"Is Snoopy A Cat - In A Dog Suit?..."

"Is Snoopy A Cat - In A Dog Suit?..."

A Poem by Chris
"

speaks for itself

"

“Is Snoopy A Cat - In A Dog Suit? …”

 

The cats are playing - hunt a victim!

So beware you innocent, bared foot.

That means YOU you-open-toed, 

house-found boot or shoes,

the oft strolling leg -

the ravaged-to-be socked foot.

All are but a targeted …beastie.

 

The "vultures" gather up on high

staring

stalking

awaiting that …moment… of

LEAPING

pouncing

comes the THUMP of fullbody VICTORY!

 

And thereafter the acceptance of due!


The stately preening of claw-by-fang

and tongue tipped vibrato proudly plying -

filling the ears of hapless, life-lorn-torn-

pliant victims of their new-found-civilityless …existence.

"…life-is-gooood…" stares shared back-and-forth

as tails punctuate the hunters return to GLORY!

 

Chris

© 2015 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
Feel free

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ah, I've often been the victim of an unprovoked cat attack, and felt the pain of claws sinking into my flesh, just because I happened to pass by when he was feeling particularly playful. You sum up the cat's nature perfectly!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Chris

8 Years Ago

so then...IS Snoopy a cat in a dog suit?
Viv Wade

8 Years Ago

Surely not, Snoopy doesn't have that vicious nature, does he?
Chris

8 Years Ago

Depends... he went after the Red Baron pretty hard after all! And he DOES do a GREAT Vulture!!!
I love the way you make the poem dynamic, I can feel and hear the movement it's a really effective way of writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


Chris

8 Years Ago

thank you for pausing with me... hope to hear you again.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
-- ohhh... for me, this piece appears to be about cats but actually reminds me of (us) human beings... disguised, masked, veiled (like snoopy?)... and yet vulnerable in the presence of those who could potentially expose sides of us we didn't even know existed... until those "stares" are "shared"... post the "acceptance of due"...

-- a very intriguing and thought-provoking piece of poetry, Maestro Chris, with your unique sense of percussion in the rhythm of the words you choose...

Posted 8 Years Ago


Oh so light, and well crafted these words. What a delight!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Chris

8 Years Ago

True words... and meaning-full intent.
This is wonderful in its playfulness which is the character of kitties..so cute and playful in their painful attacks on their victims. Really fun to read!


Posted 8 Years Ago


Chris

8 Years Ago

I'm glad it brought the smile behind your eyes... THAT is what we do - share perceptions.
This reminds me of an incident that happened to me years ago. I didn't even know I was afraid of rats until I actually saw one, in person... I was absolutely horrified. I shrieked in a note...I didn't even know I could reach. Lol I ran to my room and got my cat, and just set him to the direction where the rat was, ( I was too scared to look where it went haha) anyway, my cat sniffed the air...did some cat ninja stuff, and killed the dirty rat...and presented in the middle of the living room floor for me to see...it was disgusting. Called the manager...to remove it. Thank goodness...I hope to never see a rat ever again. I think i'd rather live with ghost. haha..great poem.

Posted 8 Years Ago


'the ravaged-to-be socked foot.'

Stand out line in a delightfully playful poem and you've got our feline superiors down to a T

Posted 8 Years Ago


I remember the first cat my parent's had when I was a very young child. 'Tin Tin,' she was a Tonkanese, quite beautiful; and oh how she ruled the roost. She would sit still as a statue on the mantlepiece in the lounge, unblinking, the look in her eyes quite casually dismissive as she observed our comings and goings., until of course she wanted something; then it was all purring and preening and pouting until she got her way.

Love cats, loved this. Beccy.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I like this. Our two gang up on us to get fed. We also play 'musical chairs' with our cats. They get all sweet and purry then take the seat when we get up. One of them definitely thinks she's more dog, a retriever!

Posted 8 Years Ago


I think snoopy's just snoopy :)

Posted 8 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

807 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 8, 2015
Last Updated on October 8, 2015
Tags: Poetry, Writing, CHris

Author

Chris
Chris

Lansing, MI



About
"Life is a terminal disease." All the doctors have basically told me so. "Life is an adventure... Pain, well you deal. Thanks for being here. 06/21/2020 I'm back and working on. I've been.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Bleed Bleed

A Poem by wordman