Alive

Alive

A Poem by Anastasia_Snow

The wind in my hair

And the grass beneath my feet

Tell me I'm alive.

© 2016 Anastasia_Snow


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a wonderful piece of work. It is very expressive and it really captures the essence of life. It takes great skill to construct a quality haiku because you have to capture everything in very few words, but you did just that. Keep it up and I look forward to reading more of your writing!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Anastasia_Snow

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much for reading and for the kind words, Justin!
Haven't seen a haiku in a while. Certainly haven't written one in a while as well! Simple, sweet, short, too the point. Wind, a lovely breeze so delicate, but intricate and the grass, a texture most soft, loving, and nurturing unto one's feet. The simple nouns provide an imagery that one might associate with reality which is exactly what I was looking for in my contest. While it's short, I'd say that your poem has a fair chance among the rest of the submissions. I love it! Great job!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Anastasia_Snow

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much, Richard! I'm glad you like it!
Just simple natural elements can be so telling. Beautiful haiku!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Anastasia_Snow

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much, Sarah!
I would love to see this a piece of art. A haiku like this deserves to be crafted into a work of art. Perhaps someone with long hair sitting on a hill. The picture zoomed in on them, strands of hair blowing gently in the wind, barefoot with a sunhat.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Anastasia_Snow

7 Years Ago

Yes! That would be really cool! The picture you described would fit this haiku perfectly, I think.
Simple, but satisfying! Sometimes less is more.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anastasia_Snow

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 11, 2016
Last Updated on August 11, 2016

Author

Anastasia_Snow
Anastasia_Snow

WA



About
You can call me Anastasia. It isn't my real name, but it is what I go by online. I enjoy reading and writing, playing instruments (clarinet and piano), studying different religions, and learning langu.. more..

Writing
Rain Rain

A Poem by Anastasia_Snow