated how long away our hideout was from the sand…

The sun started to rise again and I began seeing spots. The wind started to rise and I saw a sand tornado not far from me.

“Pretty I said.” As I looked at it, Yuri exploded in a puff of smoke. And I fell to the ground my hat flying up, as I fell the sand tornado dropped and I saw a boy in the middle of it with blood red hair.

 

I woke up in a cave a pouch of water sitting next to me; I looked up and saw a small boy my age with red hair and a tattoo above his left eye. He looked at me with an emotionless look on his face. I sat up, and reached for the pouch of water. I drank half of it, until I reached up and bit my hand again. Saying: “Summoning Jutsu Hi Yuri.” Yuri appeared in a puff of smoke again. “Do you want some water Yuri?” I asked her with a smile on my face. Suddenly out of nowhere sand at high speeds flew at me, I turned my head, feeling my Sharingan activate. The sand stayed still quivering trying to reach me. I looked around the sand at the boy, his face was shocked. “I’m Yuki! It’s nice to meet you!” I flashed my eyes and the sand just fell to the floor. Yuri flew into the bottle and steam flowed out.

“I’m Gaara…” he said hesitantly.

“And this is Yuri!” I said pointing at the bottle, steam still flowing out of the leather pouch. “She doesn’t talk to anyone else but me. So don’t think she’s rude!” I said a huge smile on my face. My hair had fallen down; I pushed it behind my ears.

“Why do you have the Akatsuki coat on?” Gaara asked looking at me suspiciously.

“What’s the Akatsuki?” I asked back. He looked at me like I was an idiot. “Oh, how far away is the sand village from here?” He didn’t answer. I found my expression becoming one of frustration. “Fine don’t talk I’ll just keep walking.” I tried getting up. But my ankle wouldn’t support my weight. I fell back down.

“You need to go to the Sand?” Gaara asked. I looked at him and nodded. He raised his hand and the sand I had stopped before rose slowly creeping around me until they started to lift me up in the air. He jumped up to join me. His back towards me.

“Thank you…” I say to him, releasing the Sharingan. Yuri flew out of the pouch and circled around us. I saw him stiffen. We flew over the ocean of sand until we reached a wall of stone. Red-Hair just continued on and flew over the wall to one of the larger houses. We landed and before I landed Gaara caught me and carried into his house. He placed me onto his couch and left the room. I looked around there was a picture of what looked like his family but nothing else but the usual furniture. He came back with a first aid kit. I sat up as he took off my sandal and wrapped my ankle.

“Thank you Gaara.” I said. Yuri landing on my head. He didn’t look me in the eye. Instead handing me more water and gave me rice. “Thank-”

“Stop saying ‘thank you’. It makes me feel weird.” Gaara said, blushing and looking away. “You should rest more.” He put his hand on my head and sand started to flow around my head, I felt extremely tired. And I fell asleep within seconds.

“Gaara! Who is this girl!?” I woke up suddenly, I was held up by the collar of my coat. I opened my eyes and saw an older version of Gaara. He looked at me angrily. “What is your name? How did you get in here?! Why are you wearing the Akatsuki’s coat?”

“Father! Stop!” Gaara begged.

I struggled in Gaara’s fathers grip. “Please-”

“Answer my question girl!”

I looked down and saw Gaara; the sand around him was trembling.  I released a breath of air and slipped out of the coat as my body exploded in a burst of crows. And landed a few feet in front of them. My sharringan activated. Gaara’s father looked me in the eyes, he collapsed. His body twitching every now and then.

“WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM!?” Gaara yelled at me.

“I am making him relive the worst moment of his life.” I said as I picked my coat up and slipped it on. Flashes of a woman in brown hair dying with a tiny red haired baby next to her. I looked at Gaara, my Sharrigan saw his intentions, he was about to attack me. I dashed to Gaara, and I hugged him.

I could feel shock run through his body. I rubbed the back of his head. “It’s okay Gaara.” He didn’t move, until he buried his head into my shoulder, and cried.

He stopped crying and asked: “Why are you nice to me?”

“What do you mean?” I asked. Still hugging him.

“I’m a monster.”

“You’re not a monster Gaara.”

“YES I AM.” Sand burst between us and broke us apart. I saw something in his stomach making his chakra abnormal. He’s expression was one of rage now.

