A house for my home - Part 1

A house for my home - Part 1

A Story by Anata
"

Short story, created out of one of my dreams.

"

It was an ordinary, warm summer day. Peter, my husband, and I are browsing the internet, looking for a new home.

‘I told you we’re never going to find something here …’ he said, as he was clicking away all the browser tabs filled with way too expensive houses.

‘Come on now dear, those things take time. Don’t worry; we’ll get there, sooner or later.’

I have always been the one who has to be both realistic and comforting. Although we were born in the same month, we tend to differ a lot when it comes to emotional thinking. Where my hubby tends to see life through pink glasses, I am more likely to see things more negatively than they really are. For that we do make a good couple, as we balance each other out.

‘Why don’t we go for a ride, and see what’s on the market that we haven’t found on internet yet?’ I could hear in his voice that he needed a break, something else than constantly looking at a monitor, and browsing the same websites day in day out.

‘Ok dear; that doesn’t sound like a bad idea. You drive or I drive?’

Usually when I ask such questions the answers would be that he drives, as we mostly use his car. However, as I am capable of neither reading, nor writing, nor doing anything which requires using both my eyes and my logic in a moving vehicle, he just replied firmly and somewhat sarcastic:

‘Do you even have to ask that question? We all know who will be driving as someone has to take notes of telephone numbers, and I have the slightest feeling it won’t be you.’

I couldn’t help but giving him a small grin. This, among other things, was what I loved about our relationship. The freedom, the teasing and the possibilities we had with each other. We took something to drink, a pen and some paper, and went out to search for our future home.

How where we to know that this trip would become much more than we could have ever have thought of…

 

 <a href="http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/Anata/307836/">The Playground - part 2</a>

© 2008 Anata


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hm, interesting beginning to the book. I am definitely intrigued. I like the conversational style of your writing, very easy - almost friendly and easy read and relate to.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

282 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 3, 2008
Last Updated on September 23, 2008

Author

Anata
Anata

Houthalen, Belgium



About
So :) first of all, i'm 25 years old. Second :p my real name is 'Siva, it's from India, though i have no relations whatsoever there. I enjoy writing, and have recently found my passion again, as i .. more..

Writing
Greed Greed

A Poem by Anata


Take a risk Take a risk

A Poem by Anata


Conscience Conscience

A Poem by Anata