“Gaara…” I looked at him, my eyebrows pulling together in worry. “You’re a…”

“MONSTER!” Gaara yelled at me.

“I’m sorry.” I said tears filling my eyes. I looked him in the eyes, and used my power to block his chakra. He fell on his hands and knees. He looked up at me.

I knelt on my knees and hugged him again. It was my turn to cry now. “Please don’t say you’re a monster. I promise Gaara, I will come back and show you you’re not a monster.” I pulled away and smiled. His face showed all his shock: I then kissed his forehead. I stood up and started to run out to the balcony, I jumped off: “YURI!” I yelled. Yuri flew out with me and expanded in size until she was big enough to carry me. She flapped her wings and we flew up I saw Gaara and his father. Gaara was crying again. I released my Jutsu for them. “I promise Gaara.”

 

“I promised Gaara.” I said as I shake off the memory. I looked up at him. “I won’t break my promise.” I jumped up and yelled: Summoning Jutsu Hi Yuri.” Yuri exploded in an inferno of fire. She had grown in the 6 years Gaara had seen her. “Deidara! Give Gaara back!” I yelled.

Deidara looked back, he smiled and yelled back: “What gorgeous!? Please don’t tell me you’ve wasted your time on this guy. You need a real man. Like me...HMM.” he said winking. “Explosions and Fire are meant for each other!”

“Oh go fu-” I started as a small explosion exploded near Yuri “What an a*****e…”

 

Shinada’s POV

I stared in awe as the cloaked figure known as Sasori revealed himself; he was of fair height his entire body was not of a humans, he had crafted himself into a puppet. He had swift bright red hair and grey eyes that glared down at us, his shirt was off and only had on the light purple baggy pants with the white sash hung below his waist, and he was off the ground thanks to his tail that came from his stomach. I was tired of his tricks already and just wanted to get Gaara back home safely, this was not the time to try and act cute.

At that moment he had created a hundred puppets all cloaked in red, each puppet was different in size and appearance. We all stared eyes widen in shock, this was just what we needed. A prolonged fight that was obviously just wasting everyone’s time, well at least in my opinion it was.

“Sakura, Shinada be careful, all of these puppets wield his dangerous poison.” We both nodded as we stared intently on our opponents, in mere seconds the puppets charged at us though there were many of them they all lacked team work, after a few rounds of crushing the puppets with mere attacks and dodging their poisonous weapons, we were coming ever so close to less and less puppets, though it sounded good at the moment it was far worse than before. This would make it even better for Sasori to control the puppets and have a better advantage against us. After hours past it was becoming exhausting for us all, through those mere hours, Granny Chiyo had helped us a lot by using her special technique of her 10 puppets to assist us through the hundred against us. Later through our fight she was injured by a puppet that slashed her right shoulder with the poison, she endured the pain and tried to help. I searched around me as I dodged and slashed a few puppets out of my way.

‘This will be pointless if we don’t kill him!’ I think as I search for Sasori, for a split second I see him but as soon as I blink he is gone. I grunt in anger and begin my search again ‘Where did he go?!’ I watch as I see him appear before Sakura and attempt to kill her but instead stabs her with his weapon stained with his poison, I was going to react quickly but Sakura took care of it herself by punching Sasori and allowing Granny Chiyo to have her finish him off with two puppets that hug but stab him in his death. He turns to us all with a small smirk.

“I will give you information as a reward.” He says I wait patiently for him to continue “I have a spy who works under Orochimaru…” my eyes widen a spy? Why would he need a spy? Does Orochimaru know of it? And the most important question is who this spy was? “You can meet him 10 days later at noon at the bridge Tenchi Bridge.” And within seconds died, I felt quite sad after Granny Chiyo pondered why Sasori didn’t dodge her last attack because he had the chance to. I honestly believed that he merely wanted his parents to hug him.

After some time we caught up with the others, everyone was there including all of the ninja of the sand village who deeply care for their Kazekage. Sakura and I raced to his body to determine if he was alive or not, Yuki was already there and was staring down at him with disbelief and utter sadness, she was on the verge of crying. Naruto was crying and constantly punching the ground and lashed out at Grandma Chiyo for his death just because she had sealed the beast within Gaara, cursing himself for letting this happen to his good friend Gaara. I knew well of the outcome as I stared down at him, he was completely lifeless. It pained me to see my childhood friend lay dead on the ground and there was a chance I could have helped him. Sakura turned to everyone with a solemn look as she lowly uttered:

“He…Didn’t make it.” the crowd went silent and some were shaking with anger and sadness, Temari and Kankuro were crying as well, their little brother had just died and they couldn’t protect him, why wouldn’t they be crying?

Grandma Chiyo walked toward us and kneeled down next his body, at first I didn’t understand what she was doing but then I noticed the hand signs she was doing and shook my head

“G-Grandma Chiyo! Y-you can’t you know what will happen if you use this?” I asked she nodded and gave a small smile to me as she turned slightly towards me, Sakura knew well of this Jutsu as well as she gave off a shocked look as well.

“Yes, I do but as an apology I will give my life for Gaara, But I don’t have enough Chakra.” There was silence until Naruto broke it.

“I’ll give you some of mine.” He walked toward her and lends her some chakra; I didn’t know how to feel about this. Gaara was my friend but Grandma Chiyo is a well respected lady but then again, she did lose everything, her family are now gone and she just ended her grandson’s life and maybe in the afterlife she will reunite with them soon. Gaara had much to live for, he was the Kazekage. He was going to help shape a new path of our lives.

As Chiyo dies she has a happy smile plastered on her face, she must have saw something that we all didn’t, she may have thought of the future of this village and all the other lands. Seconds later Gaara awakens and I sigh deeply with a smile as the crowd cheers in everlasting happiness. Naruto laughs as he wipes away tears as he knelt next to Gaara but before he could say anything he is interrupted by a group of girls who push him away. The girls are blushing heavily and asking if Gaara is alright.

I smirk at the scene never did I know that Gaara the sweet, and quiet boy would be a lady killer. It actually made me laugh due to Naruto being shocked at Gaara’s fame with the ladies as he mocked the almost impossible. Sakura and Kakashi smiled knowing that our mission was a success. I noticed Yuki was smiling but looked a bit unnerved and even a bit pissed. I pondered for a bit thinking exactly why she would feel this way but it soon came, a smirk made its way onto my lips and I walked towards the group of fan-girls and Gaara.

“Long time no see ne? Gaara?” I asked he looked shocked he didn’t see me due to the group of girls, and the girls moved away as he made his way to see me. A smile merged on his face as I laughed and hugged him, earning a few gasps and glares from the fans.

“S-Shinada, what are you doing here?” he asked my eyes lowered in a playful glare as I sighed

“Honestly? Why wouldn’t I be here?” I asked he chuckled, how he changed since the last time I saw him. It warmed my heart to see him so well so quickly.

“Yeah, that was pretty stupid to ask.” I turned slightly to see Yuki shift a bit upon seeing Gaara closer.

“Ne Gaara why don’t we all go home for a chat?” I asked he nodded and we made our way to his office there it was silent. Gaara had noticed Yuki and all conversations came to a abrupt end. I made another small smirk.

“Oh, I think we should all go get some food!” I said with a wink toward Kakashi, Sakura, and Naruto. They all nodded except for Naruto.

“Uh, yeah I agree.” Sakura said with a giggle as she covered her mouth with her hand and stood up walking towards the door.

“I am a bit hungry myself.” Kakashi sensei said standing up from the couch and making his way towards the door as well and pulling out his book.

Naruto just looked at us with confused looks not understanding why everyone was so suddenly hungry.

“You coming Naruto?” I asked he shook his head with a smile.

“Nope, I’ll just hang with Gaara and Yuki for a while!” he said with a goofy smile stuck on his face. My eye twitched out of annoyance and the stupidity that Naruto gave off, he clearly didn’t understand why we wanted to leave right now without Yuki!

“I think you are hungry.” I muttered with a small glare as I smiled sweetly Naruto shook his head with a confused frown.

“No I’m fine!” he said I growled as I ran over to him and grabbed him by the end of the collar of his coat and dragged him towards the door, it was now obvious that we were trying to give Yuki and Gaara alone time.

“Let’s go you idiot!” I yelled as Sakura opened the door for us and all four of us left the room with loud yelling booming through the halls.

 

Yuki’s POV

As the door slammed shut I felt blood rise to my face. Itachi was right, the Uzumaki’s have no understanding of subtle. I looked up from my knees and saw Gaara watching me, smirking a little bit.

“So..uh.” I said, “I’m not really sure if you…uh..remember me. But uh-”

“Yuki.” Gaara said, smiling. He got out of his chair and held out his hand to me. “Come with me.”

“Okay.” I said meekly. Taking his hand. He pulled me with him to the balcony, the same one I had jumped off years ago. He jumped up to the railing and jumped off: pulling me with him.

We landed on a cloud of sand and we sped up flying over the sand village.

I looked down and saw two heads of blonde hair heading towards a building with a giant sign saying: RAMEN. I smiled to myself, and saw that Gaara and I were still holding hands. My face became very warm.

 As we left the village everything around us was sand dunes. We came up on to some rock pillars and landed on them.

The sun was bright making me squint to be able to see anything.

“Yuki,” Gaara said, letting go of my hand. Looking off into the distance. The wind picked up and my Akatsuki coat flew behind me. It was unbuttoned. “A lot has changed since you last saw me.”

“Mmm.” I said looking at him. Slipping off the coat.

He looked back at me. “You still wear that coat.” I nodded at him. “So, is it true that you are Sasuke’s sister?” he asked folding his arms.

“Yes it is.” I said looking down at the coat draped over my arm. “I found out about him when Kami Nii-Sama…er-Itachi found me years ago…” I said raking my hand through my hair. “I don’t know who I was before he found me.” I tried to remember my past but the images of burning buildings and bloody hands was the only thing I could see.  Tears started to rise, although I had no reason to be sad. They rolled off my cheeks and landed on the red clouds of the coat.

“Yuki.” Gaara said concerned. He looked worried.

“Sorry,” I said trying to calm myself down. Gaara walked towards me and wiped away the tears on my cheek. I closed my eyes and tried to remember when I first saw fireflies with Itachi. Instead all I could remember was the first time I met Gaara and the way he cared for me when I couldn’t walk when we were little. I suddenly felt Gaara put his forehead against mine.

“I never stopped thinking about you Yuki. You were the first person to be kind to me.” He said to me with his calm light green eyes. “I’ve thought about you every day. Sometimes I would hate you because I thought you lied to me when you told me I wasn’t a monster.”

“Ga-gaara?” I said quietly blood rushing to my face.

“And until I met Naruto: I hated you. After a while I thought you were just a dream I had.” He said cupping my face. “Until today. I was so happy when I saw you and now I never want to see you go.” He said leaning in. “All I want to do it protect you…” our faces were inches apart.

Suddenly a giant explosion burst a foot from where we stood. The blast made us fly apart, and we landed on opposite ends of the stone pillar. Deidara stood above me.

“Did you think I would forget about you? My love?” Deidara asked me. His face twisted and manical.

“Deidara!” I heard Gaara yell. I began seeing black spots in my vision and fell unconscious. With the image of sand flying at Deidara.

 

“What an a*****e” I said as an explosion almost hit Yuri. The wind was flowing through my hair as I got ahead of Naruto and flew right next to Deidara. I pulled up my hood and zipped up my coat.

“Sharingan!” I said, and the familiar pain in my eyes erupted and I felt my power increase ten-fold.

“Fire Release: Great Dragon Fire Technique!” Fire came out of my mouth and flew towards Deidara, it burst around him and his clay bird with him and Gaara flew into the forest to our right. I flew in after him. Sensing Kakashi and Naruto flying after me. “LET HIM GO!” I yelled at Deidara.

“Of course my princess.” Deidara said winking. He jumped off his clay bird and jumped to a tree running away. I felt Naruto and Kakashi go to Gaara. Yuri stopped in mid-air, flapping her wings. We turned to go after Deidara: I’m sorry Gaara, I’ll be back for you. I thought looking at the crash site.

I kneel down on Yuri. “Come on Yuri. Let’s show him how fast we are.” Yuri replied in a high pitched yell and she flapped her wings and the air seemed to disappear in front of us. Deidara was far ahead of us, he had another bird. It was almost as quick as Yuri. He turned around and used his C4 to destroy a five mile radius of trees around us. Yuri fell and we crashed into the grass floor of the forest. “YURI!” I yelled. Her wings were twisted and bent, the fire from them burning the grass around us.

I’m okay Yuki. She said. Absorb me: you’ll be able to catch him.

“But it takes months for you to regain your strength after…” I told her.

It’s okay. At least I can be of further help to you. Yuri said. Fluttering her wings. I am a Phoenix after all. I will always be reborn…

“Okay Yuri.” I said, placing my hands on her head, I distanced myself from this and found myself being calm, my perception was an observer’s. I found my hands and arms becoming incased with fire coming from Yuri, her huge form laid out broken. An image of Gaara’s limp body flew into my mind. Rage started to fill me and my hands shook.

I felt the power coming from her: until there was just the burnt grass that had shown were she had lain. “Come on Yuri. Let’s get that a*****e.” I said to myself, placing my hand on my stomach. Warmth spread through my body and I felt fire to start spreading around my body and twisted into a hurricane my hood flew back and my hair with it.  My body was incased in a cloak of fire.

I jumped after Deidara and even with the enormous gap between us I caught Deidara in a few moments. I grabbed his collar and threw him into a tree, breaking that and the two behind it. I saw him in almost slow motion: his face plastered with shock as he hit through the trees. I kicked off the clay-bird Deidara had, the fire spreading making the bird explode behind me. I landed a foot in front of Deidara. He was laying on his back over a stump. I walked over to his head, my footsteps leaving burnt grass behind me. His blonde hair spread all around him. I squatted down and poked his forehead.

His eye’s flashed open and he jumped up and landed in a cheesy karate pose. A burn mark was between his eyes. The entire image of it was hysterical, but my face remained its bland-almost-pissed look.

Deidara calmed down and squinted at my face. “You shouldn’t have woken me up.” I saw his arms began to move so his hands could weave his signs. I shifted my weight and lunged forward, spinning around to kick him in the chest with my foot. He flew backwards again, the middle of his Akatsuki coat now flaunting a very large hole right in the middle of the coat. He flipped himself around in time to land on his feet as he ran into another tree. “Who are you?” He asked me, recognition obvious on his face. “You’re an Uchiha. Aren’t you--”

Geez what is with all of the damn talking? I thought as I started to weave signs again for a technique I had been working on for years. Itachi didn’t even know about it. I clasped my hands as I concentrated all of my chakra into my hands. The flames Yuri had given me focused into my hands, leaving my body. I slowly released my hands and there was a tiny, concentrated ball of purple energy. I threw it up as I said: “Hidden Jutsu: Spear of Yuri.” The ball floated up, and then raced towards Deidara, he jumped out of the way and came towards me. His eyes filled with excitement, I expected him to jump behind me and try to have the Spear hit me instead that would never work, there was a reason it was called: Yuri’s spear. Deidara instead: landed on top of me. His hands grasping my shoulders pushing me to the ground. The spear narrowly missed his head and instead hit the tree behind us: turning it completely black and crumbling down. Ash filling the air.

Deidara stared at me with his eye, his hair falling down and I was able to see his camera eye where his left eye should be. His face was completely blank. “Oi. Stop trying to kill me princess.” He said starting to lean his face towards me. I released my Sharingan again and my body melted into crows. Flying up into one of the few trees around us left. The crows molded back to form my body. “Oi, oi, oi!” Deidara yelled at me.

This is a very odd man… I thought, pulling my hood back up, feeling the shadows caress my face. I guess I have to use that technique.

 

As I opened my eyes I saw Deidara’s face through a barred cage door. My hands cuffed behind my back.

Deidara saw my eyes open and said: “HEY! Good morning. Today’s a nice day isn’t it? See look over there!” He pointed out a hole in the wall of the cave we were in towards a giant mountain. “Look at how big that mountain is! I would love to see who could get there first.” He said bending down his face almost pressing up against the cage bars. “My little princess.”

I closed my eyes; my left leg was on fire. ‘Where was I?’ I tried to move my arms and legs finding that I there was an incredible resistance to move them.

“Huh? Aren’t you going to wake up? If you’re not going to wake up…” I heard the door unlock, and him shuffling around until he was next to me. “I’m just going to have to kiss you.” My eyes flashed open.

‘What!? He can’t be serious.’

His hands reached my face and pulled it up. He leaned down towards me.

‘Oh F**K NO!’

I pushed off of my hands and landed away from him. The cage door not five feet in front of me, I rushed to it and made it out of the cage. I tried to run but every time I put pressure on my left leg I felt like I was going to fall down. I couldn’t feel my chakra flow.

‘WHAT DID HE DO TO ME!?’

He pushed me into the wall of the cave. He clenched both of my arms above my head. And his face became suddenly very close to mine. “Now, now my little princess,” he said soft and sweet. I could feel sweat run down from my forehead to my chin. “why are you trying to get away from me?” He asked as he pressed his lips against me.

‘Gaara…..please save me…’

 

Gaara’s POV

‘I can’t believe he was able to sneak up on us.’ I thought as I limped back towards the village. Clutching my side, wet with blood. ‘Shinada should know what to do. She always knows what to do.’

I had no idea how much time has passed since Yuki was kidnapped by Deidara. ‘Why did this have to happen? Why is he targeting her!?’

My mind turned as I imagined her bound, bloodied, and cold. Rage filled me as I thought of what Deidara was doing to Yuki.

I began to see the edge of the plateau that lead into the Sand Village.

‘How humiliating…’ I thought as I reached the end of the plateau. After a whole days walking with some sand surfing to get to this village. I gathered up the rest of my chakra to make another cloud of sand to fly me down into the village. I crawled onto the cloud and as I descended thirty Shinobi gathered around me.

“Kazekage!” they all shouted. I looked up and saw the familiar blonde heads rushing towards me.

Shinada and Naruto were the first to reach me. Shinada immediately saw my wound and began to heal me without a second glance.

“Deidara…” I tried to say, my voice scratchy and quiet. I gulped and re-tried to speak: “Yuki…kidnapped…Akatsuki. Please Shinada.” I looked up at her; ‘She must have some skills to track Yuki down!’ “Please find her.” I begged her as I began seeing black spots in my vision, I collapsed and the sand cloud I was on dissipated and fell down.

‘Forgive me Yuki…’

 

Shinada’s POV

“Where the hell could they be?!” I asked the group as we searched endlessly of the village looking for both Gaara and Yuki, if I had known that leaving them alone would have caused this I wouldn’t have let  them been alone for so long, it’s been a day since anyone has last seen of the two.

“I don’t know, no one has seen neither Gaara nor Yuki.” Temari told me as we jumped from the random building tops, Naruto was growing weary he felt he lost Gaara again, I could understand but I had to show leadership and find the two of them. It didn’t help Yuki’s situation since I didn’t fully trust her yet. I sighed heavily my eyes caught a figure limping, men were surrounding the figure yelling out faint cries of “Kazekage!” my eyes widen as the others and I ran faster to the scene. There he was, Gaara was bleeding, my eyes widen once more but lowered as I then began to heal his side, my hands glowing a bright green as they hovered the wound my eyes wondered to his, they were dull but filled with anger and regret. ‘He’s here but where is Yuki? Did she do this to him? If she did she better pray I don’t get my hands on her’

“Deidara…” he attempted to say, his voice was so weak, it was scratchy like he hadn’t done anything but walked for miles without food or water, his voice was so quite that I almost didn’t catch what he said. I leaned in closer to hear him ‘What was that? Did he say Deidara? Did he come back for him? But why was he here? And why would he come back? And where the hell was Yuki?’ “Yuki…Kidnapped…Akatsuki. Please Shinada.” He said looking up at me with such pleading eyes “Please find her.” He begged and then there, at that second he passed out.

“Kazekage!” the men yelled my eyes watched as the men picked him up, this was serious, why would the Akatsuki get Yuki? She isn’t a Bijuu, unless they wanted her? Or maybe they found of her being around Itachi and want her dead? Time passed I was healing Gaara’s wound, it was nothing serious, he was going to live and see another day. But I had noticed the same clay as that Akatsuki member left over his wound; I took some and put it in my pouch for later. I walked out the room to everyone crowding me and asking me questions of Gaara’s condition.

“He will be alright, he’s resting.” I said lowly, still in thought they nodded with a relieved sigh. So many things happening in one day, just my luck this was something I clearly didn’t want. It was like mission, after mission and not just ordinary D-ranks but more like B- ranks. I turned to the others. “We still have no clue where Yuki is.” I said. Everyone nodded in silence.

“Maybe she lied to us and is in league with the Akatsuki?” Sakura questioned I shrugged not completely sure of her answer I couldn’t deny it but I couldn’t accept it as well. There were possibilities that she was on either one’s side. Gaara pleading for me to bring her back kept running through my mind. I have made my decision.

“I’ll be going after her.” I muttered tightening my fingerless gloves. Naruto yelled what in the background; I turned around to grab my sword that had lain on the seat waiting for me to put it to use. “It is my only choice, Naruto.” I muttered turning to face him. His face was clear with dread and anger. He didn’t want me to go after the Akatsuki.

“Why?” he asked I sighed as I rolled my eyes, this wasn’t the time or the place right now. I needed to find her for Gaara and for myself, I needed answers.

“Naruto, as an Anbu it is my duty to track down any suspicious doings, including a kidnapping of my own.” His eyes turned into confusion as he bickered about, trying to persuade me to not go.

“Then make someone else go!” he yelled I shook my head, not only was that stupid but it was a waste of breath on me, the attempts he pulled were always easy to deny and prove wrong, that my reasons were always clearer and made exact sense.

“Naruto, I am at the top of my Anbu squads, I even surpass Kakashi Sensei, I think I can handle one Akatsuki member on my own.” I mumbled actually quite offended at his worried state. He growled and opened his mouth to retort out another excuse or idea someone else could do. “Naruto!” I yelled jolting him from his actions. I glared at him ready to smack the stupid out. But I found my composer again. “To protect those innocent, and fight for the ones who can’t, that is my ninja way!” I said his eyes widen I smiled and gave him a wink and a thumbs up “Besides, I can’t get killed you idiot, who will knock some sense in you?” I said with a laugh he gave a small smile, he pulled me into a hug and hesitantly let me go.

“I’ll see you all later.” I said before appearing off at the exit of the Sand village. I quickly did my hand signs: “Boar, Dog, Bird, Monkey, and Ram.” I then bit my thumb until it bled to swirl it onto my left palm and touch the ground to summon Gamakichi, now fully grown into a large toad.

“How’s it goin Shinada?” he asked I smirked with a nod as I responded to the now overgrown toad.

“Good, but now isn’t the time to catch up, can you track this?” I asked he looked down at me as I took out the c4 from my pouch and lift it up in the air, he deeply inhaled and then exhaled blowing the sand all over, though I didn’t flinch as the sand flowed around, blowing my hair along with it. He sat there for a while and then nodded.

“Yep, it’s pretty far from here, about somewhere near da Leaf and stone village.” My eyes widen ‘All the way there?’ my eyes lowered as I sensed the seriousness. Whatever this Akatsuki guy was up to, I had to stop him.

“How long will it take to get there on you?” I asked he laughed as he rocked back and forth shaking the ground, I didn’t flinch my face blank and clear of complete seriousness, and I was in no mood. Once again the sand flew all over the place, even landing on my hair. I growled and flipped my hair to get it off, even some got my clothes. He looked down at me and noticed me being completely serious.

“Your serious?” he asked tilting his head I sighed with a low growl as I dust myself off, I looked back up at him.

“Yes, it’s important, and right now you are wasting time, a friend of mine has been kidnapped by the Akatsuki, I wish to get her back.” He nodded still throwing out a few chuckles here and there.

“It will take about two days for us to get there if you take me.” I raised my eyebrow and repeated him on the ‘if’ part questioning him.

“Yes, if.” He repeated I growled he was surely pissing me off, I knew I should have summoned another obedient toad than Gamakichi.

“GAMAKICHI!” I yelled, my voice booming he laughed loudly shutting me up as I glared up at him.

“Alright, alright, I’ll take ya but only because you aren’t as annoying as that brothers of yours, and I like ya!” I nodded and muttered a thank you, even thought it was like pulling teeth with him just to go somewhere.

“Let’s go.” I muttered he nodded and off we went, hopping from the village in search of Yuki and this Akatsuki who was eager to have her. ‘You better not be dead, or worse in league with them, because if you are, you are going to wish you were dead. Yuki’

 

To Be Continued?

 

© 2013 Anarchy


Author's Note

Anarchy
What do you think? What should I improve on? Everything you put I will take notice, Thank You.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Haven't read this yet, but so looking forward to it. When I get a chance I will be checking this out.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

313 Views
1 Review
Added on December 10, 2013
Last Updated on December 10, 2013
Tags: Naruto, Fantasy, Action, Romance, Anime, Manga

Author

Anarchy
Anarchy

Des Moines, WA



About
Heya Bakayaro's! Anarchy Here! Me and my friend AtolliaKonoyaro! will write any kind of Anime stories, we have done a few so go check her out! more